To all Caldari sympathizers - a musing

yeah sure… a highly decorated admiral just decided to up and do it on his own. don’t buy into federalist lies. it’s not exactly like they are above genocide. slaughtering a few civilians is not beneath them

Admiral Noir was known as a staunch advocate for peaceful relations with the Caldari - he was even awarded an Aidonis, so clearly and demonstratably he did more good on that front than you probably ever will - and was respected even by many Caldari Navy officers. He was also the last known living veteran of the Caldari-Gallente war. He knew what it was like, better than anyone. You just have to wonder is anyone truly capable of such a long game of charades, because he spent almost a hundred years of doing the exact opposite of his last words and actions.

3 Likes

you are only further proving my point…

he was not someone who would do it without the federation ordering it

From what I can tell, he would have been a man who would not have followed such an order. No court would judge him for disobeying such an order.

3 Likes

lol he was still a soldier.

… not to mention the countless witnesses

He was an Admiral. By attacking the Caldari he would have had everything to lose and nothing to gain. But sure, some people believe Tibus Heth did nothing wrong, so have your delusion, no skin off my back.

3 Likes

MILLIONS WATCHED HIM DO IT.

and you sit here in complete denial. an admiral is still a soldier and he will follow his orders. your previous description of him didn’t make him seem like some one in it for personnel gain

Why would we ever let this go? People do not go to war for things that they just let go. History has been stained with events that will always lead to tension between the Federation and the State. It would be nice to stop this ungodly mess of a pendulum war, it would be nice to have real trade, and it would be nice to know that a few genocidal maniacs on both sides of this divide where kept on tighter leashes.

I have fought this war, and if someone would give me a reasonable way of ending this war that does not leave my adopted nation at the hands of kraken determined to have there pound of flesh I would gladly stand down and push for my allies to as well.

Tristan Valentina
[GMVA]
Freedom Through Superior Firepower

well, if your concerned about a nyx hitting a station again how about you plan this?

better idea. go to each and every one of their planets and stations, release the kyonoke plague then slaughter any unlucky enough to some how be resistant. we have tried being peaceful and working with them. at every turn they just try to steal and kill. Only way for the caldari to be free is for the gelente to cease to exist

1 Like

… ooooooohkay. Pilot, respectfully (actually, scratch that), you’ve just surpassed some very silly people in both rhetoric and ignorance.

1. The Kyonoke plague is a solved problem, at least for now. I was there; I almost definitely caught it (we all did); my memory continuity remains unbroken.

2. A war of outright extermination is a very good way to very quickly harden the Gallente Federation in all its variety into something sharp, jagged, and capable of doing just the same thing to you. Your history involved a lot of battle against the elements, and the Caldari are a hard people, but you shouldn’t assume that if you pull apart something beautiful and fragile you won’t find sharp edges inside.

They’ve showed their true fangs before: the U-Nats, the fascists, the bombardment. If you want those fangs to stay hidden, you’re a fool to provoke something that can probably match you in viciousness.

Expect only dust and ashes and colony ships full of grim survivors setting out for distant stars from such an ending, and you at least probably won’t be disappointed.

Happily your day has passed. Wait a few generations, poor fool, and the Caldari might forget again what your Templis traitors bring them.

5 Likes

they already tried…and they faild. and this was simply during a time where all we wanted was freedom. the gallente are nothing but monsters whos past genocidal acts would make the amarr blush.

Immortality ensures our history will never be forgotten

Mr., uh, Crow-Slave, I’m considered a pretty old capsuleer. My career spans twelve years. There are police officers on the job right now in probably every empire who’ve served twice that time.

Of those years, my personal memory spans just three. Sabotage. Clone bays are well-protected, but calling them something like “impregnable” is just marketing. I have no reason to think that will necessarily be the last such problem I’ll have, either. Every year I survive feels like a small victory. And I don’t expect to live at all past the point where some critical person decides I’ve outlived my usefulness.

Some of those are due to issues peculiar to me, but, I expect a person like you will develop some issues of your own.

If you are looking for immortality, pilot, you might have been better off as a baseliner.

As for having tried and failed … there’s always next time. And remember, the Winds are teachers, not undefeatable celestial guardians. No one is protecting your people but themselves.

Part of strength is wisdom. You’ll need to learn it, or watch your weakness burn in history’s crucible-- and maybe yourself, and what you love, with it.

3 Likes

and the best way to protect ourselves is to remove the gallente. our biggest weakness are those who believe there is any other option

Which is now the vast majority of the State.

Mr. Crow-Slave, you lost this round when Tibus Heth fell from power. It’s not going to come back for a long time. And as a capsuleer, you lack the ability to target planetary facilities yourself.

Play the war dog if you like, and even despise those you serve if you must, but in the end you’re like me: an expendable tool. Nothing more.

So in all likelihood you’ll die serving them regardless. Or else turn away, and go about acting like you were wronged while seeking selfish ends.

… for a while.

You won’t be the first, or last, if you do.

2 Likes

So, the best way to prevent genocide, is to… commit genocide?

I, and likely many others, think not.

5 Likes

The best way to protect yourselves is to improve your position relative to the imperialist powers. Both of them. Right now, the State’s position empowers that of the Empire, and the Empire is no less committed to the eventual unification of the entire cluster under their banner than the Federation is.

The better option for the State is to align with the Republic, and tell both of the imperialist powers to go screw themselves. They certainly aren’t going to make common cause.

3 Likes

Hmm. Well, if both powers used that alliance to basically retreat within their borders and sit there making grumpy threatening faces at everyone I could see that working. But is that kind of inward-focused existence really what you have in mind, Arrendis?

You’re looking to have them destroy the expansionist powers, correct? (And never mind that such a policy is hard to distinguish from expansionism?)

1 Like

I’d be looking for the Republic to continue to exert political pressure on the Empire for the emancipation of Matari slaves who have not personally committed a crime. (I’m willing to accept that lifetime incarceration and labor in the name of restitution is functionally close enough to slavery to allow that it can be a valid penal measure,)

In fact, I’m more willing to believe that the Empire would be responsive under those conditions than that they would ever be responsive under the current alignment. Right now, they have allies. If the Gallente get pushy, the Empire has friends. If the Republic gets violent, the Empire can open a second front. If the Republic and State were aligned, the Republic doesn’t have the mass of an expansionist power backing them, but the Empire doesn’t have that second front to open.

Both expansionist powers would have to consider that the potential second front is the ally of their potential target, and the eastern nations (the State and Republic) could let the Empire and Federation glare at one another across Genesis and the Shirsocin/Agaullores and Basan/Esmes gates.

Edit: The current alignment, Aria, is a large part of why I believe that war is inevitable. If conditions change, analysis changes.

4 Likes

Actually that’s kind of an interesting idea. I know my predecessor was in favor of such a thing, and ironically it might have been one extra reason she worked with the Cartel (which is … sort of the Republic’s worst enemy, and sort of something else? I guess? Maybe I should talk to Kala about that. Uh, probably not as a “hey maybe I should take a sabbatical and do a Sojourn in Curse,” though).

I’m not sure the Empire and Federation are quite as mercilessly opposed as you might think, particularly with the Pax Amarria in play. It’s not like they don’t talk to each other, or like there aren’t Amarrian chapels and even cathedrals in the Federation. That might be about a million different stories, though, all really hard to predict.

Hm. Well … I don’t think it’s going to happen soon, but it would definitely make an interesting turn of events. I expect the SoCT would be cheerful about it; the Jove really kind of like the Republic and State if I remember, I assume for just the reason you fingered: least likely to get aggressive in dealing with the Directorate. Which is gone, now, but … I’m a little impressed with how widespread the SoCT turns out to be.

Sorry. Tired. Might be babbling. Going to bed.

Be well, too, okay?

2 Likes