To all Caldari sympathizers - a musing

I wouldn’t say they’re mercilessly opposed to one another, but neither one is willing to allow the other the primacy. The Federation/Empire competition, not the Federation/State rivalry, is a true case of Hegemonic rivalry. (The State isn’t looking for Hegemon, it wants to be left the frak alone.) The Federation and the Empire, on the other hand must prevent the other from achieving a clearly dominant position.

If the Federation achieves such a position, the entire validity of the Amarr Faith is called into question—it’s predicated on the very idea of Amarr dominance.

Likewise, if the Empire achieves dominance, the inevitability of ‘universal liberty and egalitarianism and democratic values’ is immediately shown to be a sham.

Neither is a position that that power can tolerate. Not just ‘can’t allow to persist’, but can’t allow to happen. So the idea of the two of them forming a cooperative union is out of the question. Ideologically, the Empire and Federation are the greatest threat to the other’s core cultural values.

Also, you too. Still getting granite out of… uhm… places. Thanks for the help, though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hm. Well, interesting, but I don’t know if I agree with your future history there totally. Actually it seems like it has the potential to really bring both the State’s and Republic’s nightmares home, by putting them in a position of strength that encourages them to drop their guards.

For example, unless the Republic’s willing to deport its Amarrian believers to the Empire, a lot of your returnees are going to be looking to spread their faith. The Empire might pretty much kill the Republic by giving you exactly what you want.

Anyway … bed. Good night, Arrendis.

1 Like

Emancipation doesn’t mean emigration. If they believe in the Amarr faith, if they believe in the Amarr culture, then there’s no reason to force them to leave the Empire. If anything, we’d want to see them stay where they’re happy, doing what they love, working for people they know and respect.

We just want them to do it because they choose to do it.

4 Likes

you mean those beasts that can’t maintain a stable government without killing each other? lets face it the minmatar that were smart enough to join the empire are much better off. And the caldari are better off keeping the minmatar friends with the federation to keep draining their resources.

please they are children at best we saw what happened when we tried to treat them like adults. they threw a tantrum and brought capitals to Yulia because things didn’t go their way. The minmatar just aren’t ready and if the amarr want to be their guiding hand let them

yeah? better the gallente than the caldari. And the federal government itself has show its willing to act together to enact it on the caldari. Or have you forgotten Caldari prime?

So, pilots, maybe raise a hand if you felt like TomHorn needed a walking, talking caricature?

4 Likes

So … Arrendis? There’s a thing you’re glossing here maybe just a bit.

One problem with the returning, freed Matari recently flowing back out of the Empire and into the Republic, and taking their beliefs with them, is that they’re … well, still your kin. And they do seem to want to be among other Matari. Unless I misunderstand the situation, they could have stayed. They did exactly what you suggested: they chose where to be. They chose the Republic.

They chose to live as Amarrian believers in the Republic.

To do what you’re saying, you’re going to have to expel the ones who won’t renounce their beliefs, and allow no more in. It’ll mean breaking up families again. It’ll mean dividing your kin. It’ll mean declaring that there’s something more important to you than blood after all.

As I understand it, that’ll also mean losing most of the surviving Starkmanir, sending them back to a nation that once tried to extinguish their line completely.

It’s all well and good to say that Amarrian influence needs to stop at the border, but is that really something the Republic is prepared to do? Is it something even you, personally, are prepared to act on?

1 Like

The greatest weakness of the Caldari State is the presence of an entire planet full of filthy Minmatar subhumans rotting the State from within.

I’m no longer part of the Federation and I don’t care for the expansionist powers that much partly because they made me do things that leave a really bad taste in my mouth. That being said, genocide just shows that you are as bad if not worse than your enemies.

1 Like

that’s fine we will have plenty of time to become better people after the gallente are gone

raises his hand

1 Like

No, I know what you mean, Aria. And it’s true, that’s a very thorny topic. But it’s a problem we should face together, not grope at with part of our nation’s brainpower while the rest of it remains enslaved.

If they want to return, if they want to be among their kin in the Republic, then maybe that means accepting restrictions on proselytizing. Maybe it means setting up Ammatar-esque enclaves. I don’t know. I don’t think anyone has a solution that makes everyone happy.

But, like the Caldari issues of how to deal with Home, it’s our problem, and it’s one we should have the chance to tackle. All of us, including those currently enslaved in the Empire.

5 Likes

Any time you like. It’s certainly a complicated relationship and one I often struggle to navigate.

I had some ideas about that…

2 Likes

If you truly believe that then you’re a worse monster than I am. Your type is definitely my least favorite, I can’t stand those who believe that genocide is the answer to anything, killing people in the trillions for crimes they didn’t commit and in some cases tried to stop in whatever way they were able to. Lashing out like a child is the wrong way to do anything you said yourself

So what makes your actions different? Actually what you’re suggesting is far worse than bringing some normal( not super) capitals to Colelie.

3 Likes

if the only other option is have your own slaughtered it’s an easy choice. in a perfict world we could just detonate all the gates into each others space and have the Amarr work as a giant buffer. But we know the gallente would just circumvent that and find any excuse to do what they did on caldari prime

What makes you think the Amarr would act as a buffer? They’re as committed to making every culture in New Eden kneel as the Gallente are… they’re just more honest, and less polite, about it.

4 Likes

Are you one of those people who believe people never change or something? The Federation is very different now than back then. The orbital bombardment of Caldari Prime was certainly excessive, and the Federation realized that later and took actions to repair the relationship between them and the Caldari. From what I can glean off of the suspicious reasoning that Admiral Noire crashed a Nyx into that station, either Admiral Noire was being controlled(say, with TCMCs) by someone who wanted the war to reignite or he was being impersonated by someone who wanted to reignite the war for whatever motives( they could have been acting childishly just like you are now)

4 Likes

First, if you’re going to get all factional with this crap, I’d appreciate it if you at least used ‘you’ and not ‘they’ when denigrating the Matari to me, as I am in fact Sebiestor.

Second, does that mean the Caldari were throwing a ‘tantrum’ and being ‘children’ when they sent a supercapital and support ships to Caldari Prime? When they invaded Luminaire?

Personally, I don’t think so. I also think that while regrettable, the strike on Yulai (I’m going to assume that was a typo, and not you really thinking the name of the system is ‘Yulia’) was a necessary move on the part of the Elder Fleet if it was going to have any success at all. Think of it a quick, short jab to the nose to keep your opponent’s friends from jumping into the fight.

You know, strategic thinking and careful management of threat levels. It’s not like we unleashed a deadly super-plague on one our own planets through our own rank incompetence, you know?

Those criminals were all Caldari.

5 Likes

I guess I overestimated your capacity for rational thought

I’ll stand with @Aria_Jenneth on the fact that your attack would only reach so far before the Gallente know what’s up, and considering your making an attempt on the life of trillions of men, women, and children, they will fight for their lives, and you will incur heavy losses, if not lose the battle completely, if you back them into the corner. that’s not even thinking of what retaliation, if not a complete backing by CONCORD, since you intend to commit a genocide of one of it’s members.

Which is why, unlike the OP and unlike you, trying to de-escalate the war for a mutual solution so a war doesn’t bring about a body count larger than any capsuleer wallet. of people who could most likely not know the full history or political drivel behind the government’s actions. I stand to reason the caldari and gallente haven’t worked things out is solely the fault of their executive governments, in as many ways as you and I can speculate.

2 Likes

How about you let go of our Caldari Prime first? It’s not the place for gallentes to stay, it never was and never be. After all you did to this world, you don’t deserve touching its surface.

How about you let go all these prisoners you torture, rape, beat, starve and lock in explosive cells just for them defending their homes?

How about you vacate Black Rise completely before asking us something to do? That region was explored and colonized by Caldari, there is no place for gallente occupants.

How about you give out criminals, who conducted racial genocide in Black Rise and those who committed warcrimes and other atrocities, including anyone who planned and executed Operation Highlander?

Show us that you are a Human, and not a Monster - and you will deal you like with Human. And if no… we’ll just keep butchering you like animals in order to protect our space, our people and our property from your invasion.

You know, while you keep invasion, while you keep occupation, while you keep doing genocide and torture, I don’t think that Triglavians or whatever is a serious threat to the cluster. But you are.

As a Caldari captain, I don’t care about differences. But I do care about the offesnes that you commit about our people. And as you dare to open your mouth to make any demands, your other breathren still torture our citizens.

Stop being a monster - then we’ll talk.

Errm…

3 Likes