To all in Service of Holy Amarr

There is no Blindess, It is focused and clear, it comes from the “Factual” and continued enslavement of our people. You are party to this and as such an exceptional representative of your people. Amarrians who think this will go unpunished will meet their maker soon.

Your snake like words hide a sinister and disgusting treatment of your fellow human beings, I know what I am…

2 Likes

If you knew what you were, you’d leave speaking on behalf of your people to the likes of Ms Rhiannon.

I’d like to see how long you’d be breathing if left alone in a room with Elsebeth Rhiannon.

2 Likes

Then you are even more foolish than your insistence on going down to waste your abilities in ground combat has made you seem. In the long term, this war will not be won by military strength. Right now, we have leverage. Sarum proudly and publicly announced an attack on civilians, and no matter how much the Amarr whine about it, the longer they attack civilian populations and we do not, the less sustainable their position is, in terms of political pressure. Behave like a monster, and you prolong things, and even hand them the advantage.

It is a matter of which is more important to you: egotistical grandstanding, or winning, and securing our people’s safety and well-being? Do not be an idiot. Do not let your need for posturing condemn more of our people for more torment over a longer time.

1 Like

There is no posturing, I speak the of facts… What has happened and what we will do in return. There is no win for us. But without us the Matari seeking peaceful means to end the enslavement of their people woulds be the extremists and the “terrorists”. Without the fear of blood and death there will never be peace with the slavers.

I find it curious that you use precisely the same argument as the most zealous Reclaimers. No peace until we spill so much blood that they know their place.

2 Likes

They believe that what they do earns them an everlasting paradise. They also believe that civilians killed by you for the crime of being of their faith also earn an everlasting paradise. Exactly how is ‘you get rewarded forever’ supposed to be a deterrent?

Can I just suggest the likely pointlessness of trying to shock people with violence who live under the threat of the Blood Raiders and/or Sansha’s Nation day in, day out, Mr. Macsliebh? The Raiders, in particular, are noted for things like kidnapping Uncle Arim and returning him to Aunt Serri in small monthly installments with little notes attached, like, “Thinking of you, Auntie. Wish you were here!”

At worst, you’re basically just one more group for people to shoot, stab, or poison themselves and their children rather than be taken by.

2 Likes

That’s a fair point.

I suspect what would be more terrifying for the Empire would be previously faithful Mary getting turned and sent back home as sleeper agents and infiltrators. Especially if they are trained well enough for the MIO to have trouble finding them. Relentless as that organisation is they still are troubled by the Raiders and the EOM. And they have been around for a very long time.

Yes, I am certain we would be greatly troubled by infiltrators and sleeper agents among the commoners of Devoid and the Bleak Lands.

I will do all I can to see them protected, because it is a stand that should be made. But your scheme is a nonsense akin to me torturing and demanding military intelligence from Floseswin swamp farmers.

Until you are ordered to attack them, you mean.

2 Likes

Regardless of their professed beliefs of the joys of afterlife, most people are remarkably unwilling to leave for it prematurely. This does not seem to differ much between cultures and belief systems.

1 Like

Aww, Pol. You say the sweetest things. :wink:

2 Likes

So, aside from what Ms. Yassavi already said, I think that kind of thing is normally called … a spy?

Also, the Sabik already play that game. Actually, every new Sabik cult in the Empire probably starts out that way? They normally only break into the open if they somehow survive discovery. (Capsuleers, being pseudo-immortal and weirdly close to sovereign, get to be an exception.) Even Sarikusa’s poem starts, “Bloody Omir ran away. . . .”

1 Like

The greatest threat to the internal integrity of the Empire is not ‘previously faithful’ Matari, but current members of their faith returning. They will see the faith they received was nothing more than a lie taught to the lower masses to justify their power structure, and do not serve the ‘rightful’ purpose of their faith.

The best example of this is Samira Kernher and her movement. You can see just how aggressively fanatics like Chakaid were triggered by her manifesto, and how much effort others such as Lok’ri go on to try to denounce and subvert the movement. The simple truth is the Samira poses a very real threat, as she shines the light on the Amarrian hypocrisy and her movement grows among the slave and commoner populations.

1 Like

Maybe, Mr. Aloga, but Samira did a mighty thorough job of burning her bridges here. She might have a following in places I don’t see much of, but she did huge damage to the interests of those same populations by her betrayal. She went straight from being a role model to a cautionary tale.

She seems to be kind of trying to make up for it now, but it’s not clear to me that she has much leverage left.

2 Likes

Its not about leverage. It is about the power of ideas, and whether or not Samira’s are powerful enough to take hold. At that point Samira herself becomes irrelevant, and any bridges she may or may not have burned are meaningless.

Edit: and please, refer to me as Cain. I understand naming conventions differ between cultures but I always find it awkward when people refer to me by my Clan.

On an individual level, yes. On the broader cultural level, that sort of belief has been more than sufficient impetus for any number of lunatic cults to endure peril and even commit mass suicide. Once we’re dealing with insular, self-reinforcing groups (which people isolated on an enemy planet and under siege tend to be, as are most elite combat units), the normal human survival impetus isn’t all that difficult to subvert.

The Empire’s not all that short on people from various backgrounds claiming to represent the true Amarr faith, Mr. Aloga. That’s something common to pretty much every single heresy out there, from the Purity of the Throne ultra-orthodox (with whom Samira has a little bit in common) to the Sani Sabik. It’s commonplace. Heretical cults pop up at whatever level probably a thousand times a year, and most of their leaders sound somewhat like Samira (who has self-identified as a heretic).

Most of those leaders didn’t politically burn their would-be followers before trying to form their cult, though. I agree that Samira might find some sympathetic ears, but I’m not at all sure how many. It seems more likely that the idea of such a cult will be used to justify the repression of her people; the perception that such a thing is growing, and growing strong, will serve certain persons not at all friendly to her, or your, cause very, very well.

1 Like

Again this advice: keep your head down, do not protest, do not question, do not, gods forbid, rebel, because if you do, you and yours will suffer.

“Kneel, and you’ll be saved.”

Do you really think that is the argument Cain Aloga of the StormWind circle will hear?

1 Like