To My Minmatar Cousins

So you wish a war, to survive and rebuild… that’s a sound strategy.

1 Like

To correct… my goal isn’t bringing people to the Republic. I’m not going to deny that choice to those who really want to, but the goal is reforming Amarr and helping Amarr’s people, which includes Amarr of Minmatar descent and other slaves.

Also, yes, buying from shitty Holders just gives them more encouragement to keep producing slaves (and in large enough quantities, encourages them to elevate breeding rates). You’re a buyer, you’re giving your seller a market for their goods. It might not be as serious of one, because you presumably are paying a considerably lower value for them and said Holders could easily get more money if they incorporated better slave holding practices, but it’s still providing them a market. And yes, even if it wasn’t you, someone else probably would… but we all play our parts, and have our own choices to make about whether we’ll feed into it.

I’m not going to tell you you’re wrong, for every individual person who goes from a worse life to a better one everything else is irrelevant, but it’s important to consider the other impacts such choices make.

■■■■■■■■. They are already suffering tremendously you colossal idiot. So, yes, every ■■■■■■■ bit of aid is owed and necessary to try to force a change in a system that refuses to change on its own because of the evil and corruption of human beings. You prolong the conflict because that’s the only way the conflict actually has a chance to accomplish what it set out to ■■■■■■■ do. Otherwise, everyone who fought in that conflict gave their lives for nothing. That is how you honor the lives of the people fighting, by ensuring that the sacrifices they made were not in vain.

People who rebel, do it knowing what they are probably going to lose. They know they are going to suffer, and probably die. And they still do it, because they know that the cause is worth that. They call for help, because if they don’t, then that guarantees their cause will never be realized. And we answer, because it prolongs their lives just that little bit longer, makes their sacrifices mean just a little bit more, gives them just a little bit more weight, with the hope that, eventually, the circumstances that lead to them rebellion in the first place will change.

It shows how little you actually care about these people, that your labeling of them is ‘stupid’. Stow your false sympathy.

It’s not about winning the war. It’s about making the current situation so untenable, raising the threat of war, that efforts are taken to address the issues in order to prevent it.

It is a game. It’s a game of chicken.

4 Likes

People who Rebel do it because Rebellion and the likelihood of death is preferable to their current situation. Otherwise, there would be no point in rebellion.

1 Like

Having experienced this first hand and got caught doing so, all it did was bring about harsher conditions on the slaves involved as they were accused of trying to flee and lead to me getting punished as well. No-one wins but the Holder who gets the money and the slaves.

Not withstanding any of that, I now have come to realise that my ‘liberation’ attempt did not consider what those slaves wanted. I presumed that they did not want to be in that situation and wanted to be freed but, based on my intuition being that one of them ratted me out, I clearly should not have acted for them.

It’s like that old adage - if someone is in prison for 100 years and then you free them even though you have ad the key all this time, are you their liberator or their jailer?

Yes, forced extraction without considering the wants of the people involved is inappropriate, and is a definite issue in ‘liberation raids’. It’s pretty ironic.

1 Like

By alienating everyone with the barest trace of a chance of changing it. By looting estates and collaborating with its enemies. It’s a mystery why so little gratitude for this help has materialized.

Freeing slaves removes them from the market. Is this a practice I should also abandon?

When is the last time you ensured anything of the sort? You’re a walking catastrophe, a curse to those who once sheltered and taught you, a scourge to the one who freed you, and a harbinger of death to those you claim to speak for. There’s been enough blood to make Sarikusa blush, how much more of your help and support can they tolerate I wonder?

As it stands, whatever your intentions you’ve made yourself one of the greatest enemies of progress in the Empire tainting your own arguments more surely than if almost any other had spoken them.

I’m told you had great potential once, and I can see echos of that in this broken child moving from one creed to the next hoping they’ll fix her. You’re never going to find what you’re looking for, the only question is how many have to suffer in your quest.

That you see such a war as the endpoint of the struggle, not merely another phase, is telling. Eventually, there will definitely be war. Much as I wish it otherwise, it really is inevitable. And eventually, someone will win, and someone will lose. And the odds are very good that it will be the Empire who wins.

And the struggle will continue. It will continue until all are free… or all are dead. By violence, by politics, by guile, compassion, mercantilism, naked avarice or transcendent philanthropy, it will continue until one of those things happens. There is no middle ground.

Please. When you have given away everything that you own, offered up all that you are, and been told ‘you are not enough’, then you will begin to approach the level of sacrifice of just one of them. Until then, your costs are nothing.

1 Like

I wasn’t saying you should abandon it. I was saying you shouldn’t be so quick to deny its effects.

Likewise, if for every slave you free, you purchase a new one to replace them, then yes that is feeding the market as well. This is why liberators do not purchase slaves in order to free them.

Considering I’ve only been at this for a year, I think we’ll need to wait a bit to see. Afterall, it took a good 5 years of trying to fix things through the system to finally recognize that that was going nowhere. So it’s only fair to give the same amount of time to trying other methods before determining their efficacy.

I’m not looking for gratitude from Holders and capsuleers.

When you’ve been left helpless watching as 10 million innocent people die despite all of your attempts to save them, then you can talk to me about how much suffering my quest entails.

I won’t post anything else in this thread. It’s all gone wildly off-topic. I was only replying to correct the claim made about me.

No I don’t wish for war. You fear a war that will end us all and force us all to rebuild because that is unimaginable. To us that’s… Semi recent history. We’ve cleared that path before and we have the strength as a people to do it again. I don’t wish for that, however I’m confident in our abilities if worst case comes true. Are you?

2 Likes

It’s not fear you intuit Vess, it’s exasperation and an increasing contempt.

A mutual feeling.

I view it more so as history naturally repeating itself, more so than a belief based on instinct. There’s no need for instinct when it comes to repeated events in history. Our people have endured this before, when has the empire been crushed to Oblivion and recreated itself? I don’t know of a time aside from it’s former slaves toting it’s line and ceasing to exist as independent people’s.

I surmise the history you speak of to be the rebellion. Certainly there are common threads, but circumstances are greatly changed.

Your people largely were crushed over eight hundred years ago, and won the opportunity to build your Republic a little over one hundred years ago. Its institutions formed with Federation money and consultants. Things that couldn’t be counted on even in victory.

This would not be repeated history, there could be no new war that did not involve the Federation. Faced with the only nation with the potential to mount a serious attempt at conquest, we would have to be less gentle than we have been in the past.

2 Likes

That tends to happen when only one side is fighting a war. Fortunately for us, we are no longer the unarmed, unwary, peaceful people your ancestors attacked without notice or provocation.

3 Likes

Even after not posting, I have continued to read this thread, and others, as my time permits. If I did not know better from serving my own Holder, a capsuleer, I would assume from the voluminous posts, that the main duties of a capsuleer are to bloviate on these forums.

A former holder is so weak that they turned on God to see, the approval of a people wantonly living in darkness. He dares to call me the consequence of the sins of the Amarr! As a faithful woman, I am outraged. May he be forever damned.

I am not sure why the Voluval matters, except as a sure indication of the infidel ways of the Minmatar, putting their faith in techno-pseudo spirituality. I hope and pray that these marks declaring their worship of false spirts will be swiftly scoured from the bodies of newly-Reclaimed Minmatar by their holders. It is a filthy practice.

We Minmatar rebelled against God in the ages past. We not only lived in darkness, we wanted to, we chose to. My ancestors didn’t merely sin, they chose to turn their back on God Almighty. May they be forever damned. When the Amarr came to us with the Light of God, to Reclaim us, we fought. My ancestors fought against God’s Chosen. May they be forever damned. Even as the Amarr worked to Reclaim us, the Minmatar still fought. The Starkmanir pretended to follow God’s command, but when their heretical, stricken Holder was rightfully executed, they decided they knew best and rebelled. May they be forever damned. Later, many other Minmatar followed in rebellion! May they be forever damned.

The Minmatar people don’t only deserve slavery, in my mind it remains a question as to whether we even deserve Salvation. Even as I write this, my cousins, however distant I pray them to be, fight against God and His Holy Empire. Recently, in speaking with another slave, she asked me what I would do with my freedom were I to receive it. I answered honestly that I felt I did not deserve it. Seeing the behaviour of the Unborn Minmatar in this thread makes me question as to whether the Minmatar, even after being Reclaimed, would ever be worthy of freedom, in the same sense as the Ni-Kunni or Udorians. Maybe in a million years, the Minmatar might be able to stand on its own as a part in the Holy Amarr Empire, but everything I have read, everything I have seen from my cousins reveling in their apostacy inclines me to agree with the Honorable Duke Chakaid. We Minmatar should embrace our slavery: it’s better than we deserve.

3 Likes

well, that was a long winded way of telling us that you’re a terrible person.

3 Likes

Since you’re still reading, I’m going to address a couple of matters of fact, in hopes that doing so may offer you a bit of clarity:

You believe in a God whose presence you accept by His works in your life, correct?

We don’t have such a god, but we do have a pretty wide-ranging and varying spirituality. One part of the spirituality is the tradition of the Voluval. Certain marks are generally perceived as having certain meanings and interpretations. For example, my mark has pretty much always shown up in the firstborn of my family line. I know of others whose marks were misinterpreted, though; they’ve still gone on to achieve amazing things.

Before the Amarr invaded and occupied us, we were the Minmatar Empire. We had achieved spaceflight—the first society the Amarr had yet come across to do so. Indeed, my clan built space-ready parts for ships and structures.

In the invasion, my clan lost everything—our factories, our town, most of our population. Today we’re still recovering from that. We are far worse off now than we were before the Amarr arrived.

This is fact, actually.

A few of the writers here—Isha Vuld and Samira Kernher jump to mind, albeit on opposite ends of the spectrum—do actually back up their words with action. I can’t really speak for anyone else.

But this could indeed be a conversation better had in person. Maybe your Lady would be interested in arranging a meetup? It could fall in line with a different request that I made of her recently.

All I am seeing here is an attempt to justify apostasy and rebellion against God and His Empire. Whether or not the Minmatar had spaceflight doesn’t change the fact we were living in Darkness, away from God’s light. The Minmatar are not worse off now than before the arrival of the Empire. At least now there are some Minmatar who have seen God’s Light and embraced Him as Lord.

The Voluval is still a heathen ritual with no basis in the True Faith. It doesn’t matter, except as yet another indication of the horrid ways of the Minmatar. It is a corrupt practice that must be stamped out.

As to whether my Mistress will deign to allow you to come to her Holding in person is left to her. However, I will pass along your request.

1 Like

We dont want your gods light. We have our own.

4 Likes

Ehh. I misunderstood “continuing to read” as “open to reason”.

Carry on, then.