Too many f##'&$%&^$%$ blues

The question we might wonder is: how did they accumulate overwhelming force in the first place?

Another question we could ask is: why is their force overwhelming?

Nope, I like spaceship engagement.

Bingo! You managed to get one of his character traits correctly (nr.3). Here are all 5 of them:

1. He has an exaggerated sense of self-importance.

2. he is usually absorbed in fantasies of power, success, beauty and/or brilliance.

3. He has unreasonable expectations of other people, i.e. that everyone else should unquestioningly comply with him.

4. He overrates the importance of his achievements.

5. He craves constant validation, admiration and respect from the world.

2 Likes

If people would actually have some different opinions inside groups, they would fall apart sooner or later, conflict drivers inside groups are unfortunately scarce, because these groups eliminate such people from them very fast. Players are indoctrinated and disciplined by throwing them outside group. Aliances have numbers already so big that they dont care about line members.

The picture of every nullseccer in coalition:

Pepe is Mittani.

2 Likes

I can only assume this is due to the arms race we hear about in Nullsec. Any true conflict would lead to massive losses from cap and super cap use. That’s assuming that faction/coalition has the ability to field as many as GS.

Rebalance caps and super caps to not have such an exponential curve upward from Battleships and you may see movement.

ganking has been around for years and next to nothing as made high sec any safer, all those years ago the legends of M0o corp used to hunt down any faction ship up until being banned for killing concord and everything else in a system. Code came years later out of interesting turn of events partnered by CCP, not because empire is “safe”. its kinda like when the US trained Osama to fight the russians.

Copy and pasted it from another thread where Sol admitted to obsessional behaviour with a couple of others and has invited you to join the party, how sad and how lazy. I have to say that being insulted by you is like being savaged by a dead sheep.

Hi Sec - #236 by Solstice_Projekt The derangement is real.

They worked hard for it, but the Tech cartel was a major part of this, but they have some seriously smart people who worked out how to win. And by the way that is another reason, they have effectively won Eve.

Other entities had the ability to do what they have done, Test have actually done rather well themselves, an AU TZ alliance I was in has so many Titans and supers for its size it is stupid.

In any case you can still have fun around this. For example Legacy are currently neutral with the Goons unless they fight the north, then they blue up. Is that defined as blue by the OP for example?

1 Like

1 Like

Corp/Alliance blues should be limited and time-gated like Attribute resets. limit 5 blues for individual corps and 10 for an alliance with a 3 month cooldown and require mutual consent, like the option in wardecs. Unlimited reds.

This creates more conflict and makes decisions matter and requires real strategy. None of this high-school girl ‘i like you, i hate you, i like you, i HATE you…’ garbage.

Make choices matter in the game.

1 Like

I like to say that China is a peaceful country because everyone thinks and acts the same. America is a peaceful country because we are an advanced society.

“worked hard for it” is a very general way of describing how they acquired their overwhelming force/advantage. Can you be more specific? What kind of “work” did they do? (Spoiler: right click → add contact, lol)

Code was a protest to the elimination of can flipping and other fighting mechanics.

I used to fight Loyalanon back when he was in a little war dec Corp in Nourv. Every couple of weeks his gang would come to Akiai and fight.

Yeah, ganking happened before that… but it was mostly a cash grab back then on unwise industrials.

I would classify it was rare because everyone was doing more fun stuff… like flipping cans and hunting war targets… which are more interesting and engaging and interactive.

1 Like

By design this game is better to be at peace with your neighbors than not. Best thing I read was a solution about making moon resources, sites and minerals finite which would require constant survey and sizing up each other’s land.

Posting in a 'grrrr Blue Donut" thread.

Make resources finite and that’ll introduce into the game the same conflict driver that has had the human race slaughtering each other for 7000 recorded years.

Until then, this is just a chintzy browser game. Might as well have castles.
Oh wait…

1 Like

Simply put they play the game to the maximum in other words they maximise all their advantages. Take the Tech cartel, they saw it and they got in on it and they maintained that advantage while it was there. This enabled them to SRP easily which meant that they could grind down opponents.

They also did rental for a while then moved into using the new indy structures and Rorqual mining to the maximum. What they did with Delve was pretty stunning, they had a detailed plan and executed it.

They worked out the best approach to get their people on the CSM.

And finally at that Keepstar battle they fitted their Titans as DD weapons only, with a dual tank and it meant that shield faxes and armour faxes were able to save most of them when attacked by the enemy. Seriously clever.

At this point they have won the game, most entities that have been in such a dominant position will die out of inertia and boredom, but the Goons no, they are too smart for that. When they pulled back on their last campaign that was seriously smart.

They worked for it over a long time, people can of course go off on them controlling the CSM and moan about it, but that is part of the high end game play that makes them what they are.

3 Likes

I dont see them peacefull, both have serious issues and conflicts that are limited only by using violence or indoctrination. There isnt anything advanced in them both beside exactly that: violent policing techniques and indoctrination techniques. All regimes (as forms of government) have to defend the status quo by those means, else they are being partitioned by the outsiders and insiders. Coup is only switching the people standing behind regime.

This is so true :laughing:

1 Like

Another member of my War Dec Discord fan club… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

How dare you? :open_mouth:
Fight me in Urlen!

Is EVE Online a team game or an individual game?