Tooltip Blocking Buttons

Is there any way to get rid of this ‘tooltip’. It tells me nothing I don’t already know. If I click on one item, and then try to click on another item, I can’t do it because the tooltip pops up and blocks the screen.

3 Likes

Completely agree; I have the same issue with this.

It beats me why the ‘tool tip’ and skill prompt can’t be shifted to the ‘See Info’ window of the R-Click Context Menu.

It should not be mouse-over initiated.

1 Like

There is an option to toggle the delay.

However, this does not work.

If I increase the delay, the tip randomly either appears not at all (sometimes I might want to see it) or it still appears very quickly.

There are cases where the tooltip can be useful, but there are numerous cases where it could be eliminated entirely.

Its not helpful to have the tooltip block more important buttons/data.

This is especially problematic because the information displayed is visible elsewhere on the screen. The screen already shows 4520 Antimatter Charges, with an estimated value of 2 million isk, and a cargo size of 11.3 cubic metres.

The tooltip blocks information, but adds nothing. It is redundant, duplicates information seen elsewhere, and prevents the user from clicking on other objects.

3 Likes

so much agree. It’s intended to be helpful and defines itself as the opposite

There appear to be three different types of tooltips:

1. Redundant tooltips, display information seen elsewhere on the screen

1. New player tooltips, display information only useful for new players

1. Informative tooltips, display information not seen elsewhere

There should be an option to disable the first two categories, as they are a distraction and turn the UI into a minefield of useless popups. These might be useful for new players, but there should be an option to disable them.

2 Likes

Straight up! Very well said, that metaphor is right on the money

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.