Top reasons why a new player should consider not playing EVE Online

A lot of my response comes down to ‘yes . . . and?’

but lets one line each

1. Stalled? No, I have worked with the devs and they are always looking at the next thing and the things months beyond that. Slow? yeah, stalled? nah

2. As in Life in Game, yeah there are all types in the game, be ready to deal with them.

3. Solo gaming in an MMO almost seems an aberration to begin with. Yet many manage it in Eve. Somehow.

4. Inflation (see comment for (2)) But I see some apply themselves and manage Omega I still think the mistake is in encouraging it. What makes you think the game SHOULD be free if you grind a bit?

5. You cannot win eve, I did a talk about that at vegas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHg126bhag so paying, not paying, neither applies.

6. Uberplayers? Saints preserve us, this has been a cry since probabaly the third day of the game. Sure someone else had a headstart. And? Look about at all the folks who have started recently and succeeded. Are the most powerful original toons? Or did they become powerful in spite of the catch up that they had to play? I have talked to the devs, did so for three years while serving on the CSM. I have not considered myself Uber, just old, stubborn and willing to talk to almost anyone.

7. Complexity. Now you see this as a detriment. I? As one of the biggest selling points of the game. One mains trash is another mans treasure.

8. There are other hardcore games with death and loss. They just did not do as well. yes Eve is unique. But if you are up for the ride? Climb on, you may get thrown a few times . . . get back up, dust yerself off, and play.

or not, as the OP said Eve is not for everyone. But only YOU kind fond out if it is for YOU.

m
(and I am Uberplayer? one more year and I get my sword)

7 Likes