Top reasons why a new player should consider not playing EVE Online

Well, overcoming the challenges is nice. All in all, I managed to play the game solo for nearly 8 years, even after meeting the wrong people, avoiding PvP at all costs and doing everything wrong to become a long term palyer… jsut I was a long term player out of stubborness and because I liked what I did.

But he point is, with MMOs going down as a genre because of multiple reasons, and EVE being the weirdest of the crop, is it better to try other games or to try EVE? I made my case against trying EVE.

3 Likes

Had close to 100billion. Gave most of it away. Oh well too late.

1 Like

No, CCP removed it.

And it stayed closed all the time. :joy:

11 Likes

oh boy plz be honest and don’t lie, nice alpha alt so you know what to do how to do and made all the pre-investments already which is got nothing to do with true alpha who just enter the game

A lot of my response comes down to ‘yes . . . and?’

but lets one line each

1. Stalled? No, I have worked with the devs and they are always looking at the next thing and the things months beyond that. Slow? yeah, stalled? nah

2. As in Life in Game, yeah there are all types in the game, be ready to deal with them.

3. Solo gaming in an MMO almost seems an aberration to begin with. Yet many manage it in Eve. Somehow.

4. Inflation (see comment for (2)) But I see some apply themselves and manage Omega I still think the mistake is in encouraging it. What makes you think the game SHOULD be free if you grind a bit?

5. You cannot win eve, I did a talk about that at vegas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHg126bhag so paying, not paying, neither applies.

6. Uberplayers? Saints preserve us, this has been a cry since probabaly the third day of the game. Sure someone else had a headstart. And? Look about at all the folks who have started recently and succeeded. Are the most powerful original toons? Or did they become powerful in spite of the catch up that they had to play? I have talked to the devs, did so for three years while serving on the CSM. I have not considered myself Uber, just old, stubborn and willing to talk to almost anyone.

7. Complexity. Now you see this as a detriment. I? As one of the biggest selling points of the game. One mains trash is another mans treasure.

8. There are other hardcore games with death and loss. They just did not do as well. yes Eve is unique. But if you are up for the ride? Climb on, you may get thrown a few times . . . get back up, dust yerself off, and play.

or not, as the OP said Eve is not for everyone. But only YOU kind fond out if it is for YOU.

m
(and I am Uberplayer? one more year and I get my sword)

7 Likes
  1. old content for you is new content for them
  2. thats the same in every mmo or certain content never gets done
  3. there are several aspects of the game thats possible to do solo regardless of this game being a mmo
  4. its possible for alpha’s to still make a lot of isk regardless
  5. paying is not required to win when working with a group… just the numbers of said group. you only need to look at eve’s history to see where that came in. Also in other mmo’s with the p2w factor involved its always about the person who spends the most or groups up with more p2w players when facing off against other p2w groups.
  6. yes every vet has a bat phone to contact ccp dev’s and by no means makes use of the CSM or features and ideas section of the forum
  7. The amount of information share / apps made for this game is a joke… you can practically find almost anything you want providing you know how to use google. This game has been dulled down due to this, however some of said information and application / website updates may be a little old due to the age of this game.

I would also like to point out that at one point with regards to industry, this game favored the players who used their brain more and created their own means of monitoring production / sales, compared to those who rode on the coattails of other players with productions such as the application isk per hour and websites like eve central or fuzzworks. This may sound bitter, however I am pointing this out to show the level of progression made already in this game due to the player base’s previous efforts.

1 Like

“There’s the door.”

Typical short term thinking of a CCP shill.
In case you may not have noticed, looks like a LOT of people have taken that door in the last 3 years.
Far more leaving than entering.
At least ones that pay for their accounts.

But hey, you keep on with your rah rah CCP propaganda.
I am sure it will keep on working, right up until the owners of CCP turn out the lights.

4 Likes

I, an alpha player, do lots by myself. I do all my exploring, most mining, HS combat sites, and lots of stuff. My Corp dose all all my refining and has a T1 ship replacement, and mining boost if they are in space, so I’m happy enough.

1 Like

Woah. Doesn’t feel right for an ISD to strike this tone, tbh.

2 Likes

And why exactly? He’s not a CCP employee, he’s a volunteer and a player. He’s entitled to his own opinion and has as much right as we have to voice it. He’s also the rightful king of the forums.

If you want to complain about something go nag Falcon about telling me that I can’t live in the 21st century without having a mass surveillance device that I carry around with me.

3 Likes

Not much to comment, just that the point with complexity was not the complexity itself, rather that it is not well documented.

3 Likes

its funny cos there are people who avoid using them and I’m talking about others besides the Amish.

1 Like

It is amazing how much civil liberty people are willing to give away for convenience.
Terrifying, actually.

If Eve doesn’t work out for the new player there is always this.

6 Likes

Don’t knock excite bike too badly… It was in arcade when I was younger. It had 2 screens for verses

1 Like

I get the sense you enjoy arguing.

But no, I did

1. station trading
  2. industry (I used 4 alpha toons for this)
  3. hunt mining npc haulers, they can have mining drone bpc and mining upgrades worth a LOT
  4. run L4 with friends, even with split loot it adds up
  5. as I mentioned, a few alpha toons help greatly, and you have many things running at once (not logged in at once though), and info on how to do these is readily available to the alpha who does a little research. If they are unwilling to check out the forums or do a little googling, then they are already going to struggle just playing the game at all.

Fyi, one can earn over 1b in a day playing about 3hr in hisec killing mining npc haulers while just being reasonable lucky. People in E-uni (including me) will tell you all about how to do it if you talk about it, so again, new player friendly. Some people will even help you out to learn and add you as a friend to bring you along on things, another thing I have done many times.

Really not that hard for people who ask questions and do research, even from week 1.

2 Likes

Fair enough.

m

I don’t enjoy arguing I’m up to be specific. You came and dropped that statement - alpha here with 1b income in 3 days. Whoa? Specify that, otherwise all noonish mass decide that it’s possible to gain 2b in a week right after the start. You could at least say that its required that that and that and preparation and knowledge. So after all you’ve been told to do the things you’ve mentioned cause its already been tested and arranged by senior players.

1 Like

#6… Er I’ll have you know, my character is a decade old and I’m still crap.

4 Likes

Just got bullied in High Sec where I discovered Weapons do not rank by Sec. Meaning your null Sec nukes and my Auto Cannon should be similar damage when in my High -sec area. Turns out, they don’t.

So I must shift my thought process and advise New Eden gets shut down. I’ll give it until 2020, 2 years of $$ losses to come. Noobs need a fighting chance, and we don’t have it. @CCP

1 Like