Top reasons why a new player should consider not playing EVE Online

ill just leave this here

8 Likes

OMG really !?

1 Like

Experimental fit, to harras nul sec warlords and elite pvpā€™rs. I support it.

8 Likes

:open_mouth:
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:rofl:

3 Likes

to be clear,
Aunt Tom isnt mine,
muggins here just made me aware of it while mouthing off in ncq&a,
where normally id chalk it up to derpy newbro and leave him be
but he dosent seem to want to hear what anyone had to say so have at him for all i care.

3 Likes

If he undocked in that, Im suprised he lasted the day or whatever between posts to change his mind.

3 Likes

I think for me to keep playing Eve Online, the regular pattern of realizing I need to quit reading r/Eve, these forums and log out of my Twitter become more apparent. Constant terminal cancer. BUT I digress.

New players should consider Eve Online. Despite itā€™s flaws thereā€™s still nothing else really like it.

5 Likes

TL:DR You either enjoy the game as it isor you donā€™t, then decide whether to play on that basis.

Note that this applies to all games, not just EvE

5 Likes

Sandboxā€¦ EVE Online is a sandbox MMO. This game is what you make it. You get to go out and learn and entertain yourself as opposed to waiting for the game to entertain you. You either make content or be content. I get it, itā€™s not for everyone. But the only way to find out is to try for yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was flying worse fits when i was newbee.

However i knew that itā€™s me having no ideas how to fit the ship. Never blamed the game for such fits performance.

4 Likes

#9. CCP thinks threads like these are ok: I hire ALL Mercenary solo and corp ones NOW! NOW! NOW! before i die from cancer

1 Like

Thatā€™s literally pathetic dude. Why would that be a thing anywhere? Harden up.

3 Likes

Iā€™m amazed that you are the one saying this now, and that you posted a thread of your own complaining about the loss of your Frigate fit Battleship after you attacked a veteran player expecting to win because your ship was bigger:

When at the start of this very thread you said:

and you also said:

You are the same person who in the above link asks for the game to change so that he can win as a noob against people with better skills and better fits? Someone who is now refusing to accept the game the way it is?

All it took was a Battleship loss and you abandoned your prinicipals and completely reversed your stand on gamers and gaming?

wow :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

And given his interest in Event content, probably a Agency reward BS, which was remarkably easy to get.

1 Like

Also, he lost a fight he started, and calls it bullying. ROFL

4 Likes

Apoc. Free ship confirmed.

1 Like

OP, I think you are undeniably right and sharp in your assessment, but Iā€™m not sure any of those alone, is a good reason, a new player shouldnā€™t be playing. The combination of them is the real issue.

Youā€™ve touched it in 6., but I would like to add that apart from Uberplayers, you also have the much more common Creepplayer. His typical attributes are outspoken denial of the above mentioned problems, because he is laying like an old lazy animal in his unwashed den, while usually being a pawn himself, he is hoping to convince new players to play the game in hopes for not being the lowest part of the foodchain himself. This type of players needs uninformed, motivated fresh blood, because new and newer players are the only ones who can fall for their age-old traps and tricks, feed their killboards and fall into their provocation schemes. If not that, the Creepplayer is looking for someone seemingly lower to prove their own self-worth by pretending they have anything worth to teach.

Then there are Bittervets, most of which are pretty great for a new player to meet, because they actually have something to teach and actually care about the game as a whole, because they understand more than any Creep that this is a game and that a game should be fun in the end.

1 Like

You should really learn game mechanics before spouting off. Your auto cannons do the same damage in null as they do in high.

This game has been around since 2003. Some noob that doesnā€™t know what heā€™s doing crying about a loss that was 100% his fault doesnā€™t mean the game is doomed.

1 Like

It is a fact that we are slowly hemorrhaging players despite the introduction of F2P elements. I donā€™t think Agentā€™s claim is that EVE was a failure from the concept stage, but rather that it cannot compete in the modern MMO market because its mechanics do not appeal to todayā€™s gamers. I canā€™t say that his assessment seems entirely wrong, however ridiculous his suggested ā€œsolutionā€ might be. I should clarify that Iā€™m perfectly satisfied with EVE the way it currently is, before I sound too much like I agree with him.

EVE is in a weird place right now where the most obvious methods to revive it are, to varying degrees, antithetical to the gameā€™s original concept and vision. CCP has the unenviable task of trying to increase the amount of new blood coming into (and staying in) the game while trying to avoid pissing off the long-timers who help to generate a lot of the content that puts EVE occasionally in the news (read: the stuff that ends up attracting said aforementioned new blood, since CCP seemingly does ****-all for marketing their flagship product).

Hopefully we can get through this Citadel slog and get some more exciting things on the roadmap, because I canā€™t disagree with OP when they say it feels like EVE has stalled.

1 Like

I love the people who have 10 alts and put 9 of them AFK in random enemy systems, for months or years at a time, just to annoy peopleā€¦ Because pay to win = Eve online. ā– ā– ā– ā–  mechanicsā€¦ And CCP has no intentions of fixing themā€¦