Top reasons why a new player should consider not playing EVE Online

I’d say we’re losing players because it’s a 14 year old game, and CCP is driving away players that like this game because it is so cutthroat by chasing after the phantom new players that are used to insta gratification games. If I wanted a “safe” space game, I’d probably be playing Star Trek Online instead.

1 Like

Annoying people = Pay2Win.

Mkay.

Threads like that are ok.

What is that single person doing to prevent you enjoying the game by being in your system? Heaven forbid you have to actually defend your risk free ISK grinding.

3 Likes

It effects the system because the occupants are floppy and have no minerals.

I’m just saying, cloaky alt-facilitated intel tools would have been a better argument than “annoying people”.

Agreed. Remove local soon hopefully. This will solve the intel problem as well as the cloaky camping problem.

2 Likes

Every time I see whining about cloaky campers, I get so tempted to run a locator and fly there in my SB.

2 Likes

The excuse that EVE is old is not valid. Good games with continuous development should never die. IMO, EVE has too many negative aspects about it that make it largely not worth playing that have nothing to do with being a full loot pvp game.

Care to name the negative aspects that you see?

i know you
hi
gonna read the rest of your post brb

edit
okay i read it and i agree with your points but i want to add to point 7
im not even a new player ive been playing since 2012
and even now if i take a break for a while a come back
rules can change and it sucks
like gcd rules
and what im allowed to shoot in hisec
they can say use your stupid green button but that green button was one of the worst things that happened
what pisses me off is why is it okay for me to ninja loot wrecks
but if i shoot the wrecks i get concorded
where is the logic in that

second edit
not only do i get concorded but the owner of the wreck can also put a killright on you
and players can activate a killright and shoot you just because you shot a wreck instead of looting it and salvaging it
what is the logic behind this garbage
anyway it just makes me mad and i roll a suicide gank alt to kill those players

1 Like

Nothing is wrong with an urge to defend your risk-free isk grinding, like, for example, if he really would love to scan some afk-ing cloaker down and remove him from here. Btw, how about risk-free presence of cloaker in the system? What actual efforts does he put into defending his presence there, except of hitting one button per 24 hours? Of those 2 guys, the cloaker is the most risk-averse one. There is usual “point” that if isk-grinder want to grind, they must keep their home militia on stand-by ready to protect them (what is shallow demagogy, but ok, let’s play along). Then why this must be one-sided game? Why cloaker need not to have his own emergency rescue team online and dedicated to his protection each time when he decides to stay in space, out of station’s safety, or otherwise face some consequences like everybody else in Eve? Even more, while isk-grinder must put significant efforts to stay safe, cloacker has a luxury of afking, waiting for the most favorable turn of events? That’s a bit too much convenience and safety in harsh world of New Eden.

2 Likes

The AFK cloaker isn’t getting dank ticks while he sits cloaked so his Risk vs Reward calculation is ok.

3 Likes

He is getting free intel, and ability to select the most beneficial for him moment of attack - again, completely free of charge and in devoid of any risk manner. He can wait indefinitely, cherry-picking his fights, without putting any significant effort into defending this his privileged position.

1 Like

I agree about the free intel but that’s a local chat problem not a cloaking one. I would liken this to you sitting in a station however. You get risk free intel too if you want it just by remaining docked up, choosing the optimal time to rat. He is not forcing you to do anything aside from be prepared for a potential attack.

Would you be happy with a mechanic that kicks you out of station if you spend too long there?

1. Stations are uniform safe spots in Eve which works for everybody. Cloak really works as intended only for a narrow range of ships.
  2. Stations are not present everywhere, cloak can give you absolute safety anywhere, while still allowing you quite a selection of tools to gather intel and waiting for the most beneficial attack time
  3. Free of risk intel gathering is not restricted to just local. Cloaked ship can easily and absolutely safe gather any other intel, from d-scan or probes as well. By placed at strategical points (gates or stations) it can as easily gather free intel as if local were there, without taking any meaningful risk still.
  4. You can’t wait for fights which most beneficial for you totally free of charge and risk while you are in station. You don’t have ability to see what you deal with from station, without probes and dscan. You can’t crawl upon your target and lock it instantly from station, you still must come out, most likely appear on its dscan, and reach it after coming to its grid.

Cloak is horrendous loophole in the general well balanced in terms of risk-reward game mechanics.

1 Like

You’re a horrendous loophole.

Your input is invaluable, Ramona. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thank you.

I just take what someone else has written and add a few emotive words that have no bearing on the subject.

I got the idea from your posting style.

1 Like

How hard is it to keep your AFK cloaky whining to the thread that exists for it?

CCP should start handing out blanket bans to people like yourself that make 10 new threads a day about it and derail existing threads with whining about cloaky campers. Would really help with the collective intelligence on these forums. We might be able to have actually interesting discussions again.

6 Likes

As Yoda once said ‘Cloak, or cloak not. There is no cry…’

1 Like