Torpedo Balancing - and Explosion Velocity

I have flown AC thrasher, AC hurricane (up to and including lvl 3 and 4 missions), AC Maelstrom, AC Mach, AC Vargur. There is absolutely no reason to use Arty in general PvE where you need to kill multiple targets fast, plus application and PG restraints are too harsh. Although there might be some usages for Arty - incursions, sniping triggers in missions to blitz them etc.

But in general players tend to prefer DPS and reliability (tracking/application) that close range weapons provide over high alpha and range with a sizeable chance to miss.

No personal aggression.

Understanding where an argument or topic comes from is useful. Especially when the argument is made with the op’s opinion. We should consider the value of that opinion.

Ac’s on a boats with fall off. Otherwise it tends to be arties. Pulses on an apoch or nomen because of optimals.

Blasters…almost never.

Eve uni wiki should be a good database of fits for pve. See what they recommend. (i don’t know for sure)

no. It becomes ad hominem, that is, NOT an argument.

intended, but there was personal aggression present in your post.

In a discussion you stay on the topic not on the person. When you rather talk about the person than the argument he is making, you stop the discussion and start the aggression.

The thing is: Arties are just as bad on hulls without falloff and/or tracking bonus. Thats one of the reasons Tempest is such an underused ship in PvE despite having dual DPS bonus.

projection ? arty usually has more range, some L3 can go up to 120km distance between rats and the warpin.

Eve uni recommend artie for hurricanes despite a range role bonus.

And a maelstrom…

They recommend ac’s for ruptures though. Fancy that.

Edit- they don’t recommend blasters except for abyss it seems.

i dropped idea of using one when i met spider drones and elite NPC frigates. For lv4 missions (i have done many including “harder” ones like Blockade, in Hurricane) you need that extra DPS from ACs to quickly remove incoming damage and tackle on yourself, and you need to go close range anyway to get under the guns.

Still this thread is about Torpedoes so we should return to that. If anything Torpedoes ruin missile line consistency: short range types (rockets, hams) have higher RoF, DPS and application while long range (lml, hml) have the alpha.

Interesting point. But I would never want to lower the Alpha of Torpedoes and increase RoF to be more in line with Rockets & HAMs - therefore in the interest of balance I wouldn’t want the range of torps to be doubled to make them overpowered, only +50%.

Bump…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.