Toxicity and dealing with it

Do me a fraking favor and get the hell over yourself. This was years ago and I was a new alpha player. Have I not pointed this out already? I don’t need your advice. I know.

And what was done to me was extremely pathetic on the part of the aggressors. It might be allowed by the rules but it does not change how disgustingly trashy it was. Just because you can, does not mean you are cool for doing it. In fact, that goes for some of the toxicity this thread is about too.

2 Likes

pathetic or not, legit game play… eve isn’t for you if you think legit game play is pathetic…

So you gank people using multiple alpha accounts? You do realize this is against Eula?

1 Like

Anyone in this forum that starts a reply with these two words is dumb and can safely be ignored.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

its a question

So your brilliant plan to grind ISK for PLEX was to mine in highsec in a Gnosis? Like I said, you problem.

Surely the great irony here is that the ones complaining about toxicity are actually the most toxic people in this thread…

2 Likes

If the toxic player is writing you ingame, make sure you report it to CCP.

As a miner ganker, I get a lot of death threats and general toxicity hurled at me and reporting this players actually helps.

Yeah, look, here is the issue with you.

That was a completely normal game interaction where they blew up your ship because you mined in lowsec where basically everyone shoots everyone. Now if you didn’t knew that, the proper reaction should have been “I learned something, I lost at a round of EVE, this will not happen next time” you grow on it and get better at the game. It’s called learning the game.

Instead, YOU are the one getting toxic and calling those players “pathetic” and “complete trash”. That is not acceptable behavior. This is a computer game and even if we lose and it is sometimes frustrating to lose, don’t blame that on the player who bested you.

You are the griever here sir.

3 Likes

I have to disagree 100%.

The great irony, no, the greatest irony is CCP constantly promoting ‘Friendship’ propaganda while they continuously encourage a toxic environment.

1 Like

I’m not really too sure what exactly has happened here.
I’m not sure what these people get out of it, either.
Now… Would you mind to explain to me… what in the hell is going on? :smiley:
Like… I’m really rude most of the time, when I’m in stress, but generally, have no malice in these actions.
I get that this is a war game. But hey… Shouldn’t we make this place better? So new players can come in, and let the game grow? Or just kill all the newbies all day long, so game actually consists only of oldies?

We should be nice to new players when talking to them and help them understand the game yes.

But it seems to me you also think we should not shoot them?

This is a spaceship shooting game about shooting spaceships. Isolating new players from the actually interesting part of the game, shooting and exploding spaceships will most likely cause more of them to quit as the game is just incredibly boring without it.

In fact I think they are already too far removed from the action and that is the main reason most of them quit. Simply because they are bored as nothing happens.

3 Likes

Topics like this, really prove that EVE isn’t really full of toxic people. The game allows us to be assholes, but when it comes down to it, events like this, is what makes EVE so inviting…

1 Like

Weaponizing a memorial event to push a narrative is pretty toxic, GEO.

2 Likes

Sure they are, it’s just that most of their users don’t mind being tracked, having their personal information put up for sale at no benefit to themselves, and having everything they say logged and monitored.

I think what he’s saying is that being a douchebag about shooting someone up is the problem, not the shooting it self. But that’s just how I read it, I’ve made friends with most of the people who have shot me out of space. There have been exceptions and a few that were quite vile, but they have been rare. I die enough to know that more people kill for the fun of it than to just be a dink.

1 Like

I never really shot anybody down. I enjoy PvP when it comes to it, but when I was preparing to get into lowsec, and hunt somebody… i realized, that it’s not a thing that is soloable by me. Anyway… I thought about shooting as a way of income.
I¨’m having fun even dying, but many new players don’t. I mean… you play for one day, and then you are blown up, just because… you know… it’s possible.
What i think is crucial… is to prepare newbies for death straight on. Many of my friends have quite EVE just because they could not bear the death. Hell, I died 3 times yesterday, and all of them were fun, and my mistakes.
I was talking about the people, that, mostly are active by trash-talking. These players do not encourage people to play. They do the opposite. And that’s what I think should be punished more.
Player’s confidence in it’s journey is also very important, so what I imagined would be cool is Aura explaining the death mechanics after first death.
“In EVE, every ship is manufactured by players. Economy is sustainable by producing, and using ships and modules in wars. If your ship gets blown up, somebody has to make another one. That way the market is stable, and all players have opportunity to grow both financially, and by experience. They also provide you with valuable experience, so you know what to avoid next time. I have placed a shuttle in your hangar. It has mining laser, and turret, so you can make up ISK for a new ship again.”

1 Like

This really depends on what you’re calling trash talk. It’s a broad term that could include many things from rubbing salt in the wound to a good natured ribbing. From humiliating someone to being proud of a kill.

You can block other players so that they cannot talk to you. That is a pretty simple and robust system for ending unwanted communication.

2 Likes

Thanks for the echo, I did not know it worked that way. I’m talking specifically about the “salt miners”.