Tranquility Connectivity Issues Megathread

If the player base ages because I leave the game, you’ve all got to be really, really old.

I’m 59.

And “whining” is generally unreasoned complaining about something with no justification and no solution to offer.

I’ve posted multiple times in multiple places several fairly simple things CCP could have and should have done to lessen the impact on the player base.

1. Autoshutdown fuel consumption for anything owned by players that consumes fuel for the duration of the crisis - easily implemented by adding a multiplier to the fuel cost for everything that can be globally set to 0 (or 0.000001 if a zero value there causes problems). DDoS attacks? Set the multiplier to 0 (or 0.000001) and players aren’t burning fuel during times when they simply can’t play.
  2. Autostop timers. Essentially the same thing - set a tick counter that is added to or subtracted from all in-game timers and add/subtract it as time passes - if there’s a DDoS, that tick counter has an integral value. If not, it’s 0.
  3. Disable PVP globally. If those on are only the lucky few, anyone else they can reach is unfairly compromised by the DDoS. This would be little trickier to do, but adding a contingent “invulnerable” flag to every ship and structure in the game would probably do it. DDoS happening? Flag is true. DDoS not happening. Flag is false.
  4. Freeze Omega account aging as soon as a DDoS is detected. Simply stop burning time on Omega accounts - that will work for both “paid for with isk earned in game” and “paid for with cash” and will work no matter how many Omega accounts a player has.

This ain’t rocket science (or mechanical engineering or Triglavian engineering). It’s contingency planning and from what I’ve seen, CCP has utterly failed at this.

5 Likes