Tranquility Connectivity Issues Megathread

:+1: :+1: :crossed_fingers:

Chat being down is an example of what WH space everywhere would look like.

Itā€™s worse than that because even IN WH space, I canā€™t communicate with my corp/alliance mates and getting hit by outsiders with no way to yell for help is a very, very bad thing.

For the record, I wasnā€™t posting about DDOS management - I was posting about gratuitous and non-constructive criticism. I know a lot about that.

Regards.

3 Likes

If we all left Eve wouldnā€™t have a paying player base and you would be screwed. If you include yourself in the discussion then Maturity and IQ are mutually Exclusive.

Connecting from western Ohio, USA is currently impossible. As of yesterday evening, I cannot even run the client as the SSO server is apparently unreachable. Yesterday afternoon I was able to login after a half-dozen attempts or so, though chat was unreliable and market/industry interfaces were extremely laggy.

Every traceroute of login.eveonline.com currently drops at siteprotect.security.neustarā€¦I imagine I donā€™t have to tell you that you need to take a hard look at what exactly neustar is doing to mitigate this attack and possibly contract with another provider whose solution wonā€™t cause such collateral damage (if that is in fact what is happening).

1 Like

If all the morons left Eve there wouldnā€™t be a paying player base? Always been 20k+ in evenings since I started 2005. Plus, alphas donā€™t payā€¦and fortunately the stupid are in the minority from my experience.

Do you think they would do better managing EVE? Whoever is doing this has some skill, financing and a whole bunch of hate.

CCP opened the box, someone just took it to a logical extreme.

Whats really sad is that I can see everyone docked in Jita just fine.

But my Three Alts DO PAY.

Still having this same problem. After the few tries over the past hour I can not even get the Launcher to connect.

I sugest you do like me, fly solo. then you will never need to cvall for help

Only 3?

All mine pay, and have done for 15 yearsā€¦I fail to see your point? Are you putting yourself in the ā€˜moronā€™ category, thus implying CCP will be shaking in their boots when you leave with your 3 alts as they will face financial ruin? Basically, you have so far been unable to play a game, it has cost you less than a cup of coffee in lost subs, and you probably have engaged with the real world a little moreā€¦

1 Like

If the player base ages because I leave the game, youā€™ve all got to be really, really old.

Iā€™m 59.

And ā€œwhiningā€ is generally unreasoned complaining about something with no justification and no solution to offer.

Iā€™ve posted multiple times in multiple places several fairly simple things CCP could have and should have done to lessen the impact on the player base.

1. Autoshutdown fuel consumption for anything owned by players that consumes fuel for the duration of the crisis - easily implemented by adding a multiplier to the fuel cost for everything that can be globally set to 0 (or 0.000001 if a zero value there causes problems). DDoS attacks? Set the multiplier to 0 (or 0.000001) and players arenā€™t burning fuel during times when they simply canā€™t play.
  2. Autostop timers. Essentially the same thing - set a tick counter that is added to or subtracted from all in-game timers and add/subtract it as time passes - if thereā€™s a DDoS, that tick counter has an integral value. If not, itā€™s 0.
  3. Disable PVP globally. If those on are only the lucky few, anyone else they can reach is unfairly compromised by the DDoS. This would be little trickier to do, but adding a contingent ā€œinvulnerableā€ flag to every ship and structure in the game would probably do it. DDoS happening? Flag is true. DDoS not happening. Flag is false.
  4. Freeze Omega account aging as soon as a DDoS is detected. Simply stop burning time on Omega accounts - that will work for both ā€œpaid for with isk earned in gameā€ and ā€œpaid for with cashā€ and will work no matter how many Omega accounts a player has.

This ainā€™t rocket science (or mechanical engineering or Triglavian engineering). Itā€™s contingency planning and from what Iā€™ve seen, CCP has utterly failed at this.

5 Likes

so, being as the connection issues are causing a lot of us game time and making the game nearly impossible to play, I feel like we should get a free month of omega. we pay for it and canā€™t even really use it because of this. Iā€™m not saying itā€™s CCPā€™s fault, but it isnā€™t ours either and if we canā€™t get the service we pay for then a refund/free month should be given

Iā€™m just curious what the compensation will be for this. Pilots are losing out on the skill points that were available for the ā€˜skillingā€™ event. Pilots also paid money for this monthā€™s subscription. Will there be some sort of reimbursement for one month of game play and X number of skill points given to those who couldnā€™t even log in? I, myself, have not been able to log in for 4-5 days now.

2 Likes

But what have you seen? Nothing. Because youā€™re not there. Also, if you had the answers to problems like these not only would these things not happen but you would not be here as you would be incredibly rich and therefore retired long ago. Instead, you are pretending to know how to do what they canā€™t. Why?

Also, if you knew even half as much as you pretend to you would know how stupid those suggestions of yours are.

1 Like

We are about same age. Disable PvP? Wtf are you smoking- what would peeps do in Eve (some of us can get on fine). Thatā€™ll piss off the player base entirely and then youā€™ll see the stampede for the door. Stopping timers- also bad idea, as some alliances and corps work hard to make timers start via PVP of structures. Refueling- JUST DONā€™T HAVE ONE MEMBER DO IT- LEARN ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  ACCESS CONTROLS!

1 Like

@Kezrai Charzai , Please sit down, youā€™re drunk. But we still love youā€¦

CCP is one of the most successful gaming platforms in the last 17 years.

1 Like

So have mine, no, but I object to you referring to people who are experiencing real problems as ā€œMoronā€, not all of us are Troglodytes, who come up for air once every 6 months, most of us have a real life, job, friends and family, The reason 90 percent of players play Eve is it is supposed to be a Game, and fun, not a business as you seem to regard it. If they canā€™t get what they paid for they , and I, have every right to complain. Some Countries, my own Australia included, enshrine that right in Consumer Law.

Communication with your customers was long overdue. Nevertheless, thank you CCP for keeping us informed; itā€™s very much appreciated. Los Angeles California, seems to be working with little problems.
-Unable to connect at first attempt happens sometimes, ongoing.
-Loss of local chat was very prevalent on Feb 1.
-Local chat does not always display everyone is the star system, Feb 2.

I know you are doing the best you can, keep up the good work. I have seen other games do far worse.