Tranquility Connectivity Issues Megathread

Think we will find that our once its all resolved I would imagine. One would think they would work out the things they will offer to OMEGA players once they know how much time it has gone on for the longer it goes on the bigger the compensation I would think. Alas to say one just has to sit back and wait.

Can’t help but think about structures not getting refueled in a timely manner, and the ensuing chaos/damage…

After doing a file verify and restarting the client. I was able to login. Chat is semi functional, lacks the player status symbols: Neut, corp, etc. At undocking I am getting an extended BSoF. Game slow to respond to mouse commands. So far general functionality is decent. Was not able to clear cache to allow for a nice fresh start. Will continue testing

Being unable to even c/p properly kind of precludes you from trying to tell other people how to do their job…

Again, why undocking such ships when you know there is instability etc. Morons- deserve to die by the NPC fire. I hope someone came and looted all as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

God look at google getting attacked they were prepared and they still got slammed. What chance does a little company like CCP stand against such an attack. Every time gaming companies get hit by DDOS its the same thing people bitching at them they were not prepared. Nothing and I mean nothing can prepare you for a sustained DDOS attack. Yes maybe its taking longer to get back up and running but for god sake let em just crack on with it and do the best they can.

I have 3 Alts online, 2 have Local, with different numbers of online Players, one says Can’t Connect to Chat Server, live.chat.eveonline.com 5222. A test of Channel 5222 shows it is open and can send to, and receive from, live.chat.eveonline.com

Never stopped you apparently.

I second that. I don’t know anything about the complexities of DDOS response, but some of the criticism (even if it’s correct) seems less than productive…

1 Like

You only post to respond to me now but you have to move on. I will never love you. I will never even meet you. Whatever you dream of happening between us will never come to be.

I don’t want you even more hurt and bitter about how life has treated you than you already are but I think it is best to make this clear before you invest too many of your weird dreams in this.

I will never love you. Move on.

1 Like

Took me 3 days fighting to even login to the forums, Still can not get into account management VIA browser… As for the Game Client, Totally wrecked…

It’s OK - I still love you :two_hearts:

1 Like
  • No, it’s not CCP’s fault that they’ve been DDoS’d.
  • Yes, it’s CCP’s fault that their systems are this vulnerable.
  • Yes, it’s CCP’s fault that they don’t have a ready response to this (shut down station fuel use, shut down PVP, shut down Omega account timers, freeze event timers) when it happens.
  • Yes, it’s CCP’s fault that they waited this long to provide any meaningful explanation of what’s happening.
  • Yes, it’s CCP’s fault that they relied on the same in-house expertise that build their (very vulnerable) network to deal with this attack for quite a while.
  • Yes, it’s CCP’s fault that they don’t have the hardware redundancy and expertise either in-house or hired as consultant to deal with these attacks.
  • Yes, it’s CCP’s fault that they use the same credentials and validation system to access support tickets that they use for the game making it impossible to open a ticket at all while this is going on.
  • Yes, it’s CCP’s fault that they have been incredibly vague about any potential reimbursement to their customers for the real-world and in-game financial impact of this (to be fair, early on they said they’d consider replacing lost ships - but ships are the tip of the iceberg, especially for players who aren’t primarily combat focused in their play).
  • No, it’s not the player-base’s responsibility to simply sit and see their paid-for game time made useless and their in-game assets depleted/destroyed without compensation. Of all the actors in this, CCP, the DDoSers, and the player-base, the player-base is the ONLY one that isn’t at fault.

CCP needs to announce what plan they have, other than logging into their ticket system (which is equally unavailable), for reimbursing game-time cost, resource expenditure, and opportunity cost losses - fully - with no “Oh, we’ll let the Dev’s sort it out” nonsense.

Transparency would go a long way to building back the trust you’ve pissed away in the past few weeks.

8 Likes

Wishful thinking mate, but I was arguing with someone else just about an hour ago. Turns out that he was a decent guy and we were able to agree to disagree.

You, on the other hand, are just a meme level lonely troll. I imagine the only reason you have not been banned is because CCP has some secret Don’t Anger the Incels policy.

You’d never believe them- whatever they said, they are screwed. Always whiners, always has been. They were still in diapers when I started playing…once they finish puberty, they might see sense…but I’m doubtful.

If you all left, the general IQ and maturity of the player base would improve and we’d all be much happier :slight_smile:

Erm, has any one else got this?

My client seems a bit buggy - it’s inserting the word “GAY” on the wrecks.

I daren’t go to the contested celestial site :-S

Yeah this seems more like an update gone wrong than a DDOS attack to me and it seems as though the issue lies with a third party. Regardless of fault, there is no point in bashing CCP as that’s not going to get us anywhere. That said, we are paying CCP and so they are ultimately responsible. People just have to be patient but at the same time, CCP should definitely compensate it’s player base in some way once this is all resolved. Just something small like adding a few extra days of Omega to our accounts would suffice.

I have not had local chat or any other chat functioning properly. I have been flying in high sec to insure I don’t get shot out of the sky but have been getting escalatiokns in low sec and can’t take them as I am flying blind for all intents and purposes. Please fix chat.

Well put. I agree fully.

Welcome to the post-fact reality where “I don’t know a thing about this topic, but my opinion matters” is the rule of the day.

No one suffers a week-long DDoS attack unless they’re completely unprepared for it and completely clueless as to how to get experts in to solve the problem (or simply refuse to pay for those experts).

30+ years in IT including at several national and international businesses that have been victims of DDoS attacks and I’ve never seen one take more than 12 hours to mitigate.

Do yourself a favor. The next time you’re tempted to write a post that includes the phrase “I don’t know anything about…” consider exercising some self-control and not doing so.

4 Likes