Tranquility Connectivity Issues Megathread

Uh, don’t you think that by posting on the forums using your character name that someone might be able to track posts made with the same name on other websites even those you are using a VPN?

just saying.

Still have connection problems.
I always connect at my third try.
The same if I pay from my laptop or my desktop.
I cleared eve cache but the problem is the same.

Tracert is good for a locally controlled network, its pointless to run over the Wide Web as a lot of systems will not respond to the packet request, this is for security of that system. No one wants to see DNS floods again or anything of the sort from beyond your first end point.

Sadly with DDoS, you have to sit out the tide and wait as each network engineer tries to come up with a solution that doesn’t cause more issues or major changes, this is a long process, my best wishes are with the engineers from here on out.

Appreciate the update thread, Dopamine.

Assuming the CEO and CTO have been made aware of the problem, they should be taking this very seriously. Online services must be reliable to keep people coming back. This kind of problem is a revenue killer. If there are any extreme ideas to fix it, now is the time.

2 Likes

that popup asks if you want to retry . you answer yes , it retries , fails again , gives popup again .
try answering no … :relaxed:

1 Like

you can get to the popup? :slight_smile: I can’t even get past the launcher at this point most of the time :slight_smile:

Fancy words won’t make you seem like any less of a cheapskate. £2.5 you’re crying and having an outrage over. The equivalent to a cup of coffee lmao!

I think it’s about time for some free Omega Time

You have to wonder what kind of low self esteem, pathetic and megalomaniac individual would think it’s a fun idea to DDOS game servers, for weeks on end.

2 Likes

At this point free omega time doesnt even cover it lmao. Thats their answer to everything… Here free omega… here free skill points lmao

I get it, But you have to also take into account that"officially" this is not their doing. But even though they “may” not be the holders of the blame, they should still make it right with their customers. and giving out 7+ days of Free Omega Time is a start.

1 Like

You guys should work with cloudflare. they have been really successful mitigating DDoS.

1 Like

At this point you have to wonder the capabilities of CCP. I have never played a mmo that has had issues such as this and im sure the other way bigger mmos are targeted by ddos just as much. Therefore if they cant keep a quality product for their customers… that is their fault…

don’t get me wrong, i have little love for CCP in the past 2+ years. But I also think that the other MMO’s don’t have it this bad as they usually have more than one server. We only have the one

forget the omega time…special edition limited run ammo! 10 rounds of super elite ultra Concord ammo!

at least you didn’t say skins

They have to build a memorial in Jita

1 Like

You are partially correct but with IPv6 ICMP has to be allowed so there are people behind the times and people that accept ICMP as a necessary “Evil”.

Obviously L3VPNs won’t need ICMP tho and anything that uses virtualized route tables.

Anyway, traceroute can be used in this scenario to isolate and correlate transit paths to Neustar and AWS to determine if problems are localization issues or transit issues on the network. That being said ICMP only works till Neustars Edge so thatll have to be good enough.

On the plus side if this does kill EVE do to so many ppl unsubscribing or just CCP can never fix the servers then its kinda a win… i will never have a reason to want to come back again lmao

been playing since 05 off and on m8, goodluck if you can leave. this game is worst than heroin for me

2 Likes