Tranquility Connectivity Issues Megathread

Romania, Sibiu 3rd day of stable gameplay, last 2 days I only had to login 2-3times to get chat working, today the chat reconnecting window popped , I clicked reconnect and it worked right away, usually it wouldn’t work at all .
Great job ,whatever u did ,feels like normal gameplay again.

Still having chat issues here :frowning:

fix it pls… :japanese_ogre:

Why are VPNs banned in Turkey and Dubai?

not that this is the place for politics, but 1 that link no where says ok boomer, and 2 how can one discriminate againsnt a person in equal opportunity situation in an argument online? you arent applying for a job nor are you being threatened. being an “ageist” outside of a work place is just like being a bigot calling someone fat, or any insult on appearance. and thus no rights are violated.

Did they reimburse your ship AND fittings?

Without dwelling into too much politics, the VPN ban is part of Erdogan’s population control matters, or something like that.

i’m waitinh, 7 days and no one answer! i hope reimburse…

I’ve had reimbursement tickets open for days and not even an acknowlegement that they exist.

Yes! Same here i would love a confirmation Email that CCP simply got it. Ive been checking my Email associated with my steam literally everyday. But nope nothing maybe that’s down too but who knows? Well at least they are taking care of tickets.

Logged in fine in Toronto, Canada. The game actually seems have faster response than it has in a long time. Fingers crossed its sustains.

Hello from Turkey, today I was able to login without using a VPN. The game seems to be fine, no lags, chat issues, or disconnect.

1 Like

“From Turkey”
I was able to log-in without using a VPN today. Chat connection was fine when I logged in then I lost and reconnected to the chat server. I undocked for the “Killing Spree”. I disconnected from the server while in warp to an Asteroid belt. When I logged in back I found my self in a pod.
Best Regards o7

Yes connection problem has been fixed but chat issue is still going on…

Today I was able to log in and I am from Turkey. However, the chat required clicking “accept” the pop-up error message several times before I could join the chat. When I logged out of EVE and logged back in, everything worked fine.

1 Like

Two logons yesterday. No problems. Had to retry to link to chat both times but worked first time. Three logons this morning. No issues including connected to chat with no issues.

Turkey has made entry into the game. It seems like no problem.

1 Like

Why shut down the servers? I can log in fine. No need to punish us for being able to play.

I’m so happy to be able to see the new splash screen before the eve launcher opens… Thanks for making Eve good looking… Now please get back to making the game work.

2 Likes

Lag issues in South Africa may be related to the undersea cables still under repair. This is impacting international bandwidth from SA to Europe. These cables were damaged by undersea earthquakes.

The work is being done by crews aboard the Leon Thevenin, which left Cape Town on January 24 to fix the South Atlantic 3/West Africa Submarine Cable (SAT3/WASC) and the West African Cable System (WACS). ISPs least affected are Vodacom and MTN, but even they have some lag. Some ISPs are badly impacted - no connectivity at all (Afrihost had agreements for bandwidth on these 2 cables).

So check with your ISP on how this has impacted them, do speedtests. Lag may not be EVE related.

More info here: https://www.businessinsider.co.za/south-africas-slow-internet-first-broken-cables-could-be-fixed-two-days-ahead-of-schedule-2020-2