Tranquility, Serenity and Singularity – An Update

With the Acquisition of CCP by PA, the decline appears to have started. RIP.

golfclap

Why don’t we just all move over too the Chinese server so we can fly all in the same space again?

So does that mean CCP will monitor the monetization for serenity and put together a slightly different pay to win model to sneak into TQ in a update labeling it as another great feature for capsuleers to take advantage of? Or will it just be snuck into the game like a ninja? either way Pay to Win is coming to Tranquility Be Ready…

4 Likes

I think that makes a salt.
Been a long while since HS chemistry, though.

–Not-so-salty Gadget

So… effectively there is Anglo-Singularity and Sino-Singularity?

–Curious Gadget

(Edit: wrong S-names)

1 Like

I was asking what specifically is changed in the EVE client according to chinese law? What is broad about that and how is it loaded - I assume you mean with some unspoken intent? Well, I’d just like to know, now that it has been mentioned and I’m not suspecting anything negative or positive, but of course I’m curious about brothers and sisters on Serenity and in what way laws may be different between Iceland and China regarding software. No offense meant here.

p.s. your remark of my question being “loaded” make it sound as if there is only the possibility of some super negative reason for the different client, you know? I certainly don’t think that black and white.

1 Like

i smell the fishiness. sniffs yup, definitely fishy. This sounds like its gonna get complicated in a hurry. I’m just waiting and watching.

1 Like

This is what Pearl Abyss was after, then: The Chinese market.

But you can’t keep running that on old updates so the only way to ensure that Serenity would get the updates it needs and deserves is to buy the whole of CCP.

1 Like

Real Talk: Can we get some of those sick Chinese New Year SKINS? The red stripe and blakc/metallic ones are as good or better then the skins on Tranq (sorry art team - ).

2 Likes

CCP, i got a question, why does the battleships for example Apocalypse have an chinese variant

where is my popcorn this is going to be a good watch /me pokes the trolls

Is it just me? I’m confused… We are being told that some of the Content on the test server will be only for the Chinese market , yet they will not be logging into out test server but will have a separate server?

If So then Why is their content on the server?

Personally i would love to see them on the server, fights galore, much fun will be had by all (the downside is that everyone logged in would be on the test server for these fights. Lol.

I could even see people playing Eve who now don’t just for that content (That is a Hint CCP)

1 Like

Monetization…

And so it begins

Think your verb tense might be a bit off.

–Helpful Gadget

1 Like

In other words: Whatever spyware and means of access the Chinese government requires for their Great Firewall, social media censorship, and social scoring - full access to all communications within and between clients - CCP will put the exploit onto everybodies personal computers, but only allow remote access for the Chinese clients…

What could possibly go wrong?

6 Likes

Clever way to get a frew people in tq to say they want x-monetization on tq and use that to justify implementing them.

Well ccp stopped caring about the end user years ago did you think it would be better after pearl? Just look at how customer support is handled now

Like a GoFundMe for SKINs:
We need at least 1000 backers and then we are going to release that item for TQ!

More like when people get upset that they are putting skins in gacha or start pushing limited time cosmetics and we get upset they can point to a forum thread or two and say “you guys have been asking for this”

Or
Serenity gets weeb skin x why can’t we get it