Triglavian Advertising

So this would mean that the Triglavians were technologically and/or militarily inferior to the Drifters at one point. To the point that they would lose a war to their “ancient enemy”.
Fair point.
They seem to be far more evenly matched right now - in fact, I’d say they even have the upper hand, given what little we’ve seen of the conflict between the two.
There are also the various deciphered logs that indicate Triglavians actively develop new technology.
Theory: Drifters, in their transhuman “wisdom”, are creatively sterile. Rogue, vaguely human-shaped constructs acting on old programming. Triglavians are still human in the mind at least, if not necessarily body.

I think they might just be taking the “speaker for the three main Clades” part a little too literally.

4 Likes

That’s my thought as well - given that the CTOS seems to be a middleman council of the clades, Zorya could be some sort of emissary trio. That’d also explain some of the dissonance in their speech, especially in the Deviant Automata bit (given the major disagreements on what to do with them between Svarog and Veles Clades).

5 Likes

Why is that necessarily one mask? Can you tell the difference between three of them in different shots?

1 Like

Maybe, but, the Triglavians shrug off death so easily that I’ve wondered for a while whether they might not have some really interesting approaches to life and death. Which implies some other interesting possibilities, too.

Have you noticed their ships basically just don’t have windows?

2 Likes

Yes, but so far what we’ve seen of their fleet is exclusively military in purpose.
Perhaps they’ve reasoned that windows are a structural weakness, no matter how small. Not that far-fetched an assumption, given the hostile environment they inhabit.

1 Like

Well, they do disapprove (a lot) of “hivelinking,” so, they’re probably not Nation-like.

Anyway, it’d be really neat to get to meet them. … Though I suppose by their standards I have, dozens of times.

1 Like

From any indications, they seem to be simply people - at the very least, there’s no sign of any sort of virtuality (like the Sleepers or Drifters) or subjugated consciousness (like Nation) in any of their peoples’ doings or their datastream records, and they obviously abhor both the new Tyrants and Sansha.

4 Likes

Well, yes. Definitely not Nation-like, just efficiency-minded, I suppose. Caldari-style. Function first, form is a pleasant, but decidedly secondary afterthought.
They obviously haven’t lost their grasp on the concept of aesthetics. Someone had to add those scare chords at the end of their message. Not to mention that the message itself certainly has a fairly memorable visual style. They could’ve just thrown a spreadsheet at us otherwise.

5 Likes

The only strangeness thus far lies with the “Navka” designator - the Deviant Automata are a huge matter of contention between Veles and Svarog, with Perun having yet to make a decision and break the stalemate on the Drones’ designation - Soborost or Poshlost. The Navka bloodline and the Navka swarm are obviously related.

On a lighter note, the Trigs obviously have a penchant for ominous flair and a distinct aesthetic & pride - even the old Directorate Jove, who were regarded as emotionless, had a strong identity and will. It’s fascinating to see and wonder the reasons for the visual and stylistic expressions of these factions with roots so deep in humanity’s past.

2 Likes

Well, I think we can now safely assume that the Triglavians aren’t having the time of their lives living in the Abyss. Or at least weren’t, long enough for this identity to solidify.

3 Likes

It may be that they normally communicate at some kind of infomorphic level, perhaps that is what the cladeflow refers to in part. Using a committee of 3 to decide policies can be very effective, they may have taken it too far but I can see a kind of 3 way comms developing. Where they use this kind of overlap to discuss things between themselves, in a Troika, until they all speak with one voice. It fits with the other info we have gleaned.

1 Like

First comes communication then hopefully diplomacy and trade later. This is good as far as I’m concerned.

3 Likes

So, they’ve said that “human augmented narodyna” must “prove the direction of their flow”.

Which sounds a bit like, they are unsure if capsuleers are friend or foe, in their wars against Nation and the Drifters.

Which makes you wonder… the prisoners aboard the ship that @Oveg_Drust captured, their treatment will decide if CONCORD is considered a friend or foe.

Oveg, are you screwing this up ?

3 Likes

Actually I think you’ve made the wrong conclusion: If the Triglavians have managed to infiltrate ALL of our data networks, they should be well aware most people this side of the Abyss detest Sansha, Drifters just as much as they do - maybe for different reasons than they, but the enemy of my enemy is my temporary ally at least.

So what point realistically do these “provings” serve? Are they tracking each and every individual capsuleer that enters the thunderdomes and nod approvingly, or what?

4 Likes

It seems those abominations see sanshas as corrupted. They also talk like…priests. It is clear we face opposing and no doubt false religion.

Talking of reaching the wrong conclusion…

4 Likes

You do not need to hit all the data networks to hijack the ad feed, for crying out loud, stop the panicking.

Them communicating is good, them issuing… bit of an ultimatum there - ain’t. It would certainly help if they ceased to be cryptic, judging and, for once, explained things.

That would make a really, really, really nice distinction from the overly cryptic and judging CONCORD that says bugger all. Let them make their case against the Drifters and the Nation. In all cases of enemies (or things to be considered enemies by them), we see them going against interlinked minds.

Drifters have been speculated to be multiple instances of the same mind in some cases. The Nation is unified on the mind-frond and has been for quite a while. Drones are Drones, it’s a hive.

Is their cause a philosophical one? Or is it simply that the Drifters and the Nation fought them or their ancestors, and are seen as ancestral enemies with nobody actually remembering the reason they must be shot dead?

Or is it simply a war for survival, the Vigilant Tyrannos have invaded the Abyss and are thus seen as enemies.

I have little doubt that a ton of eggers will jump at the occasion to raise the colours of Triglav and declare some damn jihad against the Tyrants or Nation. I hope there’s enough of us with brains still intact to figure out what’s going on before too many shots are fired.

5 Likes

I bet when they’re not making videos to be all ominous at us, they actually hang around in t-shirts and old, comfortably ratty jeans, relaxing on bean-bags with a brew and a smoke, snickering about how well they’ve played us.

3 Likes

Alizabeth’s never needed the Trigs’ support for that, Trii.

Maybe from their perspective, hive minds like the Sansha represent a proto-drifter state. The Tyrannos are clearly the ‘ancient enemy’, and they might consider them an existential threat. If so, ‘detesting’ the Sansha and Drifters may not be sufficient for them. They may be staring at the empires thinking ‘are you people mad? Just sitting there saying you don’t like something doesn’t defend against it. Get off your butts and do something about them or you’re all dead.’

In which case… yeah. They might well be tracking each and every individual capsuleer. It can’t be that hard. After all, we do it.

4 Likes

Well, here’s a start, Ms. Seo.

In the data fragments we’ve recovered, the Triglavians do seem to regard “Azdaja” as an ancient threat to be expelled from the Abyss. It’s now pretty much confirmed that “Azdaja” is the Drifters. From context, it seems pretty likely that the Drifters are the reason the Triglavians live in the Abyss to begin with: it’s not exactly friendly to Drifter systems. But apparently it’s important enough for them to attack this “Flow of Viraj” that they’re charging in anyway.

If I remember, when they first encountered that CONCORD scout cruiser, they checked to see if it was “hivelinked,” found that it wasn’t, then invoked cladistic proving (the same thing they’ve invoked on us). When they encountered ships that were hivelinked, and actually had one of their own ships boarded and taken, they actually went as far as to contact the “Navka” (Overminds) to destroy the ship, I suppose to avoid letting the infection spread. I think it’s not so much Sansha’s Nation they object to as the technology/state of being we just see as synonymous with Nation: “hivelinking.” Maybe Kuvakei isn’t the first to have had that idea.

Between them, we have an ancient and apparently mortal enemy and a “corrupted” civilization whose “corruption” can spread aggressively-- and which the Triglavians aren’t immune to.

Seems like pretty clear reasons to me?

Asking the rogue drones to conform or be extirpated strikes me as kind of the equivalent of Caldari immigration policy: “Look, if you’re going to be here, you need to be Caldari. No, we don’t care where you’re from (unless it’s the Khanid Kingdom? It is? Okay, fine, you can keep your house altar).” On the one hand the Caldari are tolerant of “client” communities of basically other nations living separately within the State; the Triglavians don’t seem to be offering such a thing. On the other, I can’t really see the Caldari telling the rogue drones, “All right, as long as you behave yourselves and adopt our ways, you can stay.” It’s kind of remarkable that the Triglavians are that comfortable with rogue AI (even if there seems to be some debate about it).

I’m a little impressed.

1 Like