Triglavian Advertising

If Ancient Domains refers to Anoikis then Triglav could be Talocan in origin even.

You are my hero for taking the time to post that.

Seems like the Scope finally got around to reporting on the billboards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Mj8g4k2Gs

should point out all this contact was kicked off by them finding us, whether or not they wanted to get caught.

Or perhaps the other way around - this conflict found the Collective or its predecessors put into a can for a few centuries, maybe even a millenium or two. Now they’re back out of the box and fancy a rematch.

I don’t really see many links between the VT and Nation, barring, I guess, both bouncing about in Wormholes. Maybe the Triglavian Collective wants their ancient space back?

2 Likes

Notably, the deserted battlefields we find in shattered wormhole systems suggests that the Drifters and Nation have fought previously.

3 Likes

There’s a fair bit of that in Thera too around the epicenter.

I think this finally provides us better insight as to what’s going on. It reaffirms some of what we already know, but between the lines there is some information there I believe.

?

Didn’t our first hint come from a bunch of video snippets recovered from damaged Drifter fleets?

And I’m not sure that Triglavian ship Orveg Drust captured counts as them “finding” us. It might have sort of bobbed to the surface, but the thing was basically on fire. It looked to me less like them figuring out how to get back here and more like them losing a ship, which maybe found its way back.

Their data might get out, but so far the Triglavians never seem to.

2 Likes

Never really spent much time in the abyss. But after seeing the message, and doing a little research on what little we know… I’m hooked and want to learn more. Guess it’s time to do some diving and see what I can find.
I’ll report back if I stumble across anything new.

1 Like

Intruders seek to corrupt the Flow of Vyraj and the Domain of Triglav.

I believe they are saying “Domain of Bujan”.

That is apparently (as far as I know) a mythical island full of powerful artifacts and/or a part of the underworld.

5 Likes

The Abyss does have a kind of “nether reaches of Creation” feel about it. Maybe they just got resigned to being residents of an underworld?

1 Like

That would fit very nicely. Maybe Bujan refers to the Abyss.

I really kind of assumed that actually.

Often, in the Abyss, we can see the lights of distant singularity power sources past the borders of our stable pockets, often in dense clusters. They’re likely just resource extractors, the same as the Triglavians make available for us to raid at the cost of time and attention, but sometimes there are so many, clustered together in dense formations.

It’s pretty clear that surviving outside the pockets is somehow possible. Whether that’s something that shifts with time or requires special shielding that only some ships possess or whatever, it seems likely that the rest of their civilization’s out there, too, and that what we’re wandering into is … I’m not sure exactly. Like, a combination military testing ground, battlefield, and arena, maybe.

3 Likes

The difference between the three has always been ‘how many spectators are there, and who are they?’

Also body count. Testing grounds and arenas can be pretty bloodless. Military weapon testing and Splinterz matches even get pretty violent, but usually nobody dies*. Unless “battlefield” is being used metaphorically, those tend to involve a lot of dying.

*Bloodthirsty witticism about using POW’s or other prisoners in weapons testing incoming in 3, 2, 1. . . .

1 Like

I get the impression the Abyss is a place to harvest resources. That is what we see, it’s like a lava planet or somewhere. You wouldn’t want to live there, but it is the only source of materials to drive your civilization.

Pilot Naraunt, you are likely correct.

You’re assuming they have somewhere else to go, sir. A lot of the way they approach things seems to suggest that they don’t.

(The Caldari can be a little harsh, but compared to the Collective?)

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering about this Triglavian “Unity in Three” for some time, and this video gives us one interesting new piece of information. One of those voices is clearly male, one is clearly female, and the last one is what? Synthetic? What do we even know of Triglavian gender or social organization?

1 Like