Triglavian belt rats are too hard to kill

I think they spawn in all systems, regardless of incursion status.

Of course CCP is not telling us outright.

My understanding is they come from Emerging Conduits, and since not many people are doing those most systems have them. In Mimi space you could jump 4 or 5 times and not find a system without.

EDIT: Just for everyones info, they travel in 3s and can take a tanked hulk to 50% shields in the opening salvo.

1 Like

That was going to be my next question.

If thatā€™s the case I really think it makes sense to take Emerging Conduits out of new player systems and career agent systems.

The problem is new players travel almost right away, they donā€™t stay in those systems. In fact they are advised to ā€œfind a nice quite systemā€.

Maybe make the Trigs ignore T1 barges?

Or make roaming Trigs spawn only in a vicinity of invasion systems. Letā€™s say only 6 jumps away maximum.

2 Likes

Yes, putting them in every system was a mistake.

2 Likes

Train reading comprehension to 1 please. I said semi-AFK not AFK.

Hahahahaā€¦considering your comprehension fail.

It is not uncommon for there to be 5 trigs in a group in a belt. It is common for there to be 4 in a belt.

There is one issue I can think ofā€¦ T1 barges except for Procurer can be easily ganked. You pretty much have to mine in a Skiff in order to not be ganked and even those arenā€™t safe with a large fleet of gankers.

As I said in my initial post, I could not kill 5 of them with a skiff and I have tanking and drone skills maxed.

If you have an orca in the fleet y can easily defeat them. Put a shield report on the orca to rep your barges

deleted

By the way who ever said any npc could be soloed by a mining barge or an exhumer ? in nullsec you canā€™t at all afford staying in front of a capital npc without losing your orca, even with a solo carrier itā€™s difficult. Eve is an MMO, get friends, join a corp , then organize yourselves to counter in groups npc you canā€™t solo. simple as that

You can kill a group of 4 Triglavian belt scouts in a properly tanked Skiff. So if you mine in 2 Skiffs, you shouldnā€™t have to move belts when they show up. I killed a group of 4 in a single Skiff with 40% shield still remaining, so 2 Skiffs should be more than enough to deal with them, or a Skiff and an Orca.

They are in most systems now regardless of triglavian invasion or not.

Emerging conduits in systems that arenā€™t being invaded will just continue to respawn. The rats will never leave or stop showing up in systems that have this anomaly in it. And they are in most systems now.

1 Like

I really love the way CCP is scared for the lack of players, YET it continually throws more and more roadblocks and difficulty into the paths of anybody starting out in the game.

The game is in a death spiral (look at online averages) because it is too boring for anyone but the more power players to actually have any fun in the game.

And, of course, every crisis is met with CCP layering more and more PVP risk and danger onto the very areas that should be simple to operate in. All because the actual players are smarter than the programmers.

There is no longer any entertainment value in Eve, just nasty King of the Hill bullying and self-destructive complication. Fire 2/3rds of the programmers, strip away ā€˜botter proofingā€™ and see if people return when things get simpler and fun again.

2 Likes

They arenā€™t that hard to kill. I can easily kill a squad of 4 Trigs in a single Skiff and not lose a single drone. If you have more than one Skiff mining, or more than one Procurer mining, or an Orca, they can easily be wiped out with combat drones. Take out the neut first, then the remote repper, then the rest. I do it multiple times, every single day.

Iā€™m sure the bulk of the whiners about Trig patrols are those who can no longer 100% AFK mine in safetyā€¦

1 Like

But the problem is that they will demolish a single Venture, or even a small group of them. And they roam around the starter systems. Thatā€™s not a good experience for new players at all. They at least need to be toned down in the new player and carer agent systems.

1 Like

The Triglavian and Diamond rats in high-sec are a problem for people like me that want to relax, run an Orca and boost newbs in Ventures and barges that donā€™t want to run away every 15 minutes. 3 Tri frigs can pop a newb in a venture before he can warp out.
Itā€™s not great for recruiting, not to mention player retention.

2 Likes

I disagree. Iā€™ve never AFKd. I have an alt corp in high-sec and I like to play there to relax form the perma-campers in null. Itā€™s bad enough with the Diamond rats, but now add the Trigs you can no longer sit back, relax, boost, change rocks, look out for regular ol gankers and have a nice day. :frowning:
And yes, if I wanted to rat, Iā€™d go ratting.

2 Likes