Triglavian Fleet Destroying Pods and Ships in High Sec - November 2020

sorry for your loss , but … trigs don’t insta-lock . they use scan res like any other ship , you can check them out here : http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/inventory.php?group_id=4028
if you look through the kills , the vast majority are slow-warping ships like your tayra , or ships inbound on auto-pilot , indicated by death <12 km from the gate .
the only adaption needed is fit for faster warp and not auto-pilot …

Well, traders are not needed in this game. The only pvp. Not only we are suffering from suicide, so now even the NPCs. сср continue to kill the game, soon there will only be pvp, and ships can be sold in the shop for real money.

2 Likes

Yes Yes we will trade flying on fast ships because trucks are no longer needed in this game. Or maybe the сср will admit its mistake and remove its not thought out and raw content from the high sec? Stop killing the game, the crabs will go away and pvp will disappear.

2 Likes

If you’re goingt to Pochven, don’t forget to bring scan probes. I’ve been sitting in a system for a whole day without seeing a single rogue drone and only a few sleepers. With probes you’ll be able to move into the wormholes nearby and look for rogue drones there.

I agree with you ports,

Going through HiSec and being insta scrammed by Trig NPC is not fair on any player
I have not hurt one Triglavian nor do I plan to but they still show as red to me and I now do not travel HiSec often if I do it is only in the area I am in and with very little cargo of value or a ship worth nothing.

I can afford to take losses and I accept this is part of the game through either ganking in HiSec or if i dare to enter the other areas I would expect to die, I have no problem with CCP trying new things in the game to spice it up a bit but all it is doing in my eyes is dropping the play time of people who have been affected by this mechanic.

CCP just needs to drop the insta scram and pointing in HiSec I am not saying totally take it out of HiSec or take the Trigs out of the HiSec areas just this insta point is so ridiculous it makes even the most experienced Player gate camping toons look stupid :smiley:
If someone is traveling through HiSec on auto pilot and not even paying attention to their screen then that’s fair game for the Trigs in my eyes but if you arer paying attention and not going AFK whilst traveling or mining etc etc then you should have the chance to get out of trouble or stay and fight if you so wish.

5 Likes

i agree this mechanic will not be popular , eve players don’t like random .
but so many people claiming it’s “insta” , when in fact it’s not . i linked the trig stats in my other post .
there’s a trig wh and fleet in perimeter atm , i’ve been watching them for the last hour or so … the only ships they’ve caught appeared to be on autopilot …
*edit the only tackler on the roaming fleet is dead , making for safer travel for everyone :slight_smile:

Well I don’t auto pilot on any of my characters in game and I have been caught on the gate trying to warp off so I don’t care much for the stats that have been put out there if I am getting pointed in a ship that is made to warp off quite quickly then in my eyes that’s as good as insta point the ship I was flying had an align time of like 2.5 I think it was that’s quite quick not insta warp off but still quick.

I’m not in anyway disagreeing with what CCP have bought into the game by any means, but there is enough to watch out for in HiSec without the NPC factions taking you out before you can do anything lol
All I am trying to say is I think the pointing needs to be adjusted because its not right and newer players are going to get annoyed with the way it happens, I understand what CCP are doing to kurb the wealth within the game from all sides but this is not fair on the guys that can’t afford a loss and are just starting out in the game.

7 Likes

the scram frig has 800 scan res , no human reaction-time and no round-trip to the server to apply scram . depending on the npc AI , it is de-facto insta for anything larger than a frigate …
while there is isk to be made killing the trig spawns , i doubt this will remain in-game for long …

6 Likes

Just fix your standing, don’t be lazy.

1 Like

Why would we wanna do that and then get shot by edencom?

1 Like

Hello/
My opinion is that everything is working fine, the dynamics are very good atm (at least in HS where i live for 10 years now).
First of all you can use blockade runners or dst to transport goods. Damn, you can even use warp stabs to help you with running off a gate with NPC camp.
You can use scouting alt to check if everything is fine on the other side of the gate.

There are counters to whats happening and CCP made some ships and tactics viable in HS, there was no point is using DST before (maybe gankers, but still its more liek pvp). If you taking risk be ready to lose, you cant always win.

And the trigs can be all over the hs now, they spawn from a WH connection to pochven. So if you see any trigs at a gate it means there is a wormhole in the system.
Also you can fight them, ever tried that ? i bet you did since you have negative standings towards trigs.

You don’t, you can get + standing with both at same time easily. CCP explicitly introduced new rats for this purpose. Read the web.

Interesting that CCP told everybody to choose a side, red or blue. All the people who chose blue? Ha, ha, you chose wrong - now grind up your red standing.

2 Likes

I valued the game for many options in playstyles it provided. You like missions - you run missions. You like mining - you do mining. You like expolation - you go and explore. You like PVP - you go and PVP. Almost perfect autonomy - you do what you like. Other people are always present to interfere, to compete or to attack.

Every previous expansion, every change was optional. When they added WHs you didn’t have to dive in them. If you liked missions at the time you just kept running missions or whatever.

Even FOBs, Drifters and Abyss were all avoidable. People who were interested ran their sites, those who weren’t could just ignore them.

Now these Invasion Trigs aren’t that optional anymore. Why didn’t you come to save Niarja. Why didn’t you scout that gate. Why didn’t you grind enough standings with them.

Cause I’m not interested. They can’t force me into doing something I don’t want in a game. But they expect me to. WTF CCP.

If they want Trigs act like players. Want players to interact with Trigs like they do with players, Trigs loss should be meaningful. They cant spawn endless waves of Trigs like they did with old rats and say, look they behave like players, now you must pretend they are. When players PVP they both at least have ships at stake. What does an unlimited NPC have at stake? Hunting diamond rats or NPC miners doesn’t make any sense (except for loot) - they endlessly respawn. How should killing Trigs make more sense?

11 Likes

Do you know how that content was described ? Invasion. Have you ever heard of an invasion that was convenient for the people who are being invade? I guess not…

CCP introduced a little difficulty for the players in EvE in general. They didnt target miners, mission runners or pvper. They changed a mechanics that everyone where using - travelling.
And since its true that in most cases if they changed something that you didnt use - you could just ignore that changes, now since we all are using that mechanic (station spinners undock from time to time too…) you cant run from it, just adapt.
You are not interested in making yourself more safe ? Then dont scout, dont fight to defend the systems, dont grind standing - just die at the gate and blame CCP for making good changes to the game.

1 Like

@Vaako_Molinari, thank you, there will as many opinions as there are stars in the sky and all should be respected. Vast majority of all of us loves the game and wants it to prosper with a healthy growth in the player base, steadily increasing activity and success to the company that will enable them to in turn develop the game further, obtain newer servers, etc. that then in a circle benefits the player community through enjoyment. I personally feel the new game dynamic of destroying player ships and pods, without warning or a serious chance to escape, in HiSec simply while they are traveling is too harsh and negatively affects players, furthermore it is a suppressive tactic that has no observable benefit, it will likely reduce activity and enjoyment.

It is being done to a relatively small enough group of players that it might not end up having any seriously adverse effects on the player base but it is on principle that I would like to speak up and resist this as it is an unprecedented wrong at least since I have started playing a little over a year ago. There have always been warnings of some sort and it is up to you to chose the amount of risk you are willing to take for the possibility of reward. The new game dynamic deprives the player of this choice. I believe players should not have to lose millions and in some cases billions of ISK to learn a new lesson simply because one or more individuals in management decided it should be so. Remember that amazing EVE Online trailer you can find on YouTube where the lady with the Australian accent says “What you do in New Eden in entirely up to you to decide.”, at least that should now be changed to state that sometimes New Eden will decide what it will do to you. :slight_smile:

It is again less important to me that I lost several hundred million ISK or the equivalent of $5 than it is on principal that I would like to express dissatisfaction against this unfairness with the intent of reversing it and in hope others will voice their opinion. I want the game to be a joy to the greatest number of people possible, especially in these uncertain times. If and when you feel there is an injustice taking place then I believe it is important to resist it even if it does not affect you, because when the same or similar injustice ultimately reaches you, there will be no one to help you resist it.

3 Likes

Totally agree mate

1 Like

My suggestion for fixing FOBs was for different playstyles to be able to participate. If you kill diamond miners in FOB system, dont let them collect resources you weaken the invasion. If you keep summoning and killing response fleets you weaken it. If you zip around hacking FOBs comms, shields and stealth substructures you weaken it. You exhaust pirate forces in the system and eventually you happily bash defenceless structure.

Have you ever heard of an invasion with invaders having unlimited backup. They were scripted to capture 27 systems whatever defenders did. Defending only made it worse, actually. They wouldn’t have caused as much disruption if they only have seized 27.

Trig supporters got to win, Edencom supporters got to keep status quo.

Those who’ve adapted to new travelling didn’t win, but got to keep status quo. It’s ■■■■ game design. You earn less for more effort. It’s punishment.

Being highsec combat explorer 80-90% of the time in my daily play sessions was commute, in warp across 40-50 systems. Now I’m supposed to waste even more time on travel, pay more attention, use alts and travelfit in highsec. For what? For less reward?

I loved EVE lore up till Trig invasion. It was quite original unlike most scifi literature and movies.

After Hilmar read Three body problem by Cixin Liu EVE lore went out of the window though. “Civilization number 137 was destroyed by the extreme cold”. Drifters didn’t work? Behold Trigsters! Chaos era!

Invasion is rather badly disguised game mechanic. Intrusive, annoying and unrewarding.

8 Likes

Triglavians only spawn in systems that are minor victory for them, Knowing that you shouldn’t be in that system anyway if you don’t want your “way of life” disrupted.

If you are crossing into a Hi-Sec gate that is trig minor victory, treat it like a LS gate and look at things like ships killed / capsules destroyed using your map settings, or better yet try to avoid the system all together (All options added thanks to CCP)

Treat it like a LS gate, scout with a corvette then burn back if its clear.

As far as the wormholes go, there needs to be a standing force that deals with the wormholes when they are in high sec. Players can help prevent trigs from spawning by killing the initial waves that show up when the wormhole spawns.

Again, those trig spawns are not infinite, if you clear all the waves they do not show up again. I’ve ran a few on my own with an alt and can confirm that.

When I say players I don’t mean the ones that don’t want to fight trigs, there are others who do want to fight them and are more than happy to spend time fighting trigs in HS systems (I am one of them)

We need to start working together, and stop pretending we are in this world alone.

Why would any sane person fight the Trigs? There is no benefit to doing so.

2 Likes