Triglavian Ganking

Yup, in the 2019 World Invasion Tour, CCP Hellmar stated in a presentation called ‘Beyond The Friendship Machine’ that the first time a new player loses a ship, that’s the ‘Magic Moment’ of when they decide to stay or quit.

If the new player is in a social group with other players who can explain what happened and help them get back going again, then those new players will usually stay.

If the new player doesn’t have a social group and basically doesn’t know anybody, then those new players will usually quit.

3 Likes

Yeah I was playing on one of my Alpha Chars flying a venture and got popped during a short-term out of game distraction.

1 Like

You are misunderstanding easier.
Easier does not mean less likely to die. It means easier to understand and respond to things.
“Hey I died, maybe I should fit an extender” is easy if extenders are already explained to the player and the venture is identified as a shield ship.

1 Like

I don’t think I am. My comment’s context is new player Ventures lost to Trig scouts. These Trig’s dps is beyond that demonstrated by any tutorial or career agent rat, and so a new player won’t likely be prepared.

Perhaps the Community Fittings need more publicizing, potential launcher news items?

IMO the issue is that people are just not used to those rats that can output a huge DPS (300 DPS is HUGE for a beginner).
All the fits provided contain a useless salvager, or a useless asteroid scanner. That’s just lame.

I guess with time people will stop advocating for untanked ships.

2 Likes

Agreed.

As for the Venture community fits, you’ll note they’re from pre-Trig October, 2017, so clearly need updating.

3 Likes

@ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode @ISD_Buldath Can someone direct this note to the right people? This seems an important shift in the game to correct the fits for.

4 Likes

Sure thing!

6 Likes

This is how these forums should work. Excellent stuff.

4 Likes

but 500k is easy to get in 5-10 minutes of doing Project Discovery without even need to undock or any other risk.

1 Like

maybe.
But then it becomes required to do discovery instead of playing spaceship game ?

Yeah, I think there has to be a Navy vs Trig Factor in where the Scouts spawn. In Lore it would work as the Trigs are invading all of High Sec, so aren’t just focussing.

In any case:

An incoming Conduit from Abyssal Deadspace has been detected. Threat analysis of Triglavian vessels indicates that Raznaborg variants are present. DED Agents have assessed this conduit as less threatening than the Minor Conduits observed in Invasion systems.

This was detailed as a hoboleak which looks like players will have a way to shut these recons down and thereby save the new players from being blapped. Or I could be reading this wrong and this is something else.

1 Like

It’s always the same, just because you see a reference somewhere does not mean it will work as you would like it to :confused:
More likely devs got a new idea and… forget it, it won’t work, cya.

Wait and see is the only answer to that

2 Likes

That was weird, I just destroyed two Raznaborg scouts and a renewing when the same gang composition warp in on me, I destroyed the renewing and then had a scout in structure and they just disappeared. Though the wreck of the renewing was still there. Interesting bug…

2 Likes

Apparently it is the newest “Trig” feature.
Every system will now get an “Emerging Conduit” anomaly in system as well as the Recon fleets.
And I mean every system. I just did about 60+ jumps (on 2 different toons) through 6 or so regions and every system had an “Emerging Conduit” in it.

What is an “Emerging Conduit” you ask ?
Well, it’s basically a Triglavian Combat site. Don’t need to probe it down.

When you warp to it, there is nothing but a bit of a cloud in a 3 prong “Triglavian” shape. Even if you are cloaked, warping to it (at any range) initiates the “Conduit”. A message appears in local and within a couple minutes a wave of Trig ships appears (frigates and destroyers of various types).
(It seems that if you just ignore the anomaly, it won’t do anything. Just sit there - probably forever.)

The first one we did had a butt load of ships in the first wave. That’s right, there’s more than 1 wave. 3 in fact.
All the colours of the rainbow were present. Renewing, Harrowing, Ghosting, Tangling, Blinding, Starving and “normal” Raznaborgs.
Some were Damaviks, some were Kikimoras.

Killed the first wave and a 2nd spawned immediately. They will close on you real fast. As in at up to 2,500 m/s in some cases.
2nd wave was much like the first. Had an additional type (Zorya) Kikimora.
3rd wave also had an additional ship - a Vedmak.
We killed all the smaller ships and saved the Vedmak for last but it warped off !!

Looted the field - meh - the usual junk. Another Emerging Conduit spawned within a couple minutes.

It appears theses sites are meant to be “farmed”.
Oh yeah, you get DED LPs and an ISK reward for completing the site. 2 guys did 4 sites, they each got 4.5 mil isk and 300 DED Loyalty Points per site.

After a few hours we decided to do another site. Much fewer ships in each wave this time. Not sure if the numbers keep going down by design or if CCP is “tweaking” the sites to make them easier (for the farmers).
The current “Conduit” in system only has 4 ships in the initial wave.

Can’t “kill” the Conduit. The only thing you can shoot is the Trig ships.
Loot is the usual, though we did score 1 Gravid Mutaplasmid - Damage Control and one Triglavian Quantum Engineering" skill book.

You can solo the sites if you fit your ship right. Remember you are shooting 98% frigs and destroyers and the ocassional cruiser, they do Omni damage, they WILL neut/web/target paint/weapon and missile disrupt you while hitting you with some pretty heavy DPS.

And being CCP, they KNOW which ship (if you have more than one) is the weakest and will even bypass a closer ship to get at the weaker one.
We had 2 guys in identical HACs. One guy was in his “missile clone” and the other was in his Hiwall mining clone. The ships were fitted identically but of course the “miner” wasn’t putting out the same damage due to having different implants.
Guess who the Trigs targeted - every time.

In one site they burned right past the HAC with the missile master pilot and zeroed in on the other HAC - 20 kms further way.
In another site, the guys warped to 100 from the beacon. The Trigs were a little over 130km away. Within seconds they were all targetting the “miner” and not one of them was locking on to the “missile” guy.

We put the “miner” pilot into a Drake instead of the HAC. A little more DPS and EHP.
Oddly enough, the Trigs still go after him instead of the the guy in the HAC.

The sites are easy to do, the isk ain’t great, you might get some loot/Trig salvage (or not) and you get the LP.

Oh, and for some STUPID reason, it takes 30 SECONDS to lock a Trig wreck now, even using a pilot with maxed skills.
THAT only started happening after the last DT update. Prior to that, locking Trig wrecks was no different than any other wrecks.
Our “scanner” guy was bangjng his head because he KNEW he had maxed skills but every single wreck took 30 SECONDS to lock. (He thought it was something to do with his toon.)
We got our “master salvager” back in system, he took the Noctis and sure enough, it took 30 seconds for him to lock each wreck as well.
(And the wrecks show attributes of 27,500m3 so it’s not like they are little wisps of twisted metal with nothing to lock onto.)
Plus, as mentioned, before the last “update” all the other Trig wrecks locked up normally just like any other wreck.
(Now even the “Recon Fleet” wrecks take 30 seconds to lock for some stupid reason.)

So, we have the roaming Recon Fleets and now the “Emerging Conduits”. Would be nice to know if this is going to be a permanent feature or if there is a “kill enough of them and they’ll stop spawning” kind of endgame to this (because farming them will be as tedious as mining, especially with the PITA that salvaging them is now).

(I do find it hilarious to watch as the average number of pilots logged in keeps dropping. Yesterday I saw it was down to just over 11,000 when there used to be 18,000 and now we are at around 15,000 when there used to be 20-22,000.
Hmmmm, I wonder why…)

5 Likes

Very interesting, thank you.

So it seems a conduit gets strengthened as time passes, and after a while it starts spawning recon ships in the system ?

No, the Recon Ships were there before and don’t seem to be affected by these “Conduits” at all.

If anything, it looks the the Conduits are getting weaker each time they spawn.

Lol- after my last post I went to look at the Conduit in system and it’s gone. No new one has spawned and the Recon Fleet rats have disappeared as well.

No reason for it (except “CCP”) so maybe they are tweaking them - again.

3 Likes

I just mentioned this in TIS public, pity I was enjoying myself immensely… Oh well back to grinding Caldari Navy standings for my market trader…

And they are spawning again. Did not really notice any changes though I have the slight feeling that the drops might have been reduced somewhat, but only a touch.

2 Likes