Triglavian Ganking

I’m a returning player and wanted to understand both sides to the story, so figured I’d see the affects of Trigs. I have a few decent characters with good skill amounts, so decided to head out with an Orca to see if mining in high sec was still profitable.

In the half hour I was mining, I got landed on by 2 different sets of trigs in the belt. Killing them off wasn’t necessarily difficult and I did enjoy the added game play by the time it was all said and done. I’m not really a High Sec player, so figured with different PVE setups it would have even been easier.

That said, I came to understand some of the players frustrations with the changes. In both of the engagements, the Trigs knocked out one of my drones. Not only did they knock it out, but they did it in an absolute hurry. One Hammerhead II and one Hobgoblin II were lost in a half hour of orca mining (keep in mind that my mining skills kinda suck because I’m not a terribly good PVE player).

I honestly think at that point, I was mining at a loss. So I sent the Orca back to the station.

I did take all the precautions to be sure I was successful at setting up my mini mining test. The Orca was well fit, and continually monitored (was only doing it for slightly longer than a half hour). I had brought a Domi out with multiple types of Drones as well (which is what lost the drones).

So while I like the little bit of extra challenge, I can definitely see how this could be affecting industrial players who are active. It doesn’t just affect bots.

2 Likes

I understand where you are coming from, but to be blunt the game is better when it is a challenge and that you can suffer loss, such as drones. I do believe that the new players in Ventures are in most danger from the Trig scouts which is a concern because they can blow up their Ventures before they can warp out, this is an issue and I think CCP have adjusted their locking time. But there have been a lot of amusing AFK losses of Orca’s. The odd thing is that when I used a HAC with these rats they hardly ever targeted the drones.

I think the game got stale with easy farming and no real environmental risk at the base level of system operation, environment to me is both player and NPC activity.

2 Likes

because the signature takes a part in most rats target priority.

I was being a bit obtuse with the use of odd as I did understand it, I was trying to give the player concerned a little nudge.

2 Likes

After skimming over this thread, I’m a huge fan of this new carebear content thing CCP is doing.

Yes. On a station near epic mission giver travis. It was fun to see wreck after wreck of baited players. There is a statistic that says people who loose ships stay longer. To save EVE online CHAOS was implemented. We are saved as everyone ganked will never unsub. Maybe.

1 Like

Nope there is not.
People who claim this have actually zero idea what they are talking about.

4 Likes

Why would CCP do this. This is BAD, CCP needs new players badly, so lets kill them off and scare them from the game. NOT GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICE. If they keep this up this game will really suffer and die off, and I have been playing since 2006 and I don’t want to see that happen. CCP if you read posts you need to stop this, you are losing potential customers!!!

2 Likes

So the trigs have the ability to know they are being D-scanned?
The mechanic exists?
Would prefer a “hey you are being d-scanned” mechanic over local any day.

From zKB:

Any ideas?

Okay, okay.

How about:
‘CCP conducted a study to attempt to confirm the old assumption that ganking leads to less player retention, and were unable to do so. In fact, they’re findings seemed to indicate that, if anything, ganking has a positive affect of new player retention.’
Do you like that wording better, Anderson? Does this re-wording satisfy your carebear pedantry?

Lmao reword it however you like, try to dismiss the lil study entirely, I don’t care.

The fact remains that CCP themselves looked into this and found everything to be fine and working as intended.

Sucks to be you, I guess. Hahahahaha…

wrong.

It’s not pedantry. You are just making it say something more than it says.
That is : you are lying.

2 Likes

Actually it would suc to be you, obviously you’re someone who has lost all touch with reality, constantly portraying things out of context by twisting them around to fit your warped sense of perception…

By the way, that presentation by CCP Rise was done years ago and it was about the NPE and lack of retaining new players. He said the main reason new players quit the game was due to the NPE, not because of ganking. Also that only pertained to new players that were 30 days or less in the game.

From now on please get your facts straight before you post.

1 Like

Okay resident butthurt pedants.

Please reword the findings of CCP in a way that helps your carebear narrative.

I’ll wait…

HAAAAHAHAHA you guys got nothin’, while we have somethin’ that’s hilarious to me.

1 Like

" correlation is not causation, therefore we can’t say that killing people make them stick to the game. All we can say is, the people who stick to the game, they get killed".
No rewording. Just a plain quote that explains that your interpretation is wrong, and it’s obvious for anyone who actually thinks of it and is not trying to push lies.

1 Like

So does that correlation support the carebear idea that ganking is bad for retantion? OR would it more closely align with the hypothosis that ganking is good for the game?

Try to answer honestly, Anderson, I don’t think you can do it, personally…

1 Like

read the quote again.

It does not support anything.

Just because you want it to be necessarily one of them, does not make you look less stupid.

Coming from you who LIES on every one of his post on this topic, it’s really worthless.

Okay so it doesn’t strictly support either hypothesis, but which one would it seem to more closely align with?

LMAO I don’t think your carebear sensibilities will allow you to honestly answer this question, but you’re fun to mess with.

again, none.

You CAN’T say anything from this.

Affirming you can is a lie.

That’s literally what the quote says : When you affirm you can deduce anything else from that correlation, you are lying.

Right Anderson, you’re repeating yourself.

I’ll try again a different way:

CCP held a lil study to try to confirm an old carebear belief. Did that work? Did they confirm it? Did they conclude that ganking is bad for new player retention?

1 Like