Triglavian pod killing and the paradox of high-sec space

Diamond rats do not appear on gates camping.

The things is that yeah i havent seen triglavs since invasion outside Minor Victory systems. Untill I did. (I lost nothing of value tough, so its not like im mad). But now i know that EVERY high-sec gate has an unknown chance to be camped with no foreshadowing or telegraphing. This does break the established rules of high sec.

Only systems outside of trig systems that will have trig are those systems with WH leading to Povchen.

They will have NPC warping around and tackling people on the gate. New Caldari and Perimeter are prime examples of this.

And how do I know that they have such WHs before i actually enter system? Without using a scouting alt or 3rd party websites?

The solution is actually kinda easy: give systems with WHs to Pochven Invaded status.

2 Likes

I think CCP is missing the chance to use a graduated Trig strength/response in HS gameplay. Instead of the Hand of God response so many newer players encounter, in higher sec systems a smaller fleet that offers a chance to escape might encourage a new player to remain, instead of a blink/dead response we get now. Sure, you would still get plenty of player kills, but you would also now get newer players who made it through and feel a beginners’ accomplishment in surviving. As you move down the HS sec grades, you get closer and closer to the current sitsuation. That could be a very small part in helping to retain new players.

1 Like

As much as I enjoy the losses of others to trigs, normally , they should have added a warning message just like the one you get when jumping into a low sec system .

Something like “Warning: no where in EVE is safe” ?

You thinking the argument is silly and tired doesn’t however make it any less true, high sec has NEVER meant safe, i mean we can do this dance all you want, you don’t have to like it but that IS how the game has always been, there is no safe space unless you’re docked in an NPC station

Watch the systems on the EDI tracker

There will be 27 k-space triglavian WH’s active at all times along with random extra spawns in the drone regions and in j-space, the roaming fleets aren’t always on the gates in affected systems as they can be found on planets, stations, in belts and on POCO’s in addition to stargates

The game is not always as fun as the forums :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Gammel has been having Trigs for a while now.

Gammel is a trig minor victory, they own that system lol

1 Like

Ah see that’s how little I know about trigs :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess that kinda shows the issue: unless you’re really in to it Trigs are just some RNG thing.

This actually not exactly true. You kinda miss that Eve while known for being dAnGerUSS and DifFiCUlt actually has well defined rules of what and when actually can kill you. For almost 20 years USING HS GATES was safe unless some very specific conditions (such wardec, low security status, suspect timer) are true or you could get Suicide ganked, which is a) PVP, b) costs money to pull of, c) survivable, so there are numerous counterplay options.

When it comes to traveling in HS it always was possible to make pretty damn safe.

Then we are going back to CONSISTENCY OR RULES thing. When you enter EdenCom system message pops-up telling you that system is dangerous, when you try to enter low-sec the same message pops-up. When you try to undock wardecked, it pops-up. etc. In case of new Trig fleets it doesnt.

However ive researched a bit and it seems like the GATES leading to the system actually tell you that “caution is adviced”. Which is kinda cool, but… Manually checking each gate’s info while traveling for 30+ jumps? Cmon. Thats not fun, thats headache.

1 Like

Yeah, thats kinda the entire point. They also could make so system highlights on the route bar, like Invaded systems did back in the day and acts in similar with with triangle coorditanes specific background etc.

This way its fair, its dangerous, it can disrupt mining operations and trading routes without being RNG-like.

2 Likes

A list that has been evolving and changing over the last 17 years, the list is still well defined, people just seem to struggle with keeping track of everything

Yup, and now thats changed, the rules are now different, still very clearly defined, you not liking the new rules doesn’t really affect that the rules changed

It still is, there is that thing called a cloaking device, cloak + MWD makes travel relatively trivial and cov ops cloaks make it a breeze, outside of that expect there to be some risk

Because those messages are for STATIC changes, the minor victory systems don’t change, low sec systems don’t change, however the trig WH’s are dymanic, they are by design meant to be random and dangerous, you seem to be upset with this, which is fine, you don’t have to like every change made over the last 2 decades

So instead you want a no-brain zero effort way to be safe? :stuck_out_tongue:

To quote Wrangler, Hello Kitty Online is over there ---->

Again, entirely different systems, those were for systems with prolonged triglavian presence and that were at risk of being captured, conversely trig WH’s last 12 hours and pose no actual risk to the ownership of the system

No, this way it takes no effort and doesn’t promote caution it just promotes yet more mindlessness

But you wanted all the PvP nerfed so that you didn’t have to bother with being hunted by other players. You can’t just NOT DIE EVER and expect your PvE activities to mean anything. That would be entitled AF. If no-one blows up, you have no-one to sell to afterall. At a certain point ships HAVE to blow up for ship construction to remain a profitable and worthwhile venture.

The Trigs are the ■■■■■■■■ Carebears deserve for crying PvP out of High Sec.

I agree that trigs are trash content but removing trigs at this point would break the economy. These mineral rebalances MAY be enough to tip the scales and allow CCP to remove trigs AND high sec PvP (which I believe is their goal) but at what cost? I sure do hear a lot of complaining amongst PvEers around all the recent mineral/industry rebalances and I see why. At what point does the only valid profession become selling game time?

And the 1 million dollar question: Is the Eve we have now REALLY better than having to deal with a suspect in your mission, or a ganker in your asteroid belt?.. With half the playerbase? Twice the bots? Blue Donut? Dead Low Sec? Trigs? I could go on forever. You guys have got to just accept that you’re going to have to lose a ship one way or another. It might as well be to another player, it’s to your own benefit in the grand scheme of things anyway.

1 Like

Then they got away too easy with it …

1 Like

Or… you can just do what everyone did . A trip to Pochven and get standings , does not take more than 15- 20 minutes.

1 Like

Dynamic Invasions had those. Do remember how Invasions were? They were perfectly fine, it would be ok if they do Trigs the way the were back then. Now they are MORE DANGEROUS, but also not foreshadowed properly.

Thats shitty design. Thats kinda an entire point.

IT DOES NOT make the game more difficult or smarter. Checking manually every gate before entering it IS NOT FUN, it IS NOT HARD, it just makes things slower and demands attention where its not really needed.

This is too fundamental of a change to happen the way it. As i said HIGH SEC gates were safe for 17 years, and they are not WITHOUT ANY WARNING. Not everybody are interested trigs content. It is easier to quit the game then to deal with them tbh, so the change as I said is bad. It removes certain playstyles without giving anything of a value in return.

It doesnt take skill. It just forces you to refit you ships to with the modules you do not need just in case. Thats not a challenge thats a headache. Its fine when you are in low sec or null but in high-sec it wont work, because people play in HS exactly because the do not want this type of gameplay.

Now imagine trig invaded system is highlighted on the route as it did before with a triangle. How many options do we have now? Ask people WTF is this, fly different ship, do not fly at all, fly to the different location, fit MWD+cloak, fly around, get a security fleet, gather a fleet and beat the crap out of Trigs and close their WH (if possible idk). See how many options there are now, when the danger is foreshadowed beforehand? Thats called counterplay.

No, i want fun ways of dealing with danger. Clicking few extra buttons while navigating high-sec isn’t difficult nor it is fun, it just gonna make the game slower and more boring.

2 Likes

Not gonna respond to my post? Clinging to your ignorance again? The bias is thick with this one.