The Tripwire May release is on track for May 6th @ 8pm EVE time (20:00) - expect about 1 hour of downtime (should be less). Everyone will lose all their signatures and personal statistical data as those tables have completely changed. Everything else like accounts, masks, comments, preferences will be still intact.
The good news is all API calls have been converted to ESI for the May 8th EVE API shutdown.
The bad news is I was not able to get as many features finished so more updates will come in the following weeks.
There are a few existing features that are not functional yet:
- EVE Scout’s Thera signatures won’t be available right away
- The “bookmark” tagging for wormholes is gone for now
Everything else Tripwire did before, it should do. Please report bugs in whatever way is easiest for you, I will dedicate time to monitoring and bug fixing for the first few days.
So what has changed:
- The old API register method has been replaced by EVE SSO
- Tripwire admin authorization for CEO & Directors, now includes the corp title “Tripwire Admin”
- Tripwire registration via EVE SSO will auto generate a password and username, you can change these via Tripwire options once logged in (via EVE SSO)
- Slight UI tweaks and organization changes
- wh.pasta.gg link replaced with anoik.is
- Built in tutorials have been included and can be ran via clicking the “?” in the top-right corner of areas (these are still a work in progress)
- UI Scaling option added to the Tripwire settings under “preferences” to zoom the entire UI smaller or bigger. NOTE FireFox doesn’t support this, despite their docs claiming to fully support the CSS zoom property. Complain to them.
- The landing page screenshots replaced with a Twitter feed about Tripwire
- Mask creation/editing now has a more useful search with options to limit by corporation, character, or exact string match and now can return many results with similar names.
- Signature section no longer has an edit button - simply double-click a signature to edit it now.
- The delete button has been moved above and operates by clicking on signatures to select them (use shortcut key DELETE instead of clicking the trash icon)
- Undo/redo feature rewritten to properly support wormholes, pasting signatures that add and update are broken into 2 undo actions - may group them later.
- Full signature IDs are now supported, but not required - you can completely leave the IDs blank now or simply add the 3 letters like before. NOTE automapper and pasting of signatures NEEDS the full ID to work, example: ABC-123
- An “Unknown” signature type has been added. pasted signatures typically have this set at first.
- Wormhole types are now completely optional as well
- Wormhole types can be “GATE” for rendering gates, but also now “SML”, “MED”, “LRG”, “XLG” types are supported for mass sensitive (frigate) wormholes
- Entering a wormhole type will auto-populate the leads to if left blank with “Class-1” or “High-Sec”
- The autocomplete for both wormhole type and leads to has been replaced with a better functioning one, the leads to also includes a drop-down menu
- Signature name as been expanded from 50 characters to 100
- You can now enter custom system name for each side of a wormhole if desired, and now also renders even when no leads to system is entered (for say marking a wormhole as “Dangerous”)
- Signature/wormhole life length revamped and is now completely controlled by you. Click and use the arrow up/down to adjust. Automatically adjusts to wormhole type (but you can override). The default pasted length option still works.
- Both sides of a wormhole can now be edited at the same time for either side
- Pasting signatures feature rewritten for better handling of pasted results and speed
- Hovering over the age of a signature now includes who created/modified it, not just when.
- Set destination/waypoint now works again (chain map - right-click menu)
- Statistics tracking has been fixed and expanded to wormholes and comments, not just signatures. Also there is now an added, updated, deleted tally. Viewed systems was removed
- Remember Me login option cookie now uses a token to be more secure
- Some issues with the signature age counter has been fixed
- Tons of minor bug fixes, too many to list
There are many more features just around the corner including an API. This major update was a complete rewrite of the core of Tripwire that has finally unblocked many features many have asked for.
For those of you who host your own copy of Tripwire - this release makes it far easier and I will be including full instructions and a database structure dump the following day, May 7th. I apologize for the delay but so much has changed with Tripwire.