Type's of ganking

I’m pretty sure that was you. Or was it me?

You can’t take credit for everything

So it was Dracvlad who killed antiganking.

That’s what I thought.

He just made it too boring and the community fell asleep.

He kicked all our spy alts because he knew who they were, until there were no more players in the AG channel except for him.

Antigankers don’t know how to have fun.

That’s why they don’t log in.

I logged in today , was nice to be back

I never noticed Githy left.

I had this precise thing in Halaima last night…after some relative noob had been ganked and was cussing in local, I told them that being ganked was not the end of their ‘hero’s journey’ but just the start of it. Meaning that it should inspire them to skill up and get even and play the game they actually joined Eve for rather than being stuck as a miner for years on end. At which point some vet who clearly had done nothing but mining for 15 years objected to the very notion of Eve being any sort of ‘hero’s journey’.

Sigh. You can lead a horse to the water…but you can’t make it drink.

And that’s why you use the horse to make glue instead.

2 Likes

How have i incorrectly applied it?

This is EVE. You should expect a fight, and plan for a fight, every time you hit “undock”. Whenever i undock, i am literally at war with everyone in local who isnt blue, and I treat everyone as such.

Yeah, ive been posting less and less, but Ive still posted here and there. Its been a while since i responded to you, thats for sure. I am doing well, I hope youre doing well too. Happy new year!

Thats becaus AG is trying to be reactive, instead of proactive. And no one wants to fight a battle thats already lost.

If you had 2 generals on the battlefield, trying to take down a castle, and the defenders in the castle were taunting the generals to come out in the open plain and fight them, and one general took the bait and had his army decimated, while the other general stood his ground and didnt move and avoided unnecessary losses, then came back and ambushed the resupply convoys and starved the defenders into submission, which would you think would you consider the smarter, more competant, adept General?

Thus is the brilliance of the Gankers.

This would cause so much chaos. Imagine being able to lower Jita to 0.5 and make it far, far easier to gank.

I like this idea.

1 Like

Very true , just like real , eve is filled with some strange folks.
One time had intel that a streamer that was going to be the target of a gank , we assembled a group of about 10 players to fly to his system and try and intercept the gankers en route, note sure the gankers got a fleet up as our heroic spy had to log . Never the less our appointed leader of the fleet made contact with him to warn him of an income gank on his mining fleet .

He said we was the ones griefing him and gave us abuse in local and on his stream, at which point he got up from his chair and went to put his trousers on leaving his orca afk .

That’s the closest I’ve got to ganking someone but each to his own regarding the trousers.

We realised this it’s why we stopped trying to stop belt ganks , started hunting with kill rights and baiting gankers in events sites, much more fun

1 Like

Well…my suspicion is that people join Eve for all the tales of epic space battles, intrigue, etc, and many somehow get sidelined into doing nothing but mining, though they would not have joined Eve if it were advertised as a ‘space mining simulator’. Mining should be a means to an end…acquiring combat ships and so on…and not an end in itself.

1 Like

Did you know at the start CCP never thought mining would be a big thing and people would make gaming careers doing it.

So mining is an exploit?

Wouldn’t surprise me at all. Neither does it surprise me that people get stuck in it…when for the price of a pint of beer they could have 500m ISK, rather than mine for hours.

Mining kills braincells

1 Like

Just like a pint