Type's of ganking

He perhaps?

You do know I won’t be calling you any of these ,

There’s two types of ganking:

• successful
    and
  • unsuccessful

:disguised_face: :partying_face:

All the rest is just being a bad sport, or woefully underskilled.

4 Likes

No…its absurd to argue that what you are depends on how the other person responds. That would mean that one’s inherent status was not actually intrinsic and thus you could never assign any ‘real’ label to it anyway.

I have no clue on the point you are trying to make, but if it makes you feel better then feel free.

It’s pretty simple plain English. If you attack someone then their response does not determine whether you have done PvP or not. What’s not to understand ?

I still have no idea what point you are trying to make, and also wondering just why you are bothering to make such a point on something that is off-topic and was a clarification and nothing else. But as I said, if it makes you feel better then whatever…

Dracvlad, Altara is simply pointing out the obvious. PvP does not need to be consensual. It only takes one player to start PvP. Just look at Zaera, fang doesn’t need your permission to show fang’s images which mock you - that’s real PvP right there.

2 Likes

Well of course Drac is going to ignore/deny the point…as it makes nonsense of his whole ’ its only PvP if the guy is fighting back ’ contrivance. Whether someone fires back is irrelevant. If I attack someone then I am engaging in PvP. What the other person does is totally inconsequential to that. It is still PvP even if the other person fumbles the F1 key and never fires a shot.

Yeah, but Dracvlad is speaking as a smart, cold, and calculating hunter. Who the hell are you to say that he’s wrong? He made an entire fleet dock up once just with his mere presence.

Wait a minute…

Don’t hunters hunt targets that can’t shoot back?

Furthermore…

Was the sinking of Akagi not PvP? Why did griefers attack the unarmed bowhead? Shouldn’t devs intervene and reimburse the hauler? The innocent bowhead was just trying to jump into Midway, and the griefers tried to act like they owned the place, but everybody knows you can’t claim the ocean!

1 Like

The Akagi consented to PvP when it undocked.

1 Like

If you’re in High or Low Sec, there is no means to enforce the claim of the belt belonging to you.

In Null, you have to have defense fleets to enforce Sov over the belts, otherwise the belt is free for anyone to mine.

Aiko, you’re ignored, forever.

Now.

Have you ever heard of ganking?

Aiko, you’re ignored, forever.

Now.

Haha, epic gWanker salt! Take that, griefer!

I wonder if he blocked Karak, thinking that is me, or if he blocked me because my image of the Japanese bowhead made him realize that we have a valid point?

That is actually what I did. I used my main (this char) as a scout and a looter. Most gankers use a low SP alt for this. I was usually using a Venture or some other fragile ship and had another alt in an Orca where I stored the loot. Kerek Terrel

First off, no true mining operation would ever use Ventures and an Orca to mine. Any miner already knows that a Procurer + the bonuses created by the Orca will yield much more ore than a Venture + Orca.

So, if you see several Ventures + an Orca in a belt, that is going to be a gank set-up, especially when the Orca moves away towards your ship.

A good defense to try against Gankers is to set up containers around your barge at the minimum distance. The ganker ships will most likely be Alpha Destroyers that will need to warp to the barge or Orca within 1,000 meters to put max DPS on the mining ship. The containers could prevent an accurate warp in / landing by causing one or more of the Alpha Destroyers to bounce off of the container and therefore causing less DPS to be applied to the target.

Cans are non-collidable, dummy.

:point_up_2:

???

It’s shocking how little he knows. He’s been playing the game longer than me, obsessively writing about ganking, and still doesn’t know our engagement profile.