Uedama anti-gank

mebbe sew butt dayumm lul

Now thatā€™s not fair, if Githany tried to use a spellchecker sheā€™d knock over her beer and probably the bong as well. Cut her some slack, sheā€™s just trying to relax.

2 Likes

Thank you Aiko we all have our crosses to bear, I do the best I can

2 Likes

If they get good enough at it, maybe it could become profitable.

Maybe they just need to start charging for it.

Set up a Keepstar in a high sec system that has no NPC stations. War dec and smash anyone else who tries to set up there. Then charge miners a docking fee. And refuse docking to anyone suspected of being in Code.

Itā€™s not totally impossible. But nobody has yet been motivated enough to do it.

2 Likes

I was going to comment ā€œWhat in the semantics, lack of integrity mums basement fk is going on here?ā€

But you nailed it XD

The issue that rarely gets discussed, in all the right-ness or wrong-ness of ganking, is whether it is driving away noobs. Driving away noobs will ultimately kill off Eveā€¦as noobs are the lifeblood of the game. Most noobs have never heard of ganking. A one day old noob who loses his Venture may just give upā€¦and that loss outweighs whatever ā€˜funā€™ the attack may have been. If I had my way, noobs would be un-gankable for a week or so, while they figure out what the heck the game is all about.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

(my italics, above)
Thereā€™s no quicker way to find out what the gameā€™s all about than by experiencing it first-hand; ganked!

Given that ganking has been a thing since at least 2009 when I started playing (and, Iā€™ve heard, it was even a thing back on launch in 2003! Can you imagine?!) we can now safely state that ganking is not going to kill Eve.

1 Like

If they donā€™t do a simple Google search on how to play a decade old or more game, they deserve to get blapped.

X for Doubt

Xxxxxxxxxx

And yet, Eve Onlineā€™s own stats show concurrent players falling from the 50Ks in 2013-2014 to the 30Ks now.

Somehow I donā€™t think anyone ever sat down and decided to make a game ā€˜aboutā€™ gangs of 15 heavily armed vessels blowing to bits some hapless 2 day old Noob in a Venture. I guess proper PvP just isnā€™t satisfying enough :slight_smile:

Wut. Course they did. Man. Yaā€™ll could never survive 1997 UO and it shows.

EVE is tame by comparison.

I agree. Rather, the developers considered every possibility and its counters, within the broad scope of a game centred around all aspects of PvP.

I know this because they would quickly have nipped the practice in the bud had it not fitted with their game-view.

They did make some concessions to new players though, and will do so again if they think theyā€™re warranted, Cilla.

EDIT: Removed a naughty comma.

Well, yes. PCU was higher in the past compared to what it is today. To infer some cause for this drop, we must look at what has changed in between those times, and what has stayed the same.

What has changed: citadels, rorq Isk printing, risk-averse gameplay, etc etc

What hasnā€™t changed: high sec ganking

Every single player that plays Eve has been a new player in a game with high sec ganking. Those 50k concurrent players in 2015? All started with high sec ganking.

So, Iā€™m not sure that the stats you quote are supporting your argument. At all.

1 Like

Carebears argue that safety, protection, and progression are the key to player retainment. However, a safe game is ultimately a boring game. CCP should focus on making the game difficult and challenging, because the tears of quitters will entertain others, and that is how you generate a high player count.

Can we have this in youtube format complete with lyrics sung by yourself truely? It would please your fanbase so much I think :wink:

Send me one billion isk.

1 Like

I donā€™t think Iā€™d ever see anti-ganking in itself as ā€˜justiceā€™. Itā€™s more that if people claim there are no ethics then they canā€™t suddenly introduce some.