[UNF-A] Eugales VI Arcology and Terraforming Initiative

It’s been some time since I’ve given an update on the state of the Arcology, terraforming progress, and other developments. Things have kept me occupied.

As it currently stands, the Masariin Gazaar Arcology complex is sitting comfortably at a population of around 40 million individuals, far from its projected max capacity in its current state of expansion, but still quite impressive, considering the time put in.

A pair of fully accommodated Pitches have been constructed in the last few months for the budding Kendu League that has continued to grow since our last major update, and community games are regularly running. Its been brought to my attention that a few of the community based teams are planning to enter into amateur leagues across the Pegeler constellation, if they can secure a sponsor, and I plan to further oblige the enthusiasm and spirit of these men and women.

Extensive development projects in near orbit of Shine Ehklel have been under way for nearly a year now, quieter than many other projects due to other things taking precedent, but a rather impressive orbital yard is starting to take shape some 8,000 kilometers above the surface of the planet, not too far removed from the Security Corridor station, as well as an orbital tether connecting it to the surface near the Arcology. The engineering challenges of hardening the tether against the continuing planet wide storms were expensive, but worth the effort and cost to overcome.

Terraforming has remained steady, and though the world storm is still incredibly powerful, at least in the immediate vicinity of the Kentii Rift Valley, and the Shuurga Basins, it has become tolerable enough to spend extended periods outside without protective equipment from the lashing rain and hail. A moral problem has been raised, in that a number of lichen and algae equivalents have been discovered since terraforming began, as well assorted simple plant species adapted to the constant harsh conditions, and further terraforming may damage the simple ecology on the world. For now, terraforming continues, but we have slowed our time tables to allow for cataloguing across various regions of the planet to find more life and record and save them for the future.

In more somber news, a large influx of refugees is expected to the Arcology and other colonial sites across the planet from displaced upwell structure populations from the recent destruction events in Archavoinet and Vivanier, programs are in place to handle such things but it will be straining due to shear volume.

Thank you for your time.

9 Likes