United Nations in New Eden?

I haven’t said it IS a good idea. The diplos of alliances do indeed work hard and sometimes achieve great things, yet I fail to see how this post is an “angry” one from a kid on the internet. Its an exploratory post based on the fact that Eve reflects real life in many aspects.

I have submitted a post on facebook (Eve Online Group) as well as this medium.

We’ve all been telling you why it’s a bad idea and won’t work. You’ve been constantly dodging the issue by saying “maybe there’s someone out there who thinks it’s a good idea”.

You keep dodging the issues being raised.

Why should alliances join this?
Why do we need this in the first place?
Why should people stop what they’re already doing to participate in this?

The more you keep dodging these questions, the more it’s coming across that you don’t actually know what you’re talking about. That means you haven’t taken the time to think about the idea and flesh it out.

1 Like

Who represents the actual power blocs - The Empires?

—Ambassador Gadget

Edit… isn’t mutual destruction the Whole Point of EvE? Especially since our resources and characters cannot be truly destroyed? How do you regulate Space Gods?

3 Likes

By lies, deceit, and betrayal of course.

/me looks for my copy of “The Prince” and thinks about crafting a resume.

3 Likes

It’s “sad” in comparison to RL, but in this “game” (note: EVE is Real) which derives much of its interest from spaceship explosions, few will want to have much to do with an organization that would promote the idea of “peace” and fewer explosions.

The major powers would do what they want, irrespective of any toothless decree by the EVE UN. The EVE UN would remain toothless, because the major powers wouldn’t contribute groups of pilots to enforce EVE UN decisions that might go against their interests.

3 Likes

Rogue Drones visit the United Nations of New Eden Congress in Yulai

1 Like

Yes. The UN is literally whatever the gigantic blue boreball in NullSec is called these days.

1 Like

Why would people playing A VIDEO GAME based on conflict for fun - all voluntarily, mind you - be interested in making their GAME more boring?

The blue donut (or purple for hilmars) effect is already bad enough, but at least the basis for that is actual power of the blocs.

OP, if you are sincere then you are misguided at best. Doing any little thing to promote peace and human well-being in real life is where you should put your efforts, not further mucking up the video game we all play for entertainment.

If you’re just trying to syphon off a little power for yourself in our game world, now that’s eve and will ultimately drive some conflict…so I wish you success in that case.

3 Likes

It’s a nice idea first up, and it’s easy looking at the comments to think that everyone is just against it out of principle, but realistically within this game, who is going to call the UN of Eve to bring peacekeepers ?

People want to fight. Would you, for example, have come down to the Legacy-WinterCo war ?

If so who would have called you ? And in being there wouldn’t you only have ended up being a 3rd party to shoot at ?

When Goons went up to Tribute … ?

Just a quick reminder, Eve is a sandbox game that supports multiple play styles. If you feel strongly about this, you can start doing it today - and nobody here can stop you. Now, your success here will depend a lot on your own skills, how charismatic are you? can you convince corporations/alliances in game to go along with this? I know you seem pretty convinced - but can you convince others to see the value in this?

I don’t have the necessary skill set to pull this off - so I wouldn’t even try. But you know yourself better than any of us do; if you want to pursue this goal then go for it. The only person that can prevent you from doing this - is you.

4 Likes

Why would you want peace between the great blocks? This is a game and war is the driving factor. Peace is bad.

3 Likes

CODE. is the UN in EvE online

3 Likes

Peace is bad. I agree. The ‘illusion’ of peace can be good.

For Example: If certain systems became less hostile, people would be encouraged to build their own star base. Pretty soon, lots of players would have their own star base or two, until we discover, there isn’t enough fuel to keep everything going. Then comes the fighting.

When people ‘think’ they are safe, that’s when they trade tank for max yield and when they haul through low/null semi-AFK. This would make New Eden a PvPers delight.

1 Like

#76 Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. ~ Rules of Acquisition

2 Likes

:laughing:
:joy:
:rofl:

1 Like

UN in eve sure they could be as useful in eve as in RL - cost a fortune to upkeep and the power of a powder puff at mardi gra.

1 Like

CODE. is already the United Nations of EVE.

2 Likes

Chribba could do such a thing.
You can’t. At least not out of the blue.
You’d be probably investing a year in social activities alone.

Unless I’m completely unaware of how famous you are,
you simply don’t have the social standing to make such a thing happen by yourself.

TL;DR:

Who are you and why would anyone care?

2 Likes

More likely to wonder (this being Eve) “what’s the scam ?”

5 Likes

Sounds like you found your niche. Your unique idea will remain valid until Test, Goons or Pl or Ph deem you a threat…then in spectacular ways they will undo you before you know you’ve been undone.