Update on Security of the Empire

Grief above and below, I’m glad someone finally answered my damn question.

1 Like

Wow all this back and forth. The slavers will never understand why we resist them and we will never accept the slavers’ phony god, religion or society. I’m all done with even trying to carry on civil discourse with them. Let’s just get down to the matter and settle this with fire and blood.

It would mean the death of civilization as we know it but hey, at least we’d finally have some form of “peace” and no more of these damned threads on the IGS!

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

This is rather demonstrably not true. It is, if anything, a growing religion. While not necessarily an evil, it is potentially destructive and harmful enough that it should never be dismissed as “we will never…”. The religion, the Rite, can potentially evolve and adjust itself to the reality of New Eden to the point of being capable of co-existence without eventually requiring violent subjugation, but until it does we need to be very aware of it and accept that it is insidious, it is the largest religion in New Eden, and it is spreading.

Well… I’m in. Is there like… a button? Do we just like… go? Is there a redder safety setting I’ve missed?

2 Likes

Happy New Year, allies from the Empire!

It was a difficult year, and I wish you to drown all these stupid rebels and blooders in their own blood in New Year, so nobody will dare to disturb the peace and order in the Empire and stay alive after that!

1 Like

Hardly. These sorts of “Purer than the pure” heretical movements are rarely wiped out in a single generation. Naming new heretical movements after important founding figures is pretty standard practice and doesn’t really signify anything beyond a recognition that “Well, this one seems to be something new.”

And @Melisma_Ramijozana, what we are seeing ranges from people simply using Samira as a convenient symbol to people considering her a prophetic saint who has a better understanding of divine will than the Empress or Theology Council.

3 Likes

Huh. That’s an… interesting twist of psyche. The desolate will as they will.

Regardless, thank you for the response.

1 Like

24 hours ago the Ghost of Kahah’s Raitaru completed its unanchoring process at roughly 9am on the 2nd January YC121, despite a attempted solitary defence of the structure by Mr Darkar SFRIM forces successfully confiscated the structure for impounding under Imperial law regarding heresy and illegal insurrection in support of terrorists and other rebellious factions on the surface of Thebeka III.

Khimi Harar believes this brings to a end to Mr Darkar’s operation within the system and demands he take’s himself to Republic space and cease interfering in the internal affairs of others.

May God be with us

Lord Lucas Raholan
SFRIM
Khimi Harar

1 Like

You stole an unanchoring Raitaru and call it “confiscation”? When they’re unanchored, there’s literally nothing left to investigate. It’s an egg of nano-assembly units and materials, nothing else. Every single one of them are exactly the same as all others. You stole a several hundred million ISK structure for fun and profit, more like. Be honest.

No one minds, it was all to be expected, it’s just getting weird and distasteful to start making up nonsense about it. None of you are enforcers of Imperial Law, and the capsuleer in question has complied with all laws regarding capsuleer activity in Thebeka, which in turn is governed by treaties and laws the Empire signed on to.

Capsuleers being petty thieves is no news, nor unexpected, but lying about it? Come on.

7 Likes

Well, technically, can’t they both confiscate and steal it? Confiscate because they’re at least in their mind enforcing Imperial law but also steal it because they have no legal authority over other capsuleers.

Also, it’s free real-estate. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Well, I mean they just now decided to declare Project Mekhios to be a ‘military installation’ just in time for them to come whore on PIRAT’s efforts, so it seems like they’re really keen on trying to invent excuses and justification for the things capsuleers do perfectly normally anyway. We’re at war - and they are the aggressors, funnily enough - so them coming to whore on its destruction is exactly what anyone would do but for some reason they insist on making up excuses and nonsense reasons to go back on previous arrangements.

1 Like

It’s, uh, like, the beginning of this very thread where local authorities call the Amarrian capsuleers in to “provide military and logistical aid”? I’d say they pretty much are enforcers of Amarrian law and policies now.

7 Likes

I am glad to hear that the law and order is returning back to the system.
Congratulations with the successful operation!

3 Likes

Providing voluntary aid and enforcing law are different things entirely and you know it.

Voluntary aid to return and enforce local order. Leave mincing words to people who actually know how to do it.

I am afraid your joy here is premature, which you would know if you had paid the least bit attention to who Ghosts of Kahah are and why they were leaving before you came in to gloat.

3 Likes

Okay.

Enforcing law and order in any way as capsuleers require a few things:

A set of laws in question, i.e. either the rules and regulations we live under as CONCORD creatures, or “Imperial Law” which is vaguely referred to in this instance. Now, that suddenly starts becoming a problem, because these two are mutually exclusive and capsuleers can’t enforce anything on anyone but other capsuleers… who are not subject to Imperial Law. (Exceptions exist, but primarily only as hirelings of various agents or freelance pirate hunting) None of us are, including their target and themselves.

So they enforce “Imperial Law”, (read: steal their ■■■■) on individual not subject to Imperial Law, while they themselves aren’t subject to Imperial Law.

No, that’s nonsense. Now, enforcing some Local Order can be viable. Capsuleers do this all the time, entirely within the legal frameworks we live under. Disruptive elements, competitors or otherwise unwanted entities can be waged war against and you can ‘enforce’ some order. If you have the strength for it. More importantly, it falls under the utterly vague and non-descript desires of the very first post in this thread. Which… as it turns out… does not in any shape, way or form ever mention endowing any capsuleers with any authority to enforce anything at all. Merely provide voluntary logistic and military support.

There has been no public statement that I can find that has in any way given the authority in question to anyone but the Order of St Tetrimon and the MiO. Capsuleers, at best, can be voluntary goons so far.

Not much different from what we’re doing in Thebeka, really.

I don’t know how you see yourself in Thebeka, but I consider my position fundamentally different to that of the Amarr loyalists.

They are here at the call of their government, helping enforce local legal order, acting completely in accordance to all proper pomp and procedure.

We must be content of our government’s willingness to overlook our presence and tell the Amarr where to stuff it when they question the Republic’s part. We still have to keep to the close dance at the very limits of the Yulai treaties regarding planetary operations.

But that’s ok. We are not here to restore status quo - we are having a rebellion.

4 Likes

Agreed… and yet, we’re doing it with no pretense of ‘enforcing Law’ or acting as governmental agents. We’re at best… volunteers and goons, doing what little we can within the legal framework we labor under and little more.

So yeah, I think we’re pretty much doing exactly what their loyalists are doing, because that’s exactly what they are doing. Just putting a lot of pretense on top of it.

Ghosts of Kahah - a rebel group, led by Armast Darkar, who is known for coordinating a terror attack on Kahah together with infamous group known as Ushra’Khan, which makes their activity in borders of Amarr Empire criminal.

Yes, I gloat when criminals like that are… “dunked”. And I don’t see anything bad in this. The less this scum has presence in lawful space, the better.

3 Likes

I would assume because the concept of trying to enforce any law but Amarrian (or CONCORD) law inside the Empire is ridiculous at best

2 Likes

It’s traditionally difficult to enforce the laws of a government over an entity recognized as existing in an extralegal space by that government.