Updates To Minimum OS Requirements For Mac Users

true, you may also just wait until they offer a hotfix

yes it did Desktop unkunde$ cd EVE\ Launcher.app/

good, so after pressing enter there, you are now ā€œinsideā€ the EVE Launcher.

type
ā€œcd Contents/MacOsā€ (enter)
type ā€œlsā€ and copy+paste the output

Unkundes-MacBook-Pro:MacOS unkunde$

was that the output from ā€œpwdā€ or ā€œlsā€? if from ā€œlsā€, can you copy+paste output from ā€œpwdā€?

pwd should now be like ā€¦EVE Launcher.App/Contents/MacOS

and ls shoudl give you ā€œevelauncherā€ as the content of that folder

Unkundes-MacBook-Pro:MacOS unkunde$ <ā€“is waht terminal shows now

ok

type
ā€œ./evelauncher -sā€

[warn] kq_init: detected broken kqueue; not using.: Undefined error: 0

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; ipcserver init failed .

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.dylib.

seems like its fukced up completely or the launche ru send me is a steam launcherā€¦i dont use steam for eve

oh trollololol . i just tried to open my steamā€¦get error message saying steam is not optimized for my OSā€¦and now.it wont even do that anymoreā€¦just deosnt start at all ā€¦man i haaaaate this high sierra crapā€¦

I think I may have thought of what may be the login screen problemā€¦
This is just a launcher, right? Distinct from the full game data? Since I only ever had the game installed through Steam, not through the independent launcher, maybe the login screen canā€™t open right because the full game data doesnā€™t exist in the location/version it needs? The old launcher doesnā€™t download or install anything. (At least not visibly)

oh boy FML steam is not supported by sierra due to being 32bitā€¦ā– ā– ā– ā–  this man, thx ccp for forcing me to upgrade to an OS i never wanted to use. now i cant play EVE and NO steam launcher anymoreā€¦arrrghhhhhhhh or better ā– ā– ā– ā–  apple, for forcing new OS and give companies no time to adjust. theres a reason steve jobbs died of cancerā€¦its called karma :smiley:

Yes this sounds like it could be. Iā€™d be tempted to find out how and where Steams stores this stuff, then crank everything from the downloaded Launcher into the appropriate parts of the Steam folder structureā€¦ BUT this could just as likely make things worse.

Why log in via Steam and not just the regular Launcher btw?

There are also some independant EVE Launchers on github, but I never tried any of those out. They also work from the Terminal, need neither Steam nor the EVE Launcher, but I canā€™t really make any recommendations

wait Steam is still 32 bit? wtf

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/2/3211505894113324281/

this thread is from april, they should have published a 64 bit client for osx in end of july or so

delted old client, downloaded new clinetā€¦nope no worky at allā€¦

oh suddenly steam opened by itself, just took it 10 min to load or something ā€¦man thats weird.

Unkundes-MacBook-Pro:MacOS unkunde$ ./evelauncher -s

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; no appID found.

Either launch the game from Steam, or put the file steam_appid.txt containing the correct appID in your game folder.

is what i get now when i use ./evelauncher -s, while steam is running

This is weirdā€¦ I thought moving the old launcher into the steam directory sounded like a good idea, but in terminal, when I am in Application Support, it canā€™t see the Steam directory when I enter ls. :thinking:

Aaaaand I just now realize that wouldnā€™t work anyway for other reasonsā€¦ But itā€™s still weird? Terminal canā€™t see the steam directory?