Upgradeable personal WH

Sure it is… so long as he can defend it.

Oh come on, you know what he wants. He’s even OK with it being unable to generate any ISK or materials that affect the rest of the game. Stop being intentionally obtuse.

So long as it didn’t affect anything else and was purely cosmetic for that person alone, I see no issue beyond Dev time… Which, lets be honest, would take no real time at all since you could use all the stuff available to the game right now with a cut/paste to give it a new name.

1 Like

He would also probably have to still buy stuff from the market while generating nothing in his hole because you still need ships, modules, ammo and anything else really. It’s like a private instance where you can’t really lose anything but also strictly can’t gain anything.

Rats with no bounty, no standing affiliation, no loot table, no salvage table. Ore than can’t be used for anything in belts. Signature with no loot if CCP wanted to.

The real issue is the DEV time to make it vs how many people would pay to play that EVE.

I personally have no issue with someone who’s willing to throw sub money at CCP just so they can play in their own useless system and have a blast because that’s what they want to do.

While I am admittedly and unrepentantly a straight up carebear, I would enjoy the feature and use it for myself and likely as a gathering point for my corp for various things.

The fact that it would cost ISK and materials but generate none actually makes it a benefit to the game over all.

Not every single feature has to cater to the PvP crowd. Once upon a time this was meant to be an MMORPG.

1 Like

You are playing the wrong game.

You are not allowed to have an effect on other players game without their having a chance to influence yours.

Sorry, either accept what this game is or move on.

No. As in absolutely zero ISK making, resource generating, etc. system. In fact, this already exists and it is called Singularity. Go log in there with your buddies and build, build, build. You cannot port any of that over to Tranquilty…as it should be.

So, again…no.

Yes it is called Singularity. It already exists, so no.

While true, he earlier accepted the point that the PWH should not generate anything useful outside of it.

With that in mind, the concept is nothing but good for the game— it sinks ISK and materials while generating none, satisfies the tastes of perhaps the largest player group, and is otherwise harmless.

1 Like

How do you figure that? That people can run there and avoid the rest of the game? That is totally antithetical to the game.

Further, this already exists, it is called the Singularity server, go play there. No need to wast Dev time with this.

I realize you don’t grok the concept of people who play without the need to make other people explode…

but seriously, where is the harm?

It sinks ISK and Materials while generating none. Worst case scenario they are equivalent to your beloved Cloaked Campers as they do nothing but take up space in perfect safety.

1 Like

Now that is absolutely wrong statement. I do not suggest to eliminate players from the game. Suggestion is not about locking players in unbreakable sand castles, they still go out and can ambush you… or anyone else. And also being ambushed doing so. Normal modus operandi would be sleep in your home and go play outside. On a new, random place (as any WH) but with warm feeling of yours and only yours home waitng you out there.

Any WH can be invaded / sieged any time, so even if you can defend it, it is still not safe. And Singularity is no go for obvios reasons - I do not want to remove players from Tranquility, I want to give them what they wanted for a long time but could not have.

No matter how you limit this, it still feels like something that shouldn’t be in Eve. The whole idea of Eve is that we all play on the same server, with no instancing or sharding to limit others from interacting with you. If you want your home-base, you should be ready to defend it from other players.

1 Like

This is basically being docked in a station, except you spend ISK and Materials on it and it has no market connections.

Again, having a safe place to run back to is anti-thetical to the nature of this game. Your actions should have consequences which include things like suspect timer, kill rights, etc. Your suggest is just flat out wrong for the game. But now, you can go out, engage others and then run back where they can’t engage you.

But in effect that is precisely what you are doing. Once you go into your own little bubble world you are in effect cut off from Tranquility while in there.

Indeed because it runs totally contrary to the philosophy of the game.

Agreed.

Agreed again.

In EVE there are very, very few “safe places”. And even in those “safe places” you can still get into trouble when interacting with others. For example, there are a number of scams that take place inside stations.

No, this is just a bad idea. Especially considering that one thing that appears to keep people subscribed is interaction with other players.

Even when docked you can interact with others. Others can interact with you. Here you want to cut that off entirely. Player-on-player interaction is what makes EVE unique and keeps people subbed.

-1 to the entire idea.

Again, having a safe place to run back to is anti-thetical to the nature of this game. Your actions should have consequences which include things like suspect timer, kill rights, etc. Your suggest is just flat out wrong for the game. But now, you can go out, engage others and then run back where they can’t engage you.

Except you could just activate a cloak in the exact circumstance and be safer than he suggests.

If you want your home-base, you should be ready to defend it from other players.

This is inherent to his suggestion already, in that you must keep it’s location secret. You can be scanned down to the entrance, and are vulnerable upon entering normal space once again. Again, this is no different from being docked in a station except it costs money and does not provide services—though I imagine most would be able to activated with upgrades.

Your arguments here reflect exactly my issues with cloaks, except it’s not your playstyle so therefore it’s not OK anymore. Oh, and it sinks ISK and Materials, and caters to one of the largest playstyles.

1 Like

Yes, an do literally nothing. See the problem. He wants his own personal play ground so he can amuse himself while he waits out the consequences of his actions. With a cloak I have to go to a safe and activate my cloak…then do nothing or else I risk losing that protection.

Oh…so your notion of an attack is being camped into your personal play ground.

Here is how the personal play ground should work.

You enter and exit via a pod. So you take nothing with you either way.
No ability to open the market window or anything else that is connected to tranquility.

There you go. You can go to your personal safe place…and sit there in a pod. Much like that cloaked guy is sitting and doing nothing under his cloak.

Yes, an do literally nothing. See the problem. He wants his own personal play ground so he can amuse himself while he waits out the consequences of his actions. With a cloak I have to go to a safe and activate my cloak…then do nothing or else I risk losing that protection.

Ignoring the bulk of the people interested in doing this wouldn’t the sort to acquire timers that need to be waited out… How is this a problem?

With a cloak he could be scouting, gathering intel, setting up his next gank attempt, or just chatting in local. It’s not as if the cloak locks out your controls. All of that is as close to risk free with a cloak as to be virtually zero risk.

in a PWH he would be able to play with his own personal stuff with no other impact on the game whatsoever— and depending on the mechanics might not even be able to access the gate to get there while one of the timers that prevent you from docking or jumping are active as well, rendering your point moot.

1 Like

They still interact with others though, even if it is just through the market and going out and gathering resources that deplete, at least for a time.

Setting up a feature that drives interaction to zero is not a good way to retain players. The whole idea of this game is one universe (server) where we all interact to varying degrees based on our choices. This choice basically says, “Absolutely no interaction.” That will not, IMO, be healthy for the game.

You can’t scout or gather intel while cloaked at a safe.

Yes, that precisely is the problem. You have articulated my issue with this “feature” perfectly. Thank you. You see this as a Good Thing™ whereas I see it as a Bad Thing™. The issue is that we have a fundamental disagreement about what this game is. You think it is/should be:

• I can do whatever I want…and nobody should stop me.

While I think it is/should be:

• I can do whatever I want, but others may decide to interact with me, both cooperatively and non-cooperatively, and that’s okay.

It is the second part that separates us and why we will never agree on this.

My Little Wormhole? :stuck_out_tongue: