Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

'The fire in our hearts burns for salvation, redemption, and grace."

Frankly, I just got really upset at the Amarr using God’s Will to justify their abuses. If you read through the Scriptures, past thousands of years of the Amarr alterations to justify their avarice and pride and arrogance, one can see God’s Light and Will shining out. Not even the Amarr can extinguish His Light from the Heavens, for they are nothing next to him.

We are all called to embrace Him with love and devotion as we are to embrace our fellow man with love and care. We are called to lift up the downtrodden, to bring hope to the hopeless, to provide succor to all. Slavery and oppression no more cultivates the Spirit of Man than participating in orgies improves my chastity.

6 Likes

I have far more respect for you Pilot Vellastraan (and also Samira Kernher) than all of the so-called True Amarr and their loyalist organizations combined.

I don’t believe in your deity but I admire your devotion and your willingness to call out the imperial orthodoxy for their crimes against humanity.

5 Likes

I say it shortly… I love Ms. Vellasrtaan

1 Like

Thank you, Ms. Rella. And I don’t just call out the Amarr Empire for their crimes against humanity, but their crimes against God. Indeed, I would find a hard time, if possibly an impossible time, separating the two.

1 Like

I must say, I like Ms.Vellastraan’s interpretation of God far more then I ever liked the Amarr one.

4 Likes

I’ve had this very same thought.

1 Like

O nly the things that belong can stay
F or in this matter, Elsebeth has her way
F ar be it from me, her to gain-say
|
T his is the place she says we should play
O ther topics are allowed to stay
P ristine in their individual way
I ncreasing the chance of finding needle in hay
C omplete now this silly bit is. Hooray!

9 Likes

One certainly wonders about PIE’s ability to keep its ground forces resupplied on Thebeka III without any major structures to base out of around the planet.

Blockade runners perhaps? The MIO is no longer present to blockade rebel-sympathetic structures and rebels have two if not three structures supporting their efforts directly.

Maintaining combat effectiveness on the surface must be challenging. In fact, as I last checked, there are no Aegis Militia, Khimi Harar or PIE structures in the entire system aside from scattered mobile depot platforms.

In other words, it seems the rebels have significant orbital assets while loyalists have none. Could this mean the rebels are also better supplied?

Or is it that the Angel Cartel structures are smuggling weapons and contraband on behalf of PIE and beneath the noses of the Zaibatsu inspectors?

Perhaps news of PIE movements on Thebeka III are simply propaganda.

So many questions.

3 Likes

They are friendly with local forces. They could be using Empire resources. I don’t know exactly how they are but it seems to be a possibility.

1 Like

A possibility to be sure. Though, it goes to show how much of their own assets they are willing to risk for God, Empress and Empire.

But perhaps you are right that Empress Catiz or Arim Ardishapur are footing the bill on their behalf in terms of munitions, food, medicine and other war materials.

At least in Alkabsi, House Newelle does have a structure in orbit. It lends some credence to their after action reports in that they risk significant assets to maintain a somewhat constant presence above the planet.

PIE on the other hand, does not.

2 Likes

Even if it’s not material aid, having them land at military installations and deploy from there would be a major help for them.

1 Like

As Deitra said, we are friendly forces working in Imperial Territory. There isn’t a blockade for us to run.

And we are certainly footing our own bills.

7 Likes

So, it’s a lot easier to walk in the front door invited than to break a window and sneak in. By D+2, I would say that Imperial forces had Alkabsi on lock. I know my LAAD lads (something which will never not be a fun nickname) were bored stiff.

Also, PIE forces don’t need blockade runners to resupply on the ground because the blockade lets them through. Really, you never struck me as dumb. It’s a whole darn world, with industry and people and local forces, armories, supply depots, and the like. My tail had a hard enough time with resupply because we were mostly in the middle of bleeding nowhere. I imagine PIE’s troops can walk in the local Guns’R’Us and get some more ammo.

I suddenly feel the need to publish “Ground War Basics for Capsuleers,” but that would violate rule 17. ‘Never Interrupt Your Enemy When He is Making a Mistake.’

Didn’t you at least do a little bit of prep work for your invasion attempt of Kahah III?

2 Likes

I’m not making any mistakes on the ground because The Ghosts of Kahah have no forces there. I simply raised a few questions and they have been answered.

Unfortunately, there is very little in the way of means to forcing PIE out into space in Thebeka, so I have to make inquiries in this forum.

1 Like

“God, grant me the courage to change the things I can, the serenity to accept the things I cannot, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
I’m still working on the serenity and wisdom part. Presumably I’ll acquire them before my head is lopped off by Lady Newelle.

1 Like

They were invited by the local authorities.

You are new, so you probably do not even realize how unprecedented that is, but it is exactly that.

PIE have the support of local stations, orbital control, planetary resupply resources, and government communications. We have what we can do inside Yulai Accords and by very spotty high-orbit drops. They can land new armies. We can barely talk to ours.

If you are looking for a fair fight, you are in the wrong system.

Else
Quite tired by now

8 Likes

I assure you nothing is being smuggled under our noses. We’re searching every inch of these freeports and we’ve yet to find anything that suggests foulplay is afoot.

Then again, we are just now finally getting to the freeport’s warehouse to dig though. As mentioned in a previous update of mine I had the warehouses watched and under guard while we investigated other parts of the freeports first. No one gets in, no one gets out.

1 Like

One of the most effective things to help with that is to take some instant coffee and put it in your lip, like chewing tobacco. It will help keep you awake.

1 Like

There’s boosters for that these days, you know?

3 Likes

The problem with Crash is that you tend to, well, crash. Besides, combat stims are for real emergencies.

1 Like