Vanguard first impression

I have no idea what these people who are raving about great performance are doing. This game averages like 7-10 FPS on a 2060 and maybe 20-25 on a 4080 with all low settings and a tiny windowed resolution. Either they’re not noticing the slideshow and think this is normal, or this thing is so un-optimized that there could be 300% differences in performance between similar hardware builds. I can get 40 FPS in Cyberpunk using a 980 from 7 years ago, and Vanguard doesn’t look even 5% as good.

This shouldn’t have been announced in its current state, let alone put out for an “event” with EVE in-game rewards attached to it. I think that CCP is just trying to cash in on the extraction craze that Tarkov and Dark and Darker have started. But by the time this game is actually ready to play in 2-3 years, that’s not going to be the “hot thing” anymore.

Watch, I bet CCP’s going to start monetizing this thing out the ass in a month. They’re likely fully aware that they’ve got a very limited amount of time to sell some $300 “founder packs” after watching The Day Before flop so badly.

Probably someone who doesn’t play FPS games?

This isn’t even the weirdest request I’ve seen from casual players. For example, one time some dude was begging PS2 devs to let him bind controls to his steering wheel because “mice and keyboards are for entering data and not video games.” Another time some boomer was asking how to make his mouse “not so fast” in Payday 2. He already had sensitivity on the lowest setting everywhere, and over voice you could hear him bang-swiping his mouse over the entire desktop surface (his character made about 15-degree turns with each massive swipe). People be weird sometimes.

3 Likes