Version 18.05 - Feedback and Known Issues (Mac)

Thanks for this - my settings almost matched - I had logging on though.
Didn’t know about the shared cache - tried that and even validated the files - that took ages.

Unfortunately still not able to fly around

that sucks. i didnt do a clean install. i just downloaded the installer and reinstalled. Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 12.25.47 PM

Two big issues:

The first is general poor performance that I don’t expect given my machine specs.

Second is the following unexpected behavior when multiboxing:

1. Run two instances of windowed clients, let’s label them account A and account B
  2. Command-tab to switch from account A to account B
  3. Attempt to type something either in the ‘search new eden’ box or in a channel
  4. Expected behavior is to see words appear
  5. What actually happens is that the client behaves like there are sticky keys
    E.g. I switch from A to B and once in B, I click on the ‘search new eden’ field. In there I attempt to type ‘mista’. The client interprets that first letter ‘m’ as Alt-m and opens the agency window.

Switching back to account A and then to account B again resolves the issue.

Running it on:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,1
Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 16 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 32 GB

GPU:
8GB AMD Radeon Pro 5500M

1 Like

I never check the ‘‘download everything’’ box.

Can i have a link for an older version ofbthe launcher, pls ???, pls !!!

Has anyone had any luck with the new launcher update.
It’s made no difference for me -

ALSO - tried using the dev options and all the previous versions of wine listed - all that did was completely screw the app - I couldn’t log on - so I had to do yet another clean install to get running.

I’m thinking it was a mistake to re-install.

Just collecting some logs to add to a support ticket.

Just like 3 or 4 days ago, I can undock only if I activate something that does not have 3D models such as shiptree or full screen maps, if I do not, the screen will be completely black with the mouse cursor. When I get to undock the game only shows things in 2d, not 3d models … very strange my dear Watson :face_with_monocle:

Good luck with that support ticket. Mine is sitting unanswered (not even a comment) since 6 days.

CCP, can you please let us know more when the world audio issue will be fixed? I lost an expensive ship because I did not hear that it de-cloaked and when I realised was too late cause I was being targeted, webbed, scrambled and killed.

Many of us rely on these world effects to fly our ships… and this issue became a painful one. :unamused:

2 Likes

@CCP_Aurora Do you have an update for us? Any further info that we can provide?

Same problems with the Singularity build. Just black screen, no ability to even chose a character. Also still no response to my support ticket.

There’s a workaround for black screens:

Smash ESC repeatedly. That should bring up the settings and afterwards also what you’re used to seeing.

I also did a complete reinstall before, so if you can’t undock, try doing that, too.

To add to this, we’ve been looking into the issue and it seems to be a problem with the intro movie. Hitting escape closes that movie and then everything else seems to work fine.

We’re working on a fix for that but this workaround should hopefully work for you guys in the meantime.

1 Like

Is anyone having problems with the frame rate.

I can get the game running - and it’s fine in station - 30 to 50 fps) but when I undock the frame rate drops to less than ONE FPS (actually about 0.32fps) - stays the same when I re-dock -so have to logout - there’s no way I’m going to be travelling anywhere.

I’m running an old macbook -
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)
osx 10.12.6
2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
16gb ram
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

It worked fine until the patch - had to drop the graphic quality a bit - but still had missiles etc zooming around

Also experienced client freeze when multiboxing. Then realised that with both clients running in windowed mode, if you click on the window bar, and then drag it a bit away and back makes the client unfreeze. Could be the same issue as when pressing command + tab. If the client was just running on its own and you simply click the title bar, it would freeze. Drag away and back and it works.

Any solution in sight? Still no 3D models visible at all on my Mac.

Pls any solutions to have a client can work with mac osx 10.11, at least to play project discovery and can chat with frienbs !! It is loud for a chat soft, but if it is the only solution , i take it !! :sob::sob:

Pressing ESC repeatedly does nothing to fix my environment. Turning the intro movie back on, restarting, and hitting escape during the intro movie and then logging on also just brings me back to the black screen. Still almost useless. Can’t undock. Can’t adjust market orders…

Did you already try completely reinstalling the client (not just the launcher and wine)?

Three clean installs - still not able to fly
Have put in a support ticket a few days ago - supplied logs and screen shots - nothing back yet from tech support.
I’m getting fed up of Project Discovery now ! !

I’ hoping that this will be fixed soon.

@CCP People - is there anything we can do to help / test / supply info etc