Version 18.05 - General Feedback

None can know the intentions of the Collective beyond the Collective themselves.
–We have reviewed the situation regarding the Inaya and Aldik systems and can report that the feature is working as intended. We acknowledge that the in-game messaging about potential states of the Invasion can be made clearer. Rest assured that the team is working on a solution.

5 Likes

Thanks you so much for just spitting in the faces of every pro trig sided player.

5 Likes

what’s the point of teasing an expansion with meaningful consequences if those consequences don’t actually exist? to waste players’ time and take a big steaming dump on their efforts?

4 Likes

I do hope you can do better than this. Otherwise the potential for lasting map changes is going to be wasted as the pro-Trig side gives up because they apparently can’t win.

4 Likes

None can know the intentions of the Collective beyond the Collective themselves.

…and CCP. EVE remains a game, and this (I believe) is bad game design - what are we supposed to do? Every pro-trig player is bummed out now because nothing is happening, and EDENCOM is apparently winning. Uncool

5 Likes

It took me a while to write this respond: needed some time to find most kind words i´m cabaple to.

So, the intention of Trigs was to “return back to lost home”, right? And their plan is to invade systems, claim them from empires, right? And what do we have?
Let´s assume that everything is working as intended. After they invade a system and start a Stellar Reconnaissance stage, they conquer a system… then they abandon all their progress and supporters (which were many) without even trying to start Liminality stages and run, while alerting the entire EVE about their intentions and allowing EDENCOM to fortify other systems? Which means that if they will return in future they already have an enemy ready for them + less systems to invade.

If that would be a movie script i would have only one question: who wrote this? This script is a crime against humanity. That could be expected from some totaly unexperienced worker during his 1st day at workplace or from someone who just wants to spit others in the face.

But this is not a movie, this is a design of an ingame event, which makes this even more horrifying, i suppose. The fact that progression stages are working perfectly for one side and are simply gone for the other side looks like someone screwed something up in game code. And therefore the answer “None can know the intentions of the Collective…” looks pretty much like “Danny kinda forgot about the Iron fleet”. If you didn´t watch Game of Thrones - ask those who did it and they will tell you that this phrase became a meme for how disgustingly lazy showrunners tried to explain that absolute trainwreck of a plot for last season of the show.

So, my point is: either you guys released a content full of some critical bugs (which is nothing new) and are giving the absolutely insulting explanation possible, or the team who pushed for this event, which so far ends in a most anticlimatic way, needs to get some motivation in form of one-way tickets to Gulag or this is absolutely one-sided event so far and you, CCP folks, are totaly siding with high-sec krabs.

And tbh i dont know what is worse.

P.S. And i´m not even bringing up those hours that trig fans have spended on absolutely nothing but watching their rivals to progress in other systems.

5 Likes

:red_circle: When will NPC factions deny docking access to characters with Triglavian standing?

12 Likes

There still might be map changes as EdenCom raises some systems from low to high.

Maybe :psyccp:

2 Likes

I was wondering that too, spent ages looking for those sites, didn’t find any, guess i’ll need to find something else to do. Modern Warfare anyone?

1 Like

@Daro_Mozu

I really understood, that you are fed up and want some real action, but technical side wise, do you realisied what technical difficulties a big invasion (and we talk about 10k ships) invading space is needed without tidi ?

I dont know, if that is possible, but if, then you do i think possible wish, that this is not going to happen.

I dont know, what the engineers at ccp doing in the background, but if they do, maybe in the future (currently the players are going to gain up standings to Trigs or not) - and additional standings. While developing (and this takes seriously time and a lot of costs), that event.

And maybe you think about the costs, what ccp has to occour all the time, - and yes, you may saying now, that ccp is getting TOO much money, and they are just all some fleabags, hanging around, doing nothing.

But if you do know it better, why dont you program that all yourself ?

Greetings and enjoy - being a dick, hanging around and spitting words of not knowing technical difficulties.

Maybe here some arataka research consortium flower for ya !

1 Like

@Prospektor_Schipplock

Not sure what technical difficulties have to do with what i wrote. I do understand that this will never going to happen (since 1500 players can´t fight in the same system without TIDIing it into oblivion), unless you are talking about npc-ships as well. Yet still your words make no sence since i wrote about something else which has nothing to do with technical difficulties of implementing Trig invasion.

Nowhere in my post did i write about “CCP having too much money and sitting on their asses, doing nothig”, not entirely sure where did you pull that from. I did write about them screwing up this specific invasion to the point that Trig side is astonished by what´s going on.

Just to be clear: i totaly accept “technical aspect” and wish CCP only success in solving technical problems, but according to them:

So yeah, next time come up with something that makes sence in context to initial post.

3 Likes

Do the systems in question have blue stars? Guess not :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Keeping this “the list from the scope video” in mind makes sense of CCP’s reply. If you want to get further focus on fighting in the right systems.

If this is the solution, kudos to CCP for best troll of the year. :smiley:

2 Likes

Not realy. What does a preference for a certain type of stars (which was only for highsec btw, lowsec graph was different) mean?

That Trigs are much likely to invade certain highsec systems?

Or that Trigs will invade any system, wait untill system will be conquered for them and THEN realize “oh ■■■■. Wrong star, folks, we kinda forgot to check star type, let´s bail outa here”?

Pls can someone tell Trigs that Iosantin got wrong star type? You know, to make stop wasting time there, i guess… I mean: Iosantin is still in contested stage, necessity of checking star type just slipped Trigs minds, i suppose…

4 Likes

Sounds plausible.

3 Likes

Guess sending 1-2 frigs to check star type before starting the invasion and sacrificing hundreds/thousands of their brothers and sisters is way beyond their reckoning.

3 Likes

Sounds are missing e.g. missile fire & explosions apart from very occasionally

1 Like

Honestly I 've gone from major eve enthuasist to someone who completely hates what they’ve done. You should strongly consider getting off this highly questionable festering pile of poo before you give them another dime.

2 Likes

You can check the star type from millions of light years away with real world technology so it seems likely they have this information.

2 Likes

Awesome. Keep it coming, can’t wait to see how this plays out!

I played again today, a few hours ago. There were no sounds in weaponry, engine/microwarp and warping to locations were missing sounds from time to time.

I also did some ratting, and there were no alarms what so ever. This is ■■■■■■■ tedious and clearly effects peoples gameplay. If CCP wont fix this withing the next few days, lets say a week, they WILL lose players. And I mean Alpha players, who are still thinking that should they upgrade to Omega. If this is what we get from updates, why would you pay any money?

1 Like