Version 18.06 - General Feedback

I posted a thread over in the general forums about this issue, but to summarize it for this thread: the invasion is good, but it needs a better sense of scale.

People die all the time in New Eden, but habitable planets are another matter entirely. The Seyllin disaster had the Empires accepting aid from the Angel Cartel, for frak’s sake; extinction-level events caused by a system’s sun darkening should have the Empires on a total war footing!

CCP, I don’t expect you to create models and mechanics for Iapetan Titans just to make this event seem more serious, but you could at least try and convey that the Empires are throwing everything they have at the Triglavians when habitable worlds are on the line!

4 Likes

Not sure if it’s this update, or just a general problem, but I have a pretty serious issue. I literally can’t see or do anything.

:red_circle: The Fortress/Final Loom lists in the Agency really need to be sorted alphabetically. It is already getting really annoying to sift through 16 fortress systems to see if a system that just disappeared from Recon has maybe made it to Fortress.
What this list also needs are collapsible category headers, preferably by region or by star type. Since more systems are going to switch to either side over the course of time, the lists will become unhealthily cluttered. Moreover, knowing CCP’s impeccable track-record for performance optimization, loading these lists will soon begin to lag and freeze clients.
And what is missing completely is the list of minor victory systems. It is not clear at all which systems were a minor victory as they just vanish from the Recon list. I just set destination to Sasiekko and Paye and the Route menu tells me these systems are still invaded. I did the same to the low sec system Altbrard and it is not marked as still invaded, even though it disappeared as minor victory from the list. Noranim, however, which also disappeared from the Recon list as minor victory, even though it is a low sec system. There is no system behind it. Thus a list of minor victory systems is clearly needed.

4 Likes

:red_circle: How can I actually gain standings with Edencom? I have been in 3 invasions so far, I have destroyed countless Trigs, spent over 30 hours in these systems, shooting and destroying trig ships but I am still at 0.01. Will I never get anywhere with my standings as long as I do not manage to shoot at one of these dreadnoughts in the final push sites?

4 Likes

It also needs an ESI pull opportunity that also has minor victories listed. :psyccp:

This was confirmed to be a bug/mistake by CCP Sledgehammer on the EDI Discord earlier. Will be fixered soon.

1 Like

Update the player base on Win7/MacOS as to the sound issue please. Even if it’s an acknowledgement that it’s “still be worked on” At least that gives the player base some level of expectation… Rather than just the stone cold silence that we’ve had for the last 3 weeks /notapun

True. The map still shows them all as invaded.

2 Likes

:red_circle: Oh nice, thank you. Even the old map has this filter. I am positively impressed.

1 Like

Allways nice talking to CCP Customer support - sometimes i even get a really good laugh out of it.
red

:hearts:

8 Likes

I think it would be pretty dandy to have a % indicator for the warp vector.

1 Like

So just completed the escalation from the upwell sites (EdenCom Headquarters) and it spawned a subsequent escalation versus the trigs… is this correct ? escalation potentially has multiple escalations ?

This is with no doubt the worst implemented release of new ships/modules/ammo/skillbooks/blueprints ever in the history of eve.

The new project discovery should also continue from where the previous one left off, not reset the whole thing to 0.

…and urgently remove the red dots! But since ccp never fail to fail and never fail to disappoint, i’m sure ccp’s chosen solution will be to make the dots 16x larger, blinking with no option to switch that off, and if not given attention every 2 seconds they will start sliding randomly across the screen like in the 1970’s game “Pong”.

9 Likes

Turret tracking on the Swarm Overmind 2102 seems a bit strange - it’s 60.0 which is waaay higher than anything else on a drone battleship. Was this a typo?

Garth

1 Like

Congrats on a great patch CCP, back to Elite, unsubbed, and might come back when you get your ■■■■ together

4 Likes

CCP should never do a multi-expansion series (eg. Trig Trilogy) ever again… it commits then to shittery instead of letting them compensate for one bad release with a good one, or undo the mistakes of a previous release, rather than undergo several consecutive bad releases for which they’ve committed themselves in advance.

4 Likes

Don’t bother, you’ll just flounce off in a huffy-fit again next time Eve does something you personally don’t care for…

P.S. Can I have your stuff ?

1 Like

If this is still a problem, try verifying the files:
Click on the E in the upper right corner of the Launcher > Shared Cache > Verify button

Remember to give me your isk

You all need to grow up. Fact is that is the only voice most players have. Yes I am more vocal about it than most, but other than the few forum trolls who will jump on anyone having anything constructive to say about what is actually happening, there is likely to be a lot of nodding heads. Well I’m going to make a few shake here. Yes I can and will unsub from the game, and likely stop playing for quite awhile. All this while periodically looking at patch notes, events and the like. If the time comes when it becomes obvious that CCP will fix their stuff, they deserve another chance to prove that long term. If they can not, then 3 months or so down the road, I will log in long enough to sell items and leave for good. The only difference between me and most, is I’m actually willing to admit that yes I will give the company another chance, slim as it is. Elite Dangerous did a major ship release at about the same time, without all the login events and all that hype just to screw over players, and has enjoyed the fruits of that with increased logins over the past few weeks, anticipation built, release came, and the biggest issue was server lag due to higher traffic on patch day. Seems someone got it right.

5 Likes