Version 18.09 - General Feedback

umm … you will carry 10 to 30 bill and dont use scouts?
it sucks and it would be ok to hve DST size but … we cant choose …

JuuR

Ok, so, scouts, right? Scouts are gonna see the cloaked interdictor in a WH, when he’s not in local? They’re gonna spot the other cloaked ships, too?

Scouts are awesome, but they’re not a panacea, and sometimes, you have to go through someone else’s hole to get stuff from k-space back to your system.

Reduce the price on the core as they are ridiculously over price for what it cost for the structure it self and serve no purpose whatsoever
#ripoff

will agree it shouldn’t take much to make the price of the cores alter to fit the prices of the structures since ya as is unless a boom happens to make people buy structures it will not match price wise any time soon since i am betting in the next month prices of all structures will crash again and they had just got semi stable as is

1 Like

:red_circle:

Good god, no! With that attitude I will have to spend the rest of my life trying to convince people to stop introducing stupid garbage and then be “glad” that they fixed their stupid garbage. Your and Brisc’s attitude are contributing reasons why CCP keeps doing stupid stuff like that and we and they – despite CCP always claiming how scarce and precious their dev time is – have to waste time “fixing” this stupid garbage. It doesn’t stop with the red dot. Rorquals were stupid garbage and they still have not fixed them, they have only ruined everything else to alleviate the issues. Structures are also stupid garbage and they are still not fixed, they just get worse and worse for particular groups while the real issues won’t be solved. I can go on and on… The red dot is merely the drop that made the barrel burst.

Accepting the “win” graciously is total rubbish and will not lead to any improvements in their development practices.

What I will say, however, is that I am happy to see that CCP was thorough with the introduced “fixes”. I was worried that

Fixed an issue with inventory badges - Players should no longer see an inventory badge whilst their inventory is open and they gain new items

meant the respective inventory had to be focused and that I would still get the red dot when I use Loot All or drag single items from a exploration container on my cargo. This is not the case and thus most, if not all, of my issues with the red dot are gone for now. If this thoroughness spills over into other areas of EVE, we will have a much better game to play in due time. Despite my very negative attitude and attested toxicity, I would love nothing more than to see this happen. :wink:

I hope it does. Because then kids have less to whine about since the cost of the structure has dropped down to an affordable and cheap price that the Quantum Core itself should be negligible.

as is the cores are at least double the price of half the structures

well … if you go thrue a other guys WH then its allways a risk but if you think you need to do that you will do it …

in your own WH you know who is there i guess … your guys life there … they go ratting … roll holes … exploration is also a thing … PI … you need to know who is there if not you are dead

but yea … there is a risk in the end … as allways … DST size for the core would have been enough …

JuuR

#NoPoors

No, you’d have to spend the rest of your life acknowledging that when Group A screws something up, and Group B works to mitigate it somewhat, then Group B has done a good thing and you should appreciate that someone was willing to put time and effort into doing it.

Because just being a total prick about it, like you are? That’s not gonna lead to any improvements in development practices, either. If anything, you’re going to foster negative reactions. You’re going to make them more likely to decide ‘well, screw that guy, we’ll do crap just to piss him off’ than ‘we’d better do X so it doesn’t make people upset’.

Being a dick doesn’t get problems addressed unless you demonstrate that you’re more than just a dick. And you? You aren’t.

LOL. No you don’t. If you think that, you shouldn’t live in j-space. And no, CCP clearly didn’t want people MJDing away with the keepstar cores, or moving them into wormholes half a dozen at a time.

and JFC, your name is at the top of your post, you don’t have to sign that crap.

well you better know or you are dead … at least thats what i know this guys who life there are doing
if you have 6 XL size strucktures in you WH you maybe have different problems to think about … if you have 6 L size strucktures you just wait for a good exit … grab the stuff in the system where the exit is and bring it with a DST one by one … shouldnt be that hard and its rather secretly … so i cant see the problem … if you only have M size then you dont habe the problem at all … 6 cores fit in a BR …

if i sign or not is not your thing to think about

JuuR

:red_circle:

Considering that I contribute more solution suggestion to the issues than most other people, you included, including ways to make the red dot actually useful as badge to mark damaged modules in your hangar or to mark containers with content, your assessment of being just a dick is missing the point entirely.

With your observation that being a dick or incompetent leads to fostering negative reactions, you are spot on. I have tried for years being nice and tell CCP in a nice way how they screw up, and they just keep screwing up. I am beyond being nice as being nice does not achieve anything.

I have not tired to tell CCP to fix the red dot since it was introduced. For that I am being called a prick because I do not stroke someone’s ego to make them correct their obvious mistakes.
I will consider appreciating Group B’s efforts more if they put their effort into solving actual issues and not dumb design mistakes from some kid that thinks red dots are beneficial to the game. As said above, the CSM and CCP wasted their time with trying to come up with fixes to these red dots, all the while CCP never tires to stress just limited their resources and dev time are. Karkur or whoever worked on these red dot fixes could have used that time to fix a number of issues raised in the Little Things topic instead. But whoever worked on these “fixes” had no time to do so thanks to the red dot fixes.

As you can see in my first post here, I will openly and vocally appreciate any good work that good developers put into EVE. This patch has a number of really interesting improvement and it could have been a number more.

:red_circle: I did not see anything about it in the Patch Notes: Did CCP fix the autopilot behavior? I just set my route from Amarr to Jita and “Prefer Safer” now observes that setting and sends me around Niarja instead of through Niarja. Great. :slight_smile: Although other people report that Prefer Safer still moves them through Niarja with the Prefer Safer setting.

:red_circle::red_circle::red_circle:

It took 10 years to add a “loot all” button… this red dot infestation bug might be fixed sooner. I hope. XD

:red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle:

Bring back the gong at least i could turn off the sound - with the red dot how do i turn off the picture ? I know i wont play

I would just like to thank the red dot brigade for gathering in one place so I can quickly and easily forum block you all for being even more annoying with the red dots than CCP is.

The guys who live there know that they can’t know who is in their wormhole. They can only take every reasonable precaution, and hope nothing slipped through. And then, they have to go ahead and keep living their lives with the awareness that they could still be jumped at any time, and so stay alert whenever they’re undocked and decloaked.

Why would we thank you? Being CSM doesn’t mean you deserve praise. Just do the job you wanted and don’t expect any warm fuzzies because quite frankly you don’t deserve them.

Since the Update i have strangly very heavy Lag Spikes, yesterday i had like 20 to 90 Secounds delay. Today its a bit better, but i still have Lag like 10 Secound sometime in EvE but otherwise my Internet seems totaly fine - By the way i just noticed the Form/Site seems to Lag too.

Since im from switzerland thats maybe a local Net Problem, but just wanted to check if someone else has issues since the Update?

Ps. Oh right did forget to mention it, but dint get a single disconect and Chat seems to run totaly smooth… thats the most irritating about it, usualy it Lags all :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok boomer

1 Like