Version 18.10 - General Feedback

Just trying to read this strains the eyes. Still no sign of CCP saying they will give us the old font back, or an option in game to have it as a choice. I cant understand why they changed something that wasn’t broken and was already fit, form and function.

Any chance of fixing the font issues, so that I can play this game again ?

Characters blurry, too close together, font too thick
Bold typeface even worse and far too bright
Use the same typeface for character names and chat text in the same window
Text in opened folders (eg. Bookmark folder) too bright and does not need to be in bold

Before Christmas would be great. That’s Christmas 2020.

CCP specifically mentioned that they wanted to see more loss of mining ships as a result of the redistribution changes. And they will, if all of the current population of miners continue to try to mine the very much lower amount of available ore, because they will be easier to find - like zebras clustering around the shrinking watering holes during drought on the Serengeti…

Or the miners will just unsub, since they can no longer do what they like to do (mining, producing, selling stuff) and are being forced to do what they already decided they don’t like to do (fighting, losing ships, working with pvp fleets). i’ve already unsubbed two of my 4 accounts. if my own predictions play out (of increased piracy, increased roaming fleets, nearly non-existent ability to build ships in nullsec at prices that can support the higher attrition rates) I’ll need to find another game.

7 Likes

yayy, plex prices will go down !

That’s assuming they’re using plex for subs.

Why? How does my monthly subscription on my CC affect that?

2 Likes

you said “or the miners will just unsub”, which alot of miners have alts subbed with plex.

I just finished training exhumers in time to not mine anymore. The ore changes should be undone, removing some types from the different sec areas is ok but I’d rather just see a small percentage randomly of others

Inappropriate post removed

1.Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

Trolling
Flaming
Ranting
Personal Attacks
Harassment
Doxxing
Racism & Discrimination
Hate Speech
Sexism
Spamming
Bumping
Off-Topic Posting
Pyramid Quoting
Rumor Mongering
New Player Bashing
Impersonation
Advertising

It’s now been more than 48 hours since this patch was released. People are still reporting discomfort & pain while playing (or trying to); not to mention those with vision impairments that this affects, and yet we haven’t had any updates regarding the new font. Just vague promises that they’re reading all the feedback.

For more than 8 years I’ve been designing and building web applications for businesses of various sizes - nobody I’ve ever worked with would let this change stay in after this kind of feedback. If they did, they would be fired. It’s unprofessional, and borderline unethical.

You’ve changed a fundamental aspect of the UI that impacts accessibility in a major way. You received numerous reports that it was not only problematic in terms of usability, but was actively causing harm to customers. You then chose, at least twice, to not address it.

I’m incredibly passionate about EVE. It’s given me great memories and my best friends. It still is, in my opinion, the greatest MMO of all time. I’ve defended CCP’s vision of this game for years, against the most bitter of vets. I may have disagreed with a lot of changes they made as a player, but that’s to be expected.

However, I simply cannot defend or support a company that can create a major accessibility issue like this, see the effect it had on some players, and then ignore it.

14 Likes

Absolutely

Login = No UI font changes after 15.10. patch = logoff :rage:

1 Like

Is there something wrong with it?

1 Like

Minor victory trig systems with 50 Strong gate camp is just ■■■■■■■ stupid. Sort it out CCP. its ruining lots of new players experiance of the game

1 Like

reading the whining about the new font made me log in the first time into these forums…what a tantrum… the new font is much more readable as the old one and for me coping with impaired eyesight it is a godsend.

1 Like

I’m glad that it works for you despite your impairment, but it’s irrelevant - it affects others with similar impairments, such as myself, and the many others that have complained.

3 Likes

I encourage you to read this very well-articulated response on how the handling of this change was what caused the polarization, not the change itself.

I’m not suggesting that there’s no merit to the new font. I’m just pointing out that it’s causing problems for some people, and an issue of this kind (that is, a major accessibility issue) ought to be taken more seriously than it seems to be.

1 Like

They’ve also received reports from people who previously had pain and eye strain reading the old font that it is improved and in at least some of these threads posts those people have not tried making use of things like the font resizing feature.
Which customer is right, the one who had pain before or the one who has pain now? This is very much a damned either way situation for CCP in the players eyes.

Again, I’m not claiming there’s no merits to the new font, nor that it’s not an improvement for some. But it’s a serious problem for others, and that’s what the issue is.

I encourage you to read this response explaining why this doesn’t have to be the case.

That response I have read, and I honestly regard it as codswaffle.
CCP have already acknowledged player responses and said they are working on it.
People are still jumping on them, claiming they aren’t taking it seriously enough. This going on means nothing CCP can do will stop them being damned one way or another.