Version 18.12 - General Feedback

As far as multibox mining… Its so unbalanced its not worth sitting out there solo in a hulk to mine. CCP wont adress this… correctly anyways. they just make it even harder for the smaller people to mine

Well, it was CCP that stepped in and nerfed destruction. So why wouldn’t they be the ones to step in and nerf pve?

And they’ll keep nerfing until it is in proportion with destruction.

@CCP_Dopamine

I also wasn’t expecting drone assist/guard to stop working.

Was this intended?

3 Likes

You would get aggro from 15 flights of Drones when attempting to do this, so no.

Not to mention they are everywhere. Who wants the job of cleaning up the mess CCP have turned a blind eye to for so long? It’s not my job to police the bad gaming habits of hundreds of players.

I don’t need to anyway. CCP are cleaning up their own mess, at long last.

2 Likes

the problem will persist … pushing another button will not fix the isues

@CCP_Dopamine
What are your intentions with drone assist? Was this intended?

2 Likes

press f key what does it has to do with risk though? challege it is because of having to lock everything but i guess not a big deal if peoples just witch to carrier but come on ratting is boring and the only reason im still do it because semi drone boat, do i make alot of isk with 3 account compare to 1 super? i dont but i get to relax little bit while doing it

Lol, drones nerfed (despite the players’ indignation), so CCP:

1. please, remove null, because there live BOTS.
  2. Also remove HS, because there BOTS too
  3. remove LS and WH/tri space, because no matter more.
  4. make large button on half screen “FIGHT” with ammo for real money. Also gold ammo provide too.
4 Likes

again, risk averse pvpers, you/your group are afraid of 15 AFK ships…

Well, that rips apart the the idea that there’s no PvP content right? Still, people who say is a pvper and are afraid of 15 AFK ships are a bunch of pussies .

2 Likes

for those of you wondering. I did my part. Amusing that i even manged to catch this guy:

that was the only one out of about… i dunno
30? that i found and was able to catch. There intel network is made of entirly bots. so i was suprized

So changes day …

As far as the drone changes it will have zero effect on bots or the like none whatsoever , it will and does only effect those wanting to multitask at the game the legit old fashioned way. Botter’s don’t care and wont be effected for longer than it takes to inject new skills and transport new hulls to there little corners. They will swap to laser boats and missile spammers and carry on regardless. Today u see Ishtars and Gilas , tommrow it will go back to drakes and beam boats.
As for the player that sits running there accounts with legit inputs there is little point trying to use drones . I would use multiple accounts i have 8 , not a huge ammount by some standards but 6 of those where mainly used to generate ISK the old fashioned way via belts , getting hauler and officer spawns. This is now not viable having maxed out drone skills which all of mine do has wasted months of training . Id retrain to something else but having gone down the path of training 4 Rorq chars and the others into Barges plus investing time in skills to build with those mats only to see mining slashed into ribbons , and importing mats is a ball ache.
So with no point to the above and being a legit player i feel rather frustrated at the continual changing goalposts and CCP charging me for privilege , Lucky now if can run 2 accounts in belts which does not support any game play at all.
That said i shall now once again put 6 chars back into stasis hoping CCP has a change of heart . If they don’t i think i can live fairly well on game time provided from stripping there skills in a month or so 450mil SP into bite size chunks . Not bitter in anyway and is nothing more than i have come to expect from CCP . The way they have crippled players income , and tarred everyone once again with the same brush as they have countless times before . Was a time CCP got awards for being great , sadly according to there wall the last time that happened was 2013 and with stunts liek they have been pulling recently they wont see them again anytime soon either.

9 Likes

“Drones will no longer automatically attack NPCs when their behavior is set to aggressive.” Are mining drones not affected?

1 Like

And what are you doing about them?

Wrong. PvP in my book is when they fight back, not touring the galaxy like glorified Refuse Collectors cleaning up all the trash in the universe that CCP should have cleaned up years ago.

Your angry little man passive aggressive baiting is a little silly though. The change has happened, and it’s happened for the reasons I said, and I am glad.

2 Likes

Mining Drones don’t have ‘aggressive’ settings and they don’t respond to attacks - so they are totally unaffected.

Nor was it meant to.

This only changes gameplay with NO inputs.

Players with ‘legit inputs’ are unaffected.

Mining drones already don’t ‘auto-attack’.

3 Likes

pretty much said it all. and nicely.

Then hisec ganking is not PvP? CODE need to have a word with you xD.

It’s a player driven game , if you want trash removed, do it yourself.

Nothing, why should I? I don’t have anything against them.

If this was only ever viable because you didn’t have to press any buttons then it never should have been viable.

Welcome to the not ludicrously broken version of EVE.

2 Likes

pve was already a chore and boring…
Now it’s even more so.

Before you could deploy small drones and they would somewhat consistently clear small stuff, now you need to target it and press extra button.

Drones don’t even follow target when you attack with guns :x

I don’t find pressing 1 extra key “more engaging”, and as an ant-bot measure idk how effective that will be. It’s easy to implement.

Personally I’d love to see a pve overhaul. The content is 10+ years old and ~1mil isk is nothing… So you need to kill swarms of them. It would be better if npc’s were fewer but more powerful.

2 Likes

that could be an hint for one of the next upcoming changes from ccp…
the mtu will be now a tiny blackhole, getting the wrecks from far away in an incredible speed into that box…
with the ccp resource shortage effect, that the wrecks are lost … somewhere in the blackhole…

I’m not in CODE because I don’t admire attacking AFK people.

Your starting premise that if I don’t want to attack AFK people for a living I’m not a PvPer is a false premise and makes everything else you are saying redundant.

Plenty of people want something better than an AFK target to fight.

Your logic is backwards. If I don’t like AFK multiboxing with 15 ships, why would I want to spend my time in game interacting with 15 AFK multiboxing ships?

You make no sense.

No. It’s EVE online not Trash Disposal Online. Not my job.

Again, your starting premise that it is my job to fix the things that are wrong with EVE is a false premise and makes everything else you are saying redundant.

2 Likes