Version 19.09 - General Feedback

Today is the day we find out how many Linux players there really are.

I also warned about this way back here Switching to Linux, what do I do now with Eve?

Response Switching to Linux, what do I do now with Eve? - #78 by CCP_Aurora and here Switching to Linux, what do I do now with Eve? - #90 by CCP_Bartender

3 Likes

i don’t mind the “we won’t support natively”

just don’t break wine

One can never break the whine in Eve :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not as long as CCP develops EVE, that is for sure. It would be a divine miracle if CCP released something that gave no reason to complain about. It would already be a miracle if CCP would hire QA people to spot the most mundane, basic bugs.

You are correct. The name will change in one of the upcoming patches and we got ahead of ourselves and used the new skill name. Sorry about the confusion and thanks a lot for bringing this up!

2 Likes

Added the ability to center current probe formation on your own ship.

This is huge!

1 Like

solution already developed. right now you have to patch your wine with this: Testing Result for Beta EVE Launcher - #59 by Renard_DuGaulle

some time later it will be included in wine, probably

1 Like

I am on Steam Proton and on a frozen release of Steam Proton (5.0-10). Later versions won’t launch.

I tried wine stable in a VM out of curiosity and it broke the VM display lol. I test all new software isolated before hitting live installations.

2 Likes

Added the ability to center current probe formation on your own ship.

Awesome QOL :heart:
Would it be possible to assign a shortcut for it ?

1 Like

I tried wine stable in a VM out of curiosity and it broke the VM display lol. I test all new software isolated before hitting live installations.

thats fine, but…maybe you can manage different installations of wine being simulateneously installed? at least, you can try install it to /opt from source just for one version.

1 Like

thats fine, but…maybe you can manage different installations of wine being simulateneously installed? at least, you can try install it to /opt from source just for one version.

I don’t fancy breaking my display no :slight_smile: I use Steam Proton 5.0-10 and that is working. Launcher works, game doesn’t, Steam just sits showing as “running” but no game.

I will wait for a fix, if not, I’m out.

1 Like

another workaround if you dont want to build wine from source with custom patch: after starting the launcher copy file launchdarkly_client.pyd from C:\EVE\SharedCache\tq\bin64 to C:\EVE\SharedCache\tq\

then start the client.

yes, if you dont want to patch your wine, you have to do it every time

1 Like

Hi, GM IceCream here,

Thank you for reaching out. It is intentional that the Patch notes do not provide more detailed information. Providing more detailed information would allow players to engage in activities with out the magic of discovery which is a very import part of EVE Online.

Please let me know if you have any more concerns.

Best Regards,
GM IceCream
CCP Player Experience | EVE Online

Im whud realy realy love to visit some CCP dev house and hide theyr keys of some stuff so they can engage in magic of discovery OF UNNECESARY WORK OF FINDING STUFF THEY ALREADY OWN AND HAVE TO FIND AGAIN FOR NO REASON

4 Likes

Have I missed where the “Hide Trained Skills” toggle is located within the Skills UI?.

Win 10 game doesn’t work. After start game using launcher I see that in launcher game client is started, but not in task manager and nothing happened, for an hour…

Sorry for mistake

1 Like

Win 10 game doesn’t work. After start game using launcher I see that in launcher game client is started, but not in task manager and nothing happened, for an hour…

Same happens on Linux with Steam Proton (5.0-10).

2 Likes

what is this ?
ess

2 Likes

This worked great thanks!

This is ESS, and this thing was previously in low and null sec systems. Welcome to party!

1 Like

Well the fact is players like me already cracked the formula so we know how to keep DBM 150% INDEFINETLY no matter how much ratting you do.

Basicli this is DEV way to pusnish people who figured out that DBM is as allways total failure and cannot be fixed easili.

SO they will try to decrease the numbers to level they make it as anoing as posible and dont pusnish people who dont know how to go around it to much.

Fun fact we already expected this and made big buffer basicli making it harder for us just to be sure to keep it up. So uless they nerf it like 50% or something it will not afect us anyway. JUST PUNISHING NORMAL PLAYERS.

DBM is and allways will be BAD FEATURE and even more its made by incompetent coders and incompetently design its total mess when we finali figured out the way it work we laughed so hard sice there is no way to fix the work arounds…

1 Like