Version 19.09 - Known Issues (Mac)

New client is excellent, great performance uplift.

I was having some issues with my mouse shaking my camera around. I had to set my mouse polling rate to 125Hz to (mostly) fix it.

That mouse lag appears to be a wider Big Sur issue (Mouse lag Big Sur - Apple Community) but I hadn’t noticed it besides this new client.

I’m also having mouse troubles with the Mac client. I think there are two problems.

1. If you tab or otherwise switch back to the game from another app, you must click several times before the game reliably captures mouse input. It’s especially aggravating when trying to use a menu- sometimes the menu is drawn on the first mouse click (giving you the false impression that it’s “working”), but then the next few clicks fail to activate any menu items. I have trained myself to do a camera drag as my first UI interaction when switching back, just to make sure the mouse clicks are getting recognized.

2. Input lag. Sometimes the mouse just jumps around when trying to do “high precision” moves like positioning scan probes or Q-clicking. It feels like the game can’t draw the basic UI elements fast enough to keep up with the mouse at times. Even just using the menu system is often kind of dicey and results in lots of mis-clicks.

Both of these problems were present for me before the switch to the native client, and I had assumed they were mostly due to Wine.

@Kathaleen mentioned a potential problem with mouse polling under Big Sur, but I don’t have mouse problems with any other app. And Eve behaved this way for me under Catalina as well.

Ok, I thought my mouse was broken but good to know others ware having the same problem. When doing the left click + drag moves, everything shakes like crazy, unplayable. Game still freezing + crashing my Mac

Still no fix… I can’t play on my Mac… a lot of graphics glitches

EBR-225006 - when you switch off weapons in graphics settings - there are less glitches, when ship is damaged - more glitches. When you turn on weapons - not possible to play! When you zoon out - less glitches. Mojave 10.14.6 GTX 680 2GB

Same thing happens to me. Jumping through gates. Not every time, but every 5-10 gates.

Today we released more fixes:

• A fix for certain AMD GPUs having freezes or crashes when using a jump gate. The same fix may also help with general client stability.

• Launching EVE is now possible on case sensitive file systems

If you are using an Nvidia card and 10.14, please see my post here: EVE X Apple - #120 by CCP_Caffeine

Still crashes when docked in Jita on my 6900 XT :frowning:

Had a same issue with Apple Magic Mouse :frowning:

I think this is the eGPU one?
We’re not specifically testing eGPUs right now (There are simply too many combinations), but I’m sorry to hear that. I’m not sure if it’s a 6900XT specific issue, as we’ve not seen this issue on other AMD-based cards on macOS.

Hi
We have made some window changes for the next release. It should reduce (or hopefully eliminate) the need to click in the window more than once to receive input.

It’s should be live on Singularity now, so if you’d like to give it a shot and give us any feedback, just select Singularity in the bottom right of your launcher.

1 Like

Wow, I just tested on Singularity and it’s a massive quality of life improvement. Such a simple thing, but having the UI respond reliably on first click makes the game so much more responsive.

Thank you for pursuing this @CCP_Caffeine. I hope this change makes its way to production quickly.

1 Like

Just did a quick test, and it’s a really great improvement. Thanks for implementing this! Hope it will be available on Tranquility soon!

1 Like

Thank you both for the feedback :grinning: Glad it’s working the way we intended.
We’ll try to get it out in this monthly release.

@Caffeine_Coma - We’ve not been able to replicate the mouse issue you’re having. Do you have an EBR number (Eve Bug Report)? If not, please create one and include as many details as possible (your mouse, OS, hardware etc…) and we’ll see if we can reproduce it :slight_smile:

Hi CCP Caffeine.
I created a bug report EBR-226061. Let me know please if you need additional information from me.

1 Like

Same issue here, Wallet Transactions and Market Transactions tabs are non-functional. Only occurs on my character that has a large number of market transactions. Selecting either the Transactions or Market Transaction tab generates an exception report in the log. Bug report BR-226111 submitted including log file.

1 Like

Thank you.
A fix should be live on Singularity now, so if you’d like to give it a shot and give us any feedback, just select Singularity in the bottom right of your launcher and let us know :slight_smile:

It should make its way into the next monthly release.

1 Like

I can confirm the mouse issue (when using my laptop’s trackpad) is still present on Singularity. I’m on a 2020 MacBook Pro running macOS Monterey, Version 12.0.1. Using either a three finger drag or a click-and-drag to move around the camera at a moderate speed causes the cursor to totally spaz out for me—it looks like it rapidly tries to jump between two different spots. The Camera Inertia setting seems to increase the intensity at which it jumps around, with more stiff being more “jumpy”, but it’s still unusable at either extreme. Camera sensitivity seems to have no effect. This is on “Version: 19.10.1962138” in the top-left text of the pause menu.

Mouslag still there, game still crashing my whole Mac, still unplayable.

After Downtime today, I’m getting connection errors on the launcher. Any ideas. Prior to downtime today, it was connecting to the server fine.

Running macOS Big Sur 11.6.1

Game still crashes on my MacBook. Was able to test EVE on my Dad’s 2019 iMac with LOTS of power and the same Problems occur, especially the always present mouse lag.

My god CCP its been several month and im paying for this. At least give me the chance to play eve with WINE again because that’s where the game actually worked on Mac.