Version 19.09 - Known Issues

Just copy it across, it wasnt there in the first place, an alternative may be to symlink it to the shared cache version.

Anyone know how to fix the awful vertical text stretch every 3-4 lines in chat windows and in the graphic below?

Screenshot 2021-10-14 073303

Dray Cil

1 Like

My probe scan window now flashes white background every jump when it’s open.

If you’re having trouble launching the game, please try verifying your shared cache.
You can do this by opening the launcher settings (small cog in the top right) > Tools/Cache > Shared Cache > Verify

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, please submit a support request and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

1 Like

I wasn’t having any issues alt-tabbing between my 3 toons last night. Not any more delay than usual, at least. Also using EVE-O Preview with 3 large preview windows above the client windows for switching with mouse instead of keyboard.

Alt-tabbing through targets, you say? alt-left arrow and alt-right arrow are the ways I cycle through valid targets (including last night, same as with the alt-tabbing between characters).

From what I can tell:

“Defect Fixes
Gameplay:
Fixed an issue that caused ECM to not work on Marauders with an active Bastion module.”

is the only thing CCP changed about marauders/bastion this week. And it seems that changing how ECM works with them also removed the 12 locks during bastion.

I’ve compensated for this by replacing a RR module with an ATS II (Auto-targeting System II) in the meantime, but I really hope this bug is fixed soon.

Bastion has increased marauder locks from 10 to 12 while it is active since I started using marauders in spring 2016 up until this week. Can’t personally speak to before 2016, though.

• Maximizing the windowed client can lead to incorrect client resolutions and distorted fonts, especially after restarting the client and changing the available desktop size.

That is great, but when can we expect a fix? You realize that a missing typo does not prevent playing, but destroying your eyes and playing with a blurry interface means basically we can’t play the game?

Not really, you’re disappointed in your own choice to game on an unsupported OS knowing full well that the game could stop functioning at literally any point, it would be like me complaining that CCP should make sure they don’t break the delicate emulation layers that enable me to run EVE on a commadore 64, sure you can be annoyed but the person you need to be annoyed with is yourself for choosing to use an unsupported OS

Yeah but mac users are more likely to spend money than the linux guys, i mean they are happy to pay $1k for a monitor stand and $200 for a plastic pencil, they are the target market to appeal to when it comes to disposable income for things like microtransactions, that and there is only a single OS to support instead of 4 billion distros that may or may not have their own issues to resolve or own specific quirks etc

Unify the linux ecosystem and you might get some more support, wouldn’t hurt to have a company that provides support for it aswell, as it stands CCP can approach apple for help with issues, who are they going to approach for help with every single distro?

The thing is its not really “hope”, they will try to get things to work if they can but you guys aren’t part of the QA process and there are far too many variables at play, they will sacrifice you if they have to and you guys need to be aware of that, thankfully that hasn’t yet happened so count that as a blessing

Oh, fullscreen mode, eh? Yeah, that’ll probably do it.

In my case, in almost every game I play on my PC, not just EVE, I never use fullscreen mode. Windowed (borderless windowed if possible) is the way to be. I do too many other things (watching youtube, looking up things on google, etc.) while gaming to want to be locked in to just the one game at a time. And yeah, that screen blacks out thing has been a thing while alt-tabbing out of a fullscreen game for several windows generations, possibly as far back as Win95/Win98, not positive.

We’re currently investigating the distorted font issue and are planning to address it in a future patch. I can’t give a timeline just yet, but we are looking into the cause.

3 Likes

They probably still wont read contracts clearly anyway.

just wondering why CCP dose not just roll back the update … i have a few friends who are online and they say very few people are online

I think the only direction is towards the right and down.

See illustration here

Wonder how that chart would look with a native Linux client.

LOL i wonder if they will give a free month to all the people who cant play or at least some plex to all the toons that can not log in …

Well no, but free SP wouldn’t go wasted for all the suffering we endure.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Good to hear it is being looked into, but sad that this kind of issue can be completely missed before an update comes out. Hundreds of people are having this issue now… what is the QAQC team doing?

Meanwhile I won’t be logging off, cause I am not playing a game that looks as if I was drunk. And if not fixed by the time renewable comes, won’t be resubbing either. 15€ to not be able to play a game in normal condition is ridiculous.

I thought that was a recommended configuration.

Have you tried zoom and enhance?

i tried changing all parameters. it is a bug affecting everyone, you can check yourself. Put windowed, then maximise, everything will look blurry.

I run full screen, switching is also no problem (on Linux with Proton).

I did notice the probe window when jumping flashed white then corrected itself but fonts, haven’t noticed anything drunkish.

Doesn’t Windows have this font AA for cleartype stuff? Have you looked into that? ClearType - Wikipedia

Read CCP first post. It is an issue with the stretching of the game. And full screen is not like windowed maximised.

at least you can log in lots of people can not even log in their launcher freezes everything in fact it even froze my team speak no one could hear me when i was trying to talk to them but once i used task manager to stop the launcher everything worked just fine