Version 19.09 - Known Issues

Run client in DX9…see if that works. I got a white screen and then sometimes it does black. Doing this ‘fixed’ my problem.

Launcher settings, game client, run in DX9

Any suffering gfx glitches/alt tabbing lag or white/black screens is linked to CCP messing with the windows direct X

1 Like

@Rusty_X5 Thank you for the info. It is a good tip, and hopefully knowing about it will help some people get back into Eve. :slight_smile:

However it does not help for me - seems my problem is something else.

I have been using the DirectX9 option since the previous update. Switching to DX9 helped me to solve crashes caused by the stupid character portrait that was added in the character menus.

I’m now busy verifying the files, checking permissions and manually trying to clear the cache, logs etc. :frowning:

Whats your specs dude? Technically eve can run on a potato lol. If you were having problems and having to switch to DX9 before this ‘apple update’ there maybe be other issues :frowning:

Video proof please.

I gave all my specs, DX diagnostics info, driver info etc etc to the GM that tried to help me with the previous problems. He confirmed my PC met all the minimum requirements for Eve. (I had checked it before myself anyway)

The problem is some of the fancy graphics used for full character portraits. Eve uses more of your GPU’s processing power + memory to draw a portrait compared to what it does for spaceships, space objects, stations etc. Ironic for a game about spaceships… hehe.

I had no problem with the rest of the game. Just the new portrait.

And the problem is that portrait was inside a menu that I used often. For clones, standings, interactions etc.

i tried to launch in DX9 but it did no good and i always run in the lowest setting and the game was working fine untill the big update i also submitted all the info the GM asked for and tried to do a fresh download even did a factory re-set on one of my computers and no change it just freezes up my computer then i have to use task manager to close it .

1 Like

Exactly the same happens for me. When the Eve client starts it is completely unresponsive - and blank. I have to use the Windows key to switch to the taskbar, or Ctrl+Alt+Del for task manager (like you do) to force it to close.

Maybe if the RSS variants were d-scan immune it would warrant the price tag and as they are not easy to acquire it wouldn’t become overly common to break gameplay… I guess.

It would be interesting to see how many people actually have this problem, cause I cant remember in recent memory an update that completely broke the game for a small percentage of users without CCP trying to at least acknowledge it or to try to fix it.

I got lucky with my fix to the white screen problem…but yer…idk tbh

However I must say this is the worst update they done for quite a while, other then white screen problem on my laptop, distorted screen on toon selection (yet fixes itself) and white flashes every time I start a new account/client is new…no other update has been this bad

1 Like

One interesting thing I did notice while playing Eve for a few weeks with DirectX 9 (before this update) - DX9 made my GPU and CPU run a lot cooler, which was awesome.

Ever since they changed the mininum DX version years ago always ran hotter for me (both on Windows and Linux and on multiple machine hardware configurations).

I do see white flashes on the screen every jump and every jump now has massive ping spikes by a factor of 10x the normal ping (ALT-SHIFT-CTRL+M monitor tool in game). I never saw those white flashes before (this is on Proton and Linux now).

I presume the white flashes are due to the jump ping spike (this seems to be why the jump animation lags in the jump tunnel) as it loads up the next grid.

Nice patch! Have to switch from dx11 to dx9 because huge fps/latency drops in combat and near the stations. Jumping from dx11 to dx9 solved this problem

Day 4 and the bloody game is still blurry… apparently fixing ESS from showing up in HS, when everybody knows it is not real and don’t prevent playing the game is more important…

I have same problems as EMOO and a fair few others it seems. Client window frame starts but content is transparent and i can see launcher and desktop underneath. It takes alt tab to switch to other visible programmes. Programme seems to be running and not frozen , just doesnt do anything even after half an hour. This does seem to be the exefile.exe from task menue processes. I havent seen this file in task manager processes before , and upon ending eve and launcher , this file remains to be manually ended as well. I submitted a ticket and 18 minutes of loglite file a couple days ago from my other paid account. I also verified files a couple times and have tried the range of suggestions from helpful players , but to no avail.
Any more suggestions would be most welcome.

1 Like

Don’t know what you’re going on about, I haven’t seen anything about Market bugs being fixed…

Market manipulation is not a bug.

i see still no fix to the problem stopping us from getting online and no response from CCP other then to request info already given to them . im about to ask for a refund of all the money i spent for omega time .

for now im playing command and conquer … re-editing maps and having fun with my son

you won’t be able to get a refund… you dont pay to play, you pay for a chance to log in… did you happen to think the problem is maybe on your end that something needs to be changed somewhere?

Geo Eclipse OksarasVeteran

1m

you won’t be able to get a refund… you dont pay to play, you pay for a chance to log in… did you happen to think the problem is maybe on your end that something needs to be changed somewhere?

tried everything from new download to verify the shared cashe file tried running in DX9 and in admin mode

nothing i have done has had any effect and CCP has yet to say anything and rember im not alone

1 Like

@Geo_Eclipse_Oksaras If you read the posts in this thread by people who all have a similar problem logging into Eve, you would have seen that Eve worked for them before the update. The moment the update was installed they could not get into Eve anymore.

Between Eve working and then not working suddenly: Nothing else was changed on their computers. No other software was changed. No settings was changed in Windows. The are all still using the same internet connections and same providers as before.

The only change was the update to Eve. That is where the problem is and we are asking CCP to fix the bugs.

1 Like