Version 19.09 - Known Issues

Classy, and not even a changelog. Mystery box.

This is what really annoys me, especially as a Unix/Linux/BSD user is lack of changelogs and transparancy of risky changes.

Still hasn’t fixed the pyd issue on Proton 5.0-10. I still have to work around.

Hundreds of MB of downloads in patching and not a single changelog.

1 Like

i wish they would just roll the dang update back and test it on the TEST server till it works

Not sure what you are talking about. I give them time, just that 3 days without being able to play when I pay is starting to be very, very long, and with the weekend coming I don’t expect a fix anytime soon. They also fixed tiny things that were not preventing players to actually play the game first… go figure.

Either this is intentional or a bug but why tech 2 combat probe and the tech 2 probe have been removed ?

Use Sisters

interesting… the launcher is there, but yea only the sisters and T1 version are still there.

1 Like

you do know that tech 2 probe existed for a long time or are you just trolling ?

maybe not… I cannot find any information in eve wiki or anything bout T2 probes… i hardly ever used probes so i never would have noticed.

Jason Ozran

Geo_Eclipse_Oksaras

2h

Not sure what you are talking about. I give them time, just that 3 days without being able to play when I pay is starting to be very, very long, and with the weekend coming I don’t expect a fix anytime soon. They also fixed tiny things that were not preventing players to actually play the game first… go figure.

what i am saying is they have test servers so why not test patches there where it will cause less hassel ?

Mine only blurry on toon selection screen (on my desktop) After that it fixes itself. Also I get bright white flashes every time I start a new client.

Its has something to do with DirectX as running the client in DX9 on my lappy solved the ‘white screen’ issue I had there.

If you used T2 probes then you might have broken the game. hehe, just joking. :slight_smile:

There are only Tech 1, RSS and Sisters probes. No Tech 2. (never has been)

There is however tech 2 launchers. Maybe that is what caused the confusion.

not even RSS… nothing in eve uni wiki’s or even the game itself suggests there’s another version of probes other than T1 and Sisters… Yea i think for me, the confusion of having a T2 launcher, made me believe there were a T2 variety, when in fact there never was.

Does anybody actually use those RSS probes?

RSS probes are obtained from the Minmatar epic arc if you make the ‘Retraction’ choice at the end. They definitely exist. (have been there for years)

They fit in-between T1 and Sisters probes. Stronger than T1. Weaker than Sisters. Therefore not often used as far as I know, but I have seen them traded on the market so I assume they have some applications.

ah, its not listed with the variations for combat… I wasn’t thinkin the RSS were core scanners, so i had no idea those existed.

That is their application, to make ISK by finding a bigger fool.

I just double-checked. CCP buffed their stats. I did not realize. Which is good because orinally they seemed a bit useless, but now I understand their high cost.

In fact it goes like this: Tech1 < Sisters < RSS

Base scan strength:
Tech 1 = 40
Sisters = 44
RSS = 45

The difference between the probe strengths get a LOT bigger once the skill, ship, and module/rig multipliers apply.

If a person has lower skills the RSS probes will make that 1% or 2% percent difference maybe for those few annoyingly hard sites! :slight_smile:

1 point higher than sisters… and $20 mil or higher compared to $300k + for sisters and $10k+ for T1

a whole 1 unit of strength, not worth the cost, we can make that up with “prospector” hardwires and currently AIR Astero rangefinding boosters.

You will also need 16 (8 in the launcher and 8 out on the field) of them remember, and replacements on losses.

And 32 if you field core and combats in one ship, and multiples of that per ship you park about Eve. The costs start to add up, greatly.

Sisters are widely used for a reason.

Well I did say they are not often used… so you are confirming what I said earlier. (grins)

@CCP_Dopamine The PC Eve client not working for some folks is still not listed in known bugs.

The launcher works for me. But as soon as I start the client I get a Eve window… blank… nothing in it. No matter how long I wait nothing happens.

Tried relogging and rebooting. Did not help.

Eve worked before the update. Now Eve is completely broken for me.