Version 19.09 - Known Issues

We are the cool kids. CCP has yet to catch up.

Web is being done, Mac native is done, Windows is done, the only other platform to get is Linux, we may be next. Mac native may hopefully pave the way for Linux native. There is no other platform to go to, end of the road. Wine is dead on Mac support now, that means from here on out Eve on wine is probably not hopeful going forward. Native or game over for Linux.

1 Like

@Zoiie Eve for Android? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I thought cool kids used tablets now - big flat button design. Hehe, just joking.

Thatā€™s what the web Eve is for.

Not a patch specific issue but could CCP please fix the wreck icons for Player Concord ships, Triglavian ships (and Edencom ships, but not sure about those) and T3D. The wrecks use the NPC wreck icons (filled squares) and not the Player wreck icons (empty squares).

ok just got a message back from support ā€¦ they said my cpu is out of date and they do not see any support for it nor any new drivers ā€¦

funny how it worked till the update and now it not working

Did you check chipset drivers?

yes none offered

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

it is really old

No you donā€™t, the devs do not understand case sensitive filesystems, Mac users now have to reinstall their Mac so that the filesystem is no longer case sensitiveā€¦ can you imagine the ā– ā– ā– ā–  their client would cause on Linux?

So is the Eve demographic :smiley:

Case sensitivity is a POSIX standard.

However, you can still be be Unix and POSIX certified (as MacOS is) and still use non-case sensitive filesystems as long as you SUPPORT case-sensitive filesystems (which Windows and Mac do), however Windows (and Mac, correct me if I am wrong on the Mac) do not have it as default as far as I am aware. It is default on Linux, BSD and Unix however.

If I was using a Mac I would be using case-sensitive filesystems where possible, and on Windows I would be enabling that on filesystems being shared.

Known issue: Can no longer record video from the EVE client using window capture (using OBS). Must use full desktop capture, which is not goodā€¦

@House_Mate_9 Iā€™m sorry to hear they could not solve your problem. :frowning:

I find it very frustrating that CCP did not give anyone even the slightest heads up that were going to drop support for older PC systems. They did not even mention it afterwards in the patch notes. Long ago they at least showed that little bit of courtesy and allowed people to prepare for changes that might not work on their computers, for example when they changed from 32 to 64-bit there was plenty of notices beforehand.

I am so glad I decided not to go for a multi-month subscriptionā€¦

Iā€™m still waiting on tech support to reply on my problem. In the meantime I have tried everything I could find to try and solve it on my own.

For what it is worth, and if it might help anyone else with a similar problem - I did learn that if I switch from DriectX9 ā†’ to DirectX11 in the launcher I can get into the game. Which seems the wrong way around for solving problems to me, funny enough. Everything works, albeit slower. Just the character portrait still causes a crash in DX11 if I open the character menu - so no jump clone access etc yet for me.

DirectX 9 was released in 2002, last update was 2008 (correct me if I am wrong).

Whilst there has been no end of life date given, they have updated the headers and SDK and depreciated older builds of the SDK.

With the Mac native now out, perhaps they will consider migrating away from DirectX and into Vulkan (not sure what theyā€™re using on the Mac native client, Metal, OpenGL or Vulkan, maybe somebody with a Mac can check).

I think it is time they drop these older ā€œend of lifeā€ platforms (W7, W8.1, DirectX9) and go full cross platform on the graphics too. (see end of life dates here Search Product and Services Lifecycle Information - Microsoft Lifecycle | Microsoft Docs )

@Zoiie DX9 is super old, I canā€™t even remember how long ago I last worked with its SDKā€™s. But it is very stable, uses less resources, easier for faultfinding etc which CCP knows and are good reasons why it is still included in the launcher. Of course it has less features and effects than DX11.

I know what you mean that at some point new tech has to be adopted. The PC industry forces this on everyone eventually. But I also really hope CCP does not change too soon. Us guys with older PCā€™s and systems still want to play Eve. Donā€™t take my spaceships away. :slight_smile:

It is the cost of the baggage, it will get heavier as time goes on and for the fewer that use it.

Itā€™s that purge time again imo.

Mac native changes things now, Mac does NOT use DirectX (that gives hope for Linux gamers).

I know it is not supported on Linux, but here is the triggered error that causes the client not to show up once the ā€œlaunchā€ button is pressed on the launcher. I believe the dev team can find that same bug in their Sentry Instance, as there is a log saying it was sent to the sentry error reporter.

EXCEPTION #1 logged at 10/18/2021 18:41:19 : Unhandled exception in <TaskletExt object at 0x48ba808, abps=1001, ctxt=None> 

Formatted exception info: ImportError: DLL load failed: Success.

Common path prefix = c:/buildagent/work/d2d8a22a74178531/eve/release/release

Caught at:
<pre>/packages/bluepy/__init__.py(52) CallWrapper

Thrown at:
<pre>/packages/bluepy/__init__.py(43) CallWrapper
<pre>/carbon/common/lib/autoexec_client_core.py(166) Startup
<pre>/carbon/common/script/sys/serviceManager.py(132) Run
<pre>/carbon/common/script/sys/serviceManager.py(88) _BuildClassMap
<pre>/eve/common/modules/nice/client/_nastyspace/svc.py(81) <module>
<pre>/eve/client/script/parklife/fleetSvc.py(17) <module>
<pre>/eve/client/script/ui/shared/fleet/fleetwindow.py(16) <module>
<pre>/eve/client/script/ui/shared/fleet/fleetRespawnPoints.py(1) <module>
<pre>/eve/common/modules/nice/client/_nastyspace/listentry.py(92) <module>
<pre>/eve/client/script/ui/shared/incursionJournal.py(11) <module>
<pre>/eve/client/script/ui/shared/mapView/mapViewUtil.py(12) <module>
<pre>/eve/client/script/ui/shared/systemMenu/betaOptions.py(11) <module>
<pre>/packages/launchdarkly/__init__.py(69) <module>
__builtins__ = {'AUR': 30,
'ArithmeticError': <type 'exceptions.ArithmeticError'>,
'AssertionError': <type 'exceptions.AssertionError'>,
'AttributeError': <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>,
__doc__ = None
__file__ = None
__loader__ = None
__name__ = None
__package__ = None
__path__ = None
_make_user_object = None
client = None
client_instance = None
ext = None
get_client = None
imp = None
json = None
logger = None
logging = None
monolithconfig = None
on_client = None
os = None
platform = None
sdk = None
set_user = None

Thread Locals: session was <Session: (sid:696976704635222248, mutating:0, contextOnly:False, corprole:0x0, languageID:EN, role:0x4000000000000000L, sessionType:5, rolesAtAll:0x0, rolesAtHQ:0x0, rolesAtBase:0x0, rolesAtOther:0x0)>
Stackhash: 1824858896
Reported from: logmodule
EXCEPTION END

the failed: success is weird but whatever :slight_smile:

Same issue, game was running perfectly, then the update downloaded.

Launcher works fine, but as soon as I click launch, it acts like itā€™s launching the game, but nothing happens.

I deleted all cache files, and did a full verify. Double checked that all graphics drivers are up to date.

Incidentally, no other updates of ANYTHING besides EVE have happened between when the game worked, and the game stopped working, so definitely an issue with the update.

Running the loglite debugger, the error that occurs every time is some kind of python script error, says something about an arithmetic error, but itā€™s not clear what it is caused by.

Much searching of the forums seems to indicate this problem has occurred with many updates, but no clear answer as to what causes it. Not really wanting to redownload the whole game.

Some posts seemed to indicate it may be a problem with the game detecting the graphics card properly, which since they made some changed to the windowing, might be the case.

Also, tried launching the game via Steam as you said you did, as well as directly running the launcher, same exact result each time.

Caught at:
<pre>/packages/bluepy/__init__.py(52) CallWrapper

Thrown at:
<pre>/packages/bluepy/__init__.py(43) CallWrapper
<pre>/carbon/common/lib/autoexec_client_core.py(166) Startup
<pre>/carbon/common/script/sys/serviceManager.py(132) Run
<pre>/carbon/common/script/sys/serviceManager.py(88) _BuildClassMap
<pre>/eve/common/modules/nice/client/_nastyspace/svc.py(81) <module>
<pre>/eve/client/script/parklife/fleetSvc.py(17) <module>
<pre>/eve/client/script/ui/shared/fleet/fleetwindow.py(16) <module>
<pre>/eve/client/script/ui/shared/fleet/fleetRespawnPoints.py(1) <module>
<pre>/eve/common/modules/nice/client/_nastyspace/listentry.py(92) <module>
<pre>/eve/client/script/ui/shared/incursionJournal.py(11) <module>
<pre>/eve/client/script/ui/shared/mapView/mapViewUtil.py(12) <module>
<pre>/eve/client/script/ui/shared/systemMenu/betaOptions.py(11) <module>
<pre>/packages/launchdarkly/__init__.py(69) <module>
__builtins__ = {'AUR': 30,
'ArithmeticError': <type 'exceptions.ArithmeticError'>,
'AssertionError': <type 'exceptions.AssertionError'>,
'AttributeError': <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>,
1 Like

Lidria Sarain

Sgt_Ocker

4m

Same issue, game was running perfectly, then the update downloaded.

Launcher works fine, but as soon as I click launch, it acts like itā€™s launching the game, but nothing happens.

I deleted all cache files, and did a full verify. Double checked that all graphics drivers are up to date.

Incidentally, no other updates of ANYTHING besides EVE have happened between when the game worked, and the game stopped working, so definitely an issue with the update.

Running the loglite debugger, the error that occurs every time is some kind of python script error, says something about an arithmetic error, but itā€™s not clear what it is caused by.

> Much searching of the forums seems to indicate this problem has occurred with many updates, but no clear answer as to what causes it. Not really wanting to redownload the whole game.

Some posts seemed to indicate it may be a problem with the game detecting the graphics card properly, which since they made some changed to the windowing, might be the case.

Also, tried launching the game via Steam as you said you did, as well as directly running the launcher, same exact result each time.

hate to tell you this but a fresh download dose nothing i did a factory reset with updates and a fresh download of eve client and still same issue

and the problem started only when the update hit ā€¦ funny they say my computer chip is to old to handle the game but it meets the system requirements ā€¦ barley but it did and i was running 2 clients same time so i know it is not my computer

1 Like