Version 19.09 - Known Issues

i just did another ticket and put in the link for this site in the hopes they may read and see how others are having a issue since the update

submitting multiple tickets is not going to helpā€¦ you are adding to the problemā€¦ they even ask, do not make mutliple tickets of the same thing.

they allready closed out my other support ticket blaming my computer even though it meets minn specks to play according to their own site .

also i included the link to this site in case they are just not aware of it

im trying to advocate not just for me but all the people who do not have acess

1 Like

Anomalies and signatures took 12 minutes to spawn after DT. They usually take 1 minute. Hopefully itā€™s a one-time thing.

i dont know if this is a mistake over site ore even the right place to put this but on the new drone mutaplasmids for sentryā€™s you give them a 0-30% bonus to velocity they have no velocity

1 Like

CCP just informed me there is info about the launcher in the new patch but see nothing that would stop me from accessing the game

Technical:

The position of the windowed EVE client is now persisted. This was enabled by a larger refactoring of the window management system.
Improved the default client settings:
    The default resolution is now determined together with the default graphical settings based on the GPU.
    UI scaling is by default now determined based on the client resolution.
    Anti-aliasing is disabled by default on 4k and above resolutions.

User Interface:

Fixed an issue with opening an information panel via the Planetary Industry Agency window.
Fixed an issue that prevented players from properly managing their drones when multiple types of drones were loaded in the drone bay.
Fixed an issue with the Fitting Simulation window not handling the items correctly if there are four or more items in the cargo hold.
Fixed an issue in the Probe Scanner window where the Probe Size does not scale properly when the window is reduced.
Fixed an issue where various in-game windows could be dragged off-screen, making them irretrievable.

maby i missed something but the requirements to play still are posted as

All hardware regardless of platform must support the following minimum requirements:

CPU and operating system must be 64 bit
GPU
    with 256MB VRAM or more
    that supports Shader Model 3
    that supports DirectX 9.0c
Drivers: DirectX 9.0c (included)
Audio
    that is Direct Sound compatible and supports SSE
HD: 23 GB free space (or more)
Network: ADSL connection (or faster)
DVD-ROM: 2x-speed DVD reader (for boxed editions only)

The minimum screen resolution for the EVE Online Client is 1024x768. For optimum performance always use the latest available drivers for all hardware, including in particular audio and video hardware.

1 Like

My biggest issue at this point is deciding what path to take - I could try re-downloading the entire game, but since I have a fresh install only two weeks old, I think that is unlikely to help, and just be a waste of 6 hours.

I could do a full reload on my computer, but again, without knowing the actual cause of the issue, that might be a huge amount of work for nothing. Computer is running great otherwise, and EVE was running great prior to this update. With no useful feedback from the game on WHY it isnā€™t working, I have no way to determine what to try to fix.

Just to add to the narrative of updates breaking things here - the reason I did a full re-download and system update a couple weeks ago, I was playing EVE last year and an update did the exact same thing as this time. Game was working fine, updated, then wouldnā€™t start. At the time, some friends were wanting me to go play another MMO with them, so I just didnā€™t mess with it, played that for a year with them. However, I was wanting to play EVE again, so I did the re-download, it didnā€™t fix the issue, so I reinstalled and updated EVERYTHING I could, and it fixed it, until this update.

Assuming the graphics card driver probably had something to do with it, however, I am running a fairly old GTX1060, so I cannot imagine at this point that there are that many huge driver changes being made for a card that old, and no updates have been released since I updated a couple weeks ago, so that isnā€™t even an option right now.

I think the real issue here is this - the devs like to blame peopleā€™s computers, and that is often the case, I am sure. However, as an IT professional, I am trained that when something stops working, we look for what has changed. And when the ONLY thing that has changed is the update to the game, it becomes clear that something in the update broke something that WAS working.

So, if any devs are reading this, I would propose this - while I know updates are necessary, to fix issues, add features, etc, try and remember two things when doing so - donā€™t fix what isnā€™t broken, and donā€™t break what is already working. Microsoft does a fine job on both those points, and they donā€™t like competition.

1 Like

i did a fresh reload on my system after a factory reset and driver updates and it had no effect

Seems like maybe an issue with specific hardware? What specs are your system? I am running an Intel Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v2 @ 3.50GHz, with an NVidia GTX 1060 6GB. Older hardware I know, but it has never had any issue running the games I play, as long as they load, which EVE is not at this time.

Hi CCP, you have a graphic performance ā€œleakā€, if you repeatably open the skill window, from the character sheet, you trash your FPS. Starting from 60, one open, close ā†’ 40FPS, second ā†’ 25FPS ā€¦ no way to recover except restart found!

EDIT: Update, it happens when you open the market from within skill window. Open char sheet, open skills, click on buy skill, market, close all windows ā€¦ repeat

NVIDIA 2080 TI, recent drivers.

2 Likes

Sentries actually move with 1 m/s. :joy:

Xeon processor is NOT for any normal use and in very important ways donā€™t adhere to normal/modern standards.

They caused problems for gaming back then and they will most certainly do now. This is not a CCP issue, this is a ā€œIā€™m trying to fit a round peg in a square holeā€ PC issue.

Same here, just checked. i5-8400, 1070Ti, win 10, latest drivers.

2 Likes

Accounting and Broker Relations skill descriptions arenā€™t updated. Plz fix

what happend to the brokers fee ?

got differrent fee on the same char and place

between 15% and 1.08% in jita, depends on the item

Sounds like a bug. F12 in game to report it

1 Like

Try running your client in DX9 mode (in launcher settings) it fixed my laptop white screen problem. I think they messed with the DirectX settings in windows tbh, its would explain alot of the graphical issues people are having with game since the update.

That was actually changed a few months ago, sentry are now properly static.

1 Like

@CCP_Dopamine Can we ever expect the issue of the text being completely blurry to be ever resolved? Are we ever going to be able to play in maximized windowed mode, which is how most players play the game when using more than one client?

It has been a week and nothing has been done nor communicated about it. How can a game company screw the display of their own client, not catch that in testing before release, then ignore this issue for a week, which prevent users from playing the game properly and gives the impression of being permanently drunk? This is seriously making me lose faith in CCP ability to QAQC their own game and fix issues when they are reportedā€¦

3 Likes

not everything that translates from sisi to tq will be perfectā€¦ it could look fine on sisi, and go to hell when it hits TQ