Version 19.11 - General Feedback

Isn’t it supposed to be 18x “Residue Volume Multiplier”, i.e. 1800% waste, instead of 18% ?

So we’re still punishing skilled Venture miners with more (strikethrough: waste) residue than new miners, even with the Faction drills. (strikethrough: Nice!)

Single Diode Basic Mining Laser

• Residue Probability: 0%
  • Residue Volume Multiplier: 0x

Gallente Mining Laser

• Residue Probability: 20%
  • Residue Volume Multiplier: 1x

Syndicate Gas Cloud Scoop

• Mining amount: 20 (previously 10)
  • Residue Probability: 0%
  • Residue Volume Multiplier: 0x

Interesting. WTF is a Single Diode Mining Laser?

1 Like

Mining barges and exhumers have been given major buffs to survivability and mining yield.

They say that while also removing a mid slot from the skiff. Count me confused as to how that achieves the stated goal.

6 Likes

Skiff still gets a pretty significant ability to tank, now though you have to choose between going all in, or having utility @Telaila_Endashi

1 Like

Here is your feedback! @CCP_Paragon

1. Why do Procurer have a shield bonus but not enough mid slots to shield tank? All CCP is doing is forcing all barges to be hull tank, stupid!

2. Changes wastage to residue is still a garbage mechanic by another name!

3. Doubling Ore amount after you removed 90% of the minerals and worth from high sec ore. Just doubles the garbage not the worth. Still is not rewarding to undock to mine. It is not worth subbing alts or organizing large mining fleets because it does not pay for the players to show up. Go back to the high sec ore make up before moon mining came along and remove all npcs/ Fobs from high sec. Increased risk with no increase in reward.

4. Orca are being forced to use Indy cores while having no panic module. No thank you I will not be undocking any Orcas throughout High Sec, If a Rorq null sec has a panic module while null sec loses less ships then high sec, high sec Orcas need a panic module more then Rorqs.

5. Gas- if you think high sec miners are going after worthless gas you are wrong. I have never once brought a boosting ship on grid for gas because boosting ships don’t have gas harvesting drones. I have never seen a fleet in high sec mining gas because it is not worth the time. High sec is worthless.

6. Doubling Ice in high se cis stupid. Since CCP has made moon station worthless or plans in making them even less valuable. Most of high sec moon station have been pulled down and the few that are still up will be coming down shortly. So doubling the ice is just going to crash the price of ice/fuel blocks because there will be a LOT less stations to fuel.

7. Where are Orca changes since you guys added a indy core and compression module?

Over all this is just another kick in the balls after 2-3 years of BS. It is like CCP does not want miners in the game. When I started before moon mining became a thing. I could mine what ever I needed in high sec except for two minerals. I paid scouts to report on anoms locations. I interacted with hull sec to get my two null sec minerals. But since you CCP devs decided that I don’t need to rewarded of capability of mining my own resources for building, i have decided that CCP does not need my time or money.

Once high sec get minerals back and all of the indy changes get removed, I might think of coming back. I hope CCP enjoys driving paying customers from their game. Can’t wait to see the 4th quarter earning report and the 1st quarter earning reports for next year.

22 Likes

Errr…i hope thats a typo.

1 Like

That’s a cute joke though… So CCP doesn’t pay testers before they roll out the changes, that explains the low monthly fee of 14.99€ for Omega.
To me, as long as my interest is piqued I’ll keep login in and doing my thing.
I like the game and the content keeps me busy. I think the Devs could use a better management team but that’s literally none of my business.

Cheerios!
And thank you.

2 Likes

Specialization in Coherent Ore reprocessing. Allows a skilled individual to utilize reprocessing facilities at considerably greater efficiency.

2% bonus to reprocessing yield per skill level for the following Coherent Ore types:
Hedbergite
Hemorphite
Jaspet
Kernite
Omber

Specialization in Variegated Ore reprocessing. Allows a skilled individual to utilize reprocessing facilities at considerably greater efficiency.

2% bonus to reprocessing yield per skill level for the following Variegated Ore types:
Crokite
Dark Ochre
Gneiss

Specialization in Simple Ore reprocessing. Allows a skilled individual to utilize reprocessing facilities at considerably greater efficiency.

2% bonus to reprocessing yield per skill level for the following Simple Ore types:
Plagioclase
Pyroxeres
Scordite
Veldspar

interesting hmmmm

the mentioned reimbursement is the difference between old and new SP.

3 Likes

Yeah must be. I have several million SP on a few of my characters.

Dear CCP,

Doubling zero, remains zero. No surprises there.

Sincerely,
Your exhausted af players and soon to be ex.

13 Likes

Riiiiight. Thanks.

2 Likes

I just wish building ships I want to fly wasn’t so terribly tedious. Thanks for removing a couple P4s from some components? I guess.

Underwhelmed and disappointing changes we get after so many years of scarcity. You turned all the wrong dials to fix capital proliferation and all the right dials to make industry such a chore most of my friends stop logging in. We don’t want easy, we want fun and rewarding.

5 Likes

If you had skills maxed out before you had spent 13,568,000 skillpoints. in order to max it out now you have to spend 11,776,000. Meaning you have 1,792,000 skill points left over to spend on something else.

Its not a typo. Its just an unclear way of presenting the information. Why say “your skill points will be refunded” when you can set up a math problem

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did I miss Expedition Frig changes, or do we just have to plow through even bigger Gas clouds in wormholes?

Edit: These are Anoms, probably not affected at all…

There were a few things missing in the patch notes, namely the Covetor and the Capital Industrial Core which have now been added, among a few numbers which have now been also fixed.

Edit: I can see how “among a few numbers” is not a good way to put it and I don’t want you to scan the entire patch notes again.

The Mining Crystal table was changed and the Hulk yield bonus was changed.

4 Likes

they announced a couple of weeks back that they were scrapping those.

1 Like

Scrapping the changes, not the frigs, I hope :wink:

Thx!

The max reimbursement is the difference between the two columns…that is, the ~13.5mil old maximum minus the ~11.8mil new maximum means a reimbursement maximum of ~1.7mil.

Another way to look at it, if you had the old skills maxed, they will give you all those SP back. If you spend them to max out all the new skills, you’ll still have almost 2mil left over.

I had did done a double-take when I saw that 1.7max as well.

2 Likes

Not to mention that the only Skill the “skilled” Venture miner needs to be able to fit a t2 mining laser is Mining level 4, which takes 18 hours to skill on an alpha toon, and the Venture has enough fitting capacity to use 2 T2 miners even if no engineering was skilled at all. Does anyone who doesn’t have Mining skilled to lvl4 even consider himself as a miner?

Likewise, I see so many whales droneboating in highsec, I bet quite a few of those toons can’t even fit a remote shield transfer unit as they didn’t skill it, but there never is an orca that doesn’t have “decent” drones, as it just doesn’t make any sense. Until now, that is. Now I can finally undock my 2 billion isk (*) hull in order to enjoy t1 drone glory.

(*) Compression nerfs means you can’t take the ore you mined in some highsec, compressed it and move it to the reproc rigged refinery for reproc, and the mineratls to the mineral consumption rigged engineering stations in low or null w/o losing ore and paying compression module fuel on top, so you can just reproc your ores in the highsec where you mined it, at -7% reproc yield over low and -15% over null, which guarantees the reduction of input minerals to produce an orca yields way less of a production price decrease then it may seem to some people skimming the Changelog. So I’ll just claim the Orca to be a 2B boat after this patch, too.
And while the Orca, and to some limited extends Caps and BS get a production “price” reduction due to the component input materials being reduced to compensate the compression nerfs, all other ships and modules will increase in “price” over this.

The removal of mining duration bonuses and the nerf to the t1 strip miner, which was rather popular i think, is a nice nerf of ORE m^3 / time getting mined, and the addition of a yield bonus on the hull does not compensate for the duration nerf, as it only increases the time that was wasted when random “residue” despawns a rock.

2 Likes